Fan Art: LilFormers Ultimate Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I happen to like TF:A but damnit if I dont like Lil' Formers as well so Matt Keep on trucking bro!

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the work of a fan of Transformers. He is entitled to his own opinion about whatever character and about any series. These are his takes and feeling on how he feels about the franchise or just great and lame cartoons of the oh so wonderful 80's. I'm sure he isn't basing it off the likes or dislikes of other fellows "Fans"!!!

I found it very funny honestly the best one so far. Optimus is one of the few characters that has to fill the role of every Hero aspect at once. Being there has been some many different takes on him and his role as leader(aka Rodimus) there is also a wide spectrum of comedic and sometimes not so likable qualities.

3. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Right-right. Clearly, he can say whatever he likes. And obviously this is his opinion. And surely he has the right to express how he feels however he wishes. That's not news.

But we're also entitled to express our opinions as well. He is, after all, calling upon us to act as an audience and public forum for his self-expression. I found it ignorant and unfunny. Now, I can take something being unfunny if it's informed and thoughtful, and I can take something that's myopic and inaccurate if it's entertaining, but I found this is both at once. I found this little satire to be rather stupid. Maybe this idea of this strip is played out, maybe it just makes for a terrible forum for the expression of controversial sentiments, whatever. I don't know. Too many strips like this, I probably won't pay attention to "Lil' Formers" anymore, and I can't imagine many other people will, either..

4. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    How could it be inaccurate when he hit the nail on the head of every problem of every Prime? With the exception of Rodimus Prime Judd Nelson FTW!!

5. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I strongly doubt that the various problems for them are "'bad' animation", "ugly design", and "not the movie version".

6. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Here guys, I went back in time to Spring 2008 and drew this for everyone who wants me to be nicer to Animated. The universe was severely damaged int he process but, it was worth it:

[​IMG]

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

That was a great comparison! If you take requests, could you do one of the G1 Decepticons meeting their Animated Counterparts? G1 Blitz meeting Animated Blitz would be so funny!

8. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Depends on what your opinion is. But if I hold up a g1 pic of Optimus and a Movie One to my son he instantly recognizes the movie one as being Optimus and has too sit and think about who G1 Optimus is until I point out the similarities. Granted my son is only three but still.

And another great one Matt. I also would like to see a Deception version of this.

9. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Great! That comic needs it's own front page and news credit yet another TFW exclusive Lil'Former comic!

10. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was referring to Primal.

11. MattMoylan

Well, it's actually year old comic, published in the Collector's Club mag. so Not exactly hot news ;) 

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It's inaccurate because it's coming across more as a factual statement, than an opinion.
    Once it's stated as fact (mind you, none of what he stated in the strip was fact.) it becomes a problem. People will decry it, others will thrust their fists in the air with a feeling of accomplishment and feel they've been validated.

FACT: I say "*I* think Animated is quite possibly the best TF show and toyline yet."

OPINION: I say "Animated is awesome and y'all should love it! Yay!"

There's a big world of difference.

And no, he didn't hit the nail on the head. Because not everyone feels the same way. Sure, each Prime/toyline mentioned had it's fair share of problems, because nothing's perfect, but they weren't as he claimed.

Some were worse than others, some were better than others, but to take what he says as golden truth is just silly, and makes you a lemming.

Think for yourself, not what some comic writer on the internet tells you to feel.

If you agree with him after you've actually thought it out, then more power to you. If you agree with him right off the bat, with no rhyme or reason, then you lose any credibility in your argument and you've no right to add to the conversation until you can think for yourself.

13. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Then bless the powers that be for they are with me!!!

No I'm not just agreeing with the artist based on me being a fan. But I can and will agree with him on the flaws which anything and everything has. Nothing is perfect just like you said. Geez-sus!! He and I just coincidentally may or may not have the same irks about certain series. It is still ok to agree with someone isn't?

And I really doubt it is coming across as a factual statement you really think he is going to take the time and draw out and write out "This is my opinion" or muck up a strip by putting a disclaimer before hand and nor should I before my posts just because you can't get it's just an opinion? I'm sorry IMO IMO IMO IMO that better?

14. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Off the animated one, the armada one is totally wrong. In armada, hes dead and is in unicron. the fact that he was resereccted means that it is null and void.It has nothing to do with Prime himself. Also, Cyb is not part of "The Unicron Duo" . So ignoring what I said before, it could only be two. Because Cyb has nothing to do with Arm. and En.

Yeah.

15. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

16. MattMoylan

17. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Disclaimer:"This is my own personal opinion on the subject. In no way is to be taken as trying to sway your feelings and or views!!"

Yeah I like Shortpack sometimes but this made me lose what little cred I had towards that strip. But everyone is entitled to there own opinion. :thumb 

18. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

No. I never read shortpacked.

20. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

I can't believe that people need to have the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' explained to them. Moylan (and just about everyone else here) is not commenting on definitive, quantifiable issues, rather only on subjective opinion.

That's why there's contention, kids; if the content of the strip stuck with palpable issues, then it wouldn't have become completely overshadowed by dumb, sophic debate and failed as a source of amusement. He could have commented on anything else; in fact, everybody besides the live-action and Animated Prime just comments on true, unimpeachable factoids regarding the series. Movie-Prime spews a load of BS, but it's balanced BS in that he self-depricates then immediately provides an upshot.

Animated-Prime just infers that the show is cheap and bad, the former being blatantly untrue, regardless of your opinion of the style, and the latter just being hearsay. Here's a newsflash: it doesn't matter what style it is. The show refrains from using stock as much as possible, and eschews CG animation, which has become inexpensive since the days of BW. A lot of skill and money goes into it, and as an artist, I think that Moylan should respect that. If his strip one day parlayed him into a position as a designer on a new Transformers series, I don't think he'd appreciate hearing tons of people griping about how round and stumpy the new characters all are..