Fan Art: LilFormers Ultimate Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 16, 2009.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible to do satire without opinion....

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Really? This is the big news right now? Two genuinely unfunny comic strips battling one another for supremacy of...what exactly? Mediocrity and internet unimportance?

I care nothing for Moylan's opinion, nor do I for Walky's. Both of them create the same thing, internet comics, and that makes them no different from one another, so all of this is silliness with no rhyme or reason.

Both are talented artists.
    Both have a certain style.
    Both are seriously unfunny in their material.

The only reason I read Shortpacked is because it actually has a plot. (Sure it's usually pointless and absolutely silly (not in a funny way, mind you.), but it's a plot.) Lil' Formers does not.

I look at it this way, both artists are going to use their strips as a sounding board for their opinions, and if you want to continue reading them, you're going to have to deal with occasional crap. That's just how it works.

That's why I try not to let their opinions mean jack to me. I mean, afterall, it's a comic on the internet. *shrugs*

I will admit, I'm tired of anti Movie and Animated junk, but people don't like the fact that I hate G1 with a passion. They don't like it, but they have to read it when they read my posts. Same for us reading their comments.

Gonna have to deal, no matter how much we might think it suck.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

To the bickering, all I have to say is Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ.

Keep up to good work Matt, I like your style.

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  5. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

That's complaining? The charcter designs ARE wacky and distorted, that's not even opinion it's just fact.

Show me the strip where I complained that Animated sucked or that the animation was bad. It IS but, I have never done a strip about it before monday.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Uh, no. it's opinion.

Although the animation in Animated isnt always GREAT, it's better than anything the G1 TV show ever threw at us outside some rare well-done transformation scenes, along with most of RID and Armada outside of their stock animation sequences.

You know so little about the show and it's characters that you decided to focus on the animation rather than talk about the character like you did the rest of the primes/primals in the comic, completely breaking the flow and theme of the comic. This singles out Transformers Animated more than anything else in there, and yeah, people are gonna bitch. there's no shortage of stuff to genuinely make fun of with Animated Optimus Prime. He was afraid of spiders. He died earlier in his series than any Optimus Prime ever has or will. He lets a child run around with the power of a GOD. Come on man, there's tons of stuff you could use, and this strip WOULD have been great if you used it.

if you don't know anything about Transformers Animated (and you really don't), you should avoid trying to make jokes about it until you do. hell, read a wikipedia article. watch an episode on youtube. the knowledge is out there.

That's why a lot of people are upset over this.

Please don't just ignore my post like you have been ignoring others, or just casually dismiss it. I'm giving constructive feedback on the strip. hear me out, and respond.

7. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I am such a failure all my topics and posts turn into hate, please could we all just forget that one little animated thing we all get that this wasn't his best work now this is just making everyone look bad.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Oy... is this crap still going on?

No, actually it isn't.

Yeah, but unfortunately, stating the obvious and commentating about the deliberate animated styles will usually violate some rabbid fanboy's sacred cows.

Then you need to rub your eyes and look again.

now that's a good example of an opinion.

Good suggestions... but I think the strip was good any way.

No, I disagree: as long as it's the sacred cow of some fanboy then they'll get upset due to their over-pretectiveness.
    The only real problem I see is the inability of some people to laugh.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    *SNIP* Trolling is NOT tollerated here. Think before you type - Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  10. MattMoylan

Heh no, it's not an opinion. It's the core design principal of the show - wacky and distorted character designs. Whether you love it or hate it, that's the style. Really... have you not seen an episode?

Never compared the animation in Animated to any other TF show. and have never compared it to G1, except in the one strip the collector's club asked me to do about it.

No rule about needing to watch something to make fun of it. I can come up with a million things that suck about Dragonball Evolution, or Street Fighter Legend of Chun-li(I'm sure you an too). Looking at my last few strips, I don't watch Battlestar Galactica, don't play Warhammer, don't read Batman comics. Those fans seem mature enough to accept that. ;) 

300 post long thread dude, can't respond to everyone. And why would I have to respond to anyone? ;) 

11. NoLessThanAGod

NoLessThanAGod Lost in Looserville

News Credits:
    Hey now! Leave Matt alone! His cartoons are great, especially when I delete the things he makes the characters say and I put my own captions in instead. Also, leave Walky alone, he has powers granted to him by satan and can turn a man's soul to ash.

12. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heard Walky ate a kid once.

And I'm sorry, but LilFormers has sucked, sucks now, and will continue to suck for as long as it's made.

Fact or opinion?

You decide.

13. NoLessThanAGod

News Credits:
    Sir I find your claims dubious and question the reliability of your sources.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, that's not the design principal. it's a highly-stylized, dynamic art style.

I know. but it's the only one whose animation you have attacked.

15. NoLessThanAGod

News Credits:
    *high 5s Valkysas* way to stick it to the man!

16. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Wow. Attitude much? You're right, there's a lot of posts to cover and it would be unrealistic to have you respond to each and every one.

As to having to respond to anyone? Well, he specifically asked for your input on his legitimate criticisms. Sure, you don't have to answer him, but you don't have to act prickish about it either.

You need to remember one thing, if there wasn't an audience for your work, you'd have nothing from any of this. (Even then, I'm not sure what it's really doing for you. I don't read the damned thing.)

And you can count me out of your audience. I will not support anyone who treats people like this. There was no reason to be that rude to him, especially when he was one of the only ones to speak to you with respect.

I know my opinion doesn't mean squat to you, but any respect I had for you just went down the drain.

You need a reality check. All it is is a comic that sits online with a small following, and in the big scheme of things...matters nothing.

Humility goes a long way.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed. I am surprised by the number of long-time, reputable posters who have joined into the fray. The longer this goes on, the more clear it becomes (to me, anyway) that those upset about it are upset because it picked on TFA, not because it failed to meet comedic expectations. :lol 

18. NoLessThanAGod

News Credits:
    yah know what does meet comedic expectations?

This thread.

19. MattMoylan

Gotta keep poking the haters every now and then, to keep them talking and keep the thread/situation going. Has been killer all around for traffic. ;) 

EDIT: Not meant to flip anyone's wigs guys. Just trying to lighten things up ;) 

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    **In case anyone hasn't noticed, this thread is in Radicons now. We adhere to both the board rules and our own etiquette. Please click the drop down menu "Radicons Info" and read over this. For all persons in this thread, constructive criticism is permitted and promoted, but being disrespectful to someone and/or their work is not. This is the final warning about this in this thread. Thank you. ~Radicons Staff**