Li'l Red Race Car {Warning: May contain nuts, and Spoilers.}

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kraken, May 16, 2011.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Right people, I'm fed up of seeing threads about whether Skids and Mudflap are in the movie (they're not), or whether Silverbolt is in the movie (he's not), or what characters you'd like to see in the movie (ain't gonna happen) so let's talk about somebody who IS in the movie...

MIRAGE!!!

Yes, Mirage has been all but officially confirmed as being the Ferrari Italia, and from what we've seen from the comics and glimpse from Cannes, he looks awesome and badass, with his invisibility and dual Electro-Disruptor blades (homage ftw).

He also get's killed, quite brutally, by Soundwave.

So what are you hoping to see from Mirage in the film?

Personally, I hope he uses his invisibility to do some serious damage to at least one Con, teams up with Sideswipe for some epic dual sword wielding action, doesn't have too cheesy of an Italian accent, and most importantly that his death actually has an impact on the characters that he interacts with, ie. makes Soundwave into a real bad-ass, and evokes some grief, anger, and bewilderment from his allies.

I really don't want another Jazz situation where the only reaction from his friends was Prime saying 'Awww, Jazz.' as Ratchet showed him his dismembered corpse. I want his death to mean something, and to provide a catalyst for events, rather than be a footnote. The same goes for one of the other characters who dies btw, but I want to just focus on Mirage here.

Oh and please, no rage that HES NOT BLUE LIKE WOT HE WAS IN GEEWUN, RAAAAAAAR!!! Cos that's just gotten old.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Well according to the spoilers which we've already touched upon here, Bee and Sideswipe are both equally Freaked out when they see this. I have no clue where the hell Ratchet went though since he was with Bee, Mirage and Sideswipe before they're captured. I might even be tempted to worry about him dieing.

3. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Mirage is playable in the new DOTM game gaming out in both multiplayer and campaign. Apparently in his jungle level he is the "autobot equivalent of predator" and is described as ninja by multiple people. Cant wait to play that

Also cant wait to see Mirage in action and get my hands on his deluxe toy. Hope its awesome!

After seeing the adaptation scans, theres the scene of Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Mirage taking on the Dreads to protect Sentinel Prime. They use their Stealth Force modes and all, sounds like one hell of a scene. It seems he and Sideswipe are close. As Sideswipe actually yells out "Mirage! No!" when Soundwave takes his head as a trophy. Some likeness to G1 Sunstreaker in that regard I guess

4. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

not expecting much from him. except some sparks maybe.

5. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

G1 is over 20 years old and everyone is comparing the movieverse to it (change is never a good thing for the transformers franchise according to these haters)

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :eek:  not with his awesome new weapon he cant!!!

7. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Prime: Aww Jazz...
    Ratchet: But Optimus, can't we use the cube to restore Jazz, look, his upper half is still somewhat functional. *Points to a slightly functional Jazz*
    Jazz: Yeah, Prime...
    Prime: *smacks Ratchet and snaps Jazz's neck.* Aww Jazz...

:lol 

Jokes aside, I'm hoping for some awesome stealth kills from Mirage!

8. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    who's awesome new weapon?

9. Mirage31

Mirage31 Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see Mirage in all his ninja like glory! and also Soundwave!

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Where can I see these scans?

11. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Why would any one Transformer have "special powers" I mean they are robots right... in disguise. So Mirage being able to turn invisible should be universal, so why should all the Autobots be able to turn invisible. I doubt we will see anything that cool from Mirage, unless the human soldier he is driving around jumps out and uses some super US military super suit to turn invisible and kill Shockwave. That I could believe being in the movie.

12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Even if he wasn't blue in G1, I think a blue repaint of his toy sometime down the line would be pretty cool. But of course I'm biased because blue is my favorite color.

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I've got a feeling that Mirage is going to be my favorite new Autobot character :)  His car looks awesome and I'm glad that they made a lot of homages to his originial nature.

I just hope that his death is super dramatized and not just a passing "Oh he's dead oh no :/" kind of deal. This may actually cause me to hate movieverse Soundwave

14. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Mirage seems like a awesome character,
    too bad he dies when Soundwave pulls a Optimus Prime on him.

15. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I'm excited about Mirage making his movie debut. I especially can't wait to see the Deluxe toy version of him as well.

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Wait, why are people putting spolier caps when the title says "Spoilers"?

Honestly, I'd love to have Mirage go all ninja on the decepticons, but to me, I think he'll turn out to have little more of a role than RotF Sideswipe. A fight scene or two, and a few lines to show off his personality. I mean, I think there's a reason that we haven't yet seen a deluxe/legend toy of him.

17. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to Mirage. I love his design especially his arm blades; they look so badass. I also can't wait to see that scene with Bee and Sideswipe fighting the Dreads.

18. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    To be extra careful, I don't want to be on the receiving end of someone crying i ruined the film for them

To the guy who asked about the scans, I don't know dude as the images have been pulled from TFW since then

19. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

Just like everyone else I don't want him to die like jazz did, or like jetfire did... I want his death to be emotional and shocking, and afterwards just makes you want to run at the screen and flip off soundwave

I just wanna see him do awesome things so that when he does die you'll miss him and cry

And does anyone wanna see a badass fight between mirage and soundwave that mirage does something to make soundwave choose him first and tear his head off?!

20. Sideswipe91

Ebay:
    This. We definitely need to see him do something of worth to make his brutal death mean something.

I wonder why Soundwave chooses him first? Hopefully he does something to antagonise him