lil know transformers facts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by red00wolf, Nov 21, 2007.

1. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

i pretty much wanted to make a fun lil thread about the lil fun facts of curtan transformers, that every body might not know. id like everybody to leave a lil bit of info if they have any.

fun fact 1 . beastwars optimal optimus flight mode is a homage to jet/sky fire with the fast pack he has on and the air guardian jet refrance in the tech specs.

fun fact 2 . in the beast wars show transmetal cheetor was going to have a heart that glowed when ever he did a good deed,they never went along with it though. still the heart is molded on the transmetal cheetor toy.

fun fact 3 . masterpeace optimus prime has a mouth under the face plate!

Now its your turn! ill add more if the threads a hit.

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Where did you get 'fact #2' from? Never heard of that one... I mean, yeah I know he has the molded heart shape, but where'd you get the glowing for a good deed thing from?

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I didnt know my MP Prime had a mouth under the face plate.

4. red00wolf

I think u can find it if u look at cheetors wiki page also i might have heard it in the beast wars dvd extras but i kown its true lol. but if u can disprove any thing i posted go ahead i dont want to be spreding false facts.

5. red00wolf

fun fact #4. The beastwars mutants were modifed versions of animoph transformers that were never reliased.

fun fact #5 The transformers waspinator and tarantulas animation models heads in the beast wars cartoon are based on their toys mutant head designs rather then there actually robot heads.

fun fact #6 Bw megatrons second(the trex)toy was sapposed to have a claw hand to hold his tail wepon, for what ever reason they did not do this, but the idea was reused in the 10th aniversery figure.

fun fact #7 the transmetal 2 figures of megatron and tigerhawk have a cockpit that was origanaly going to house lil drivers to repusent there sparks. the idea was dropped but the repaint of megatron in rid(cryotek)had the spark pilot.

fun fact #8 bruticus from rid was a left over desinge from beastmachines.

Ok so u go ahead and add any uncommon fact u know.:thumb 

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The spark pilot was not present in the US version of Cryotek, but the seat for him was and can be spotted inside his chest. The pilot was in the Japanese version, which is odd, because the pilot is the only known difference between the two.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Well here's something I noticed awhile back that I always thought was cool (I don't know if it's widely known or not):

The two new combiners made for CR/RiD (Build King/Landfill and JRX/Rail Racer) share the same basic component themes as the original Diaclone combiners (Devastator and Raiden). One is made up of construction vehicles, the other is made up of trains.

8. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Curtain transformers? Is this a new line of transforming curtains that i didnt know about? :p 

9. red00wolf

yes sir u are right.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Some of these are pretty well known, but some are not. Fact #5 is pretty obvious.

I like where this thread is going. Though fact #1 is not really true, because then you could say any transformer with a jet pack or flying abilities for that matter are homages to past flying transformers. I like fact #2.

11. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Is fact #2 confirmed? Someone got pics.

12. red00wolf

look at the tech specs it mentions the air gardion tech and look at the overall shape of optimal optimus plus the jet pack/guns its very jet fire to me,however i dont think i can 100% prove it ether. and yeah 5 is a bit obvious but i was pulling out as i went along.

13. red00wolf

Mainframe's original plan for Transmetal Cheetor was to have his face mature over the course of the season, from a big-eared, wide-eyed, rounded face into one close to the toy. Also, he would have had a "Hero's Heart" which glowed after completing brave or heroic feats, somewhat akin to the classic anime character "Astro Boy". Due to time and financial restrictions, none of these concepts panned out. Thankfully.
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Cheetor_(BW)
    its all the way down.

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Here's one... Bruticus from RID was a repaint of a G1 toy. I know, I had the original back in 1986-87, waaaay before beastmachines.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

RiD was mostly made up of repaints. :)  But I guess what's common knowledge to some isn't to everyone.

16. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

what nimber are we on?

--a lot of the original diaclone toys had driver figures with magnetic feet.as such,some g1 tf's like the dinobots and insecticons still had cockpits.

--famous comic artist bill sienkwitz,whose name i have most likely misspelled did the cover to marvel's first issue.

--if i am not mistaken it was a television academy award won by beast wars' "code of hero"

17. SonRay

SonRay Banned

What does this have to do with optimus primes mouth under the face plate?

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I am not trying to pick on you, but your frequent misspellings are a distraction to what is an otherwise great thread. I had to read that particular post four times before I understood it.

My contribution:
    The RID "Car Brothers" are modeled very closely to real life cars.
    Other than the engine protruding from the hood of Sideburn, he is in every regard a Dodge Viper.
    When he was rereleased in the red deco there is a small Viper logo on his front grille and it had the saying "Dodge Viper GT-R" on the package.

To my knowledge, that is the first Transformer toy to have an automobile manufacturer's copyright on it.

19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

During development of the Beast Wars show Primal and Megatron were at one point going to have 4 distinct forms each. Based on their ultra and basic molds robot and beast forms. This was dropped as too expensive but Primal retianed his Batimus Primal forms planned flight ability.

Also Mainframe planned on showing Megs Primal in their Cybertronian forms. Again dropped due to expense but they did get as far planning for Primal to be a monster truck and Megatron to be a "mobile battle base".

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Absolutely nothing, but, you did ask about fact #2. The one about MP Prime having a mouth under the face plate is fact #3, and yes, it was confirmed quite some time ago. As for pictures, I can't help you there as I don't have a MP Prime, though I most likely wouldn't take his head apart just to take photos if I did have him. As for interesting facts about past Transformers, I can't really think of anything people on here wouldn't know, but, here's one. Back in G1, they attempted to make a toy for Unicron, but never did make a production model, just some prototypes.