Likely KO...beware

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Moonstreaker, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    [EBAY]280122331859[/EBAY] Combine the fact that the only TF's he has listed are currently two of the most popular KO's on the market with the fact that he refused to e-mail me a picture of the back of the card. I would say that say there is a 99.99% chance this is a KO. I realise there is a slim chance I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    lol he cant take a picture...ko

3. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    LOL...the guy threatened to report me to eBay Safe Harbor. Because I sent him a reply to his "I can't take pics" response that said "than I can only assume this is a KO since the only TF's you are selling are popular KO's". He also tried to tell me he can't add pics after bids are placed...not true. He can't change the existing ones, but he can add more.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I too inquired about this being a KO. His responses were minimal, first stating "ITS dated 1983 on back" and then followed by this "im gonna end these and relist them with better and more pics tomorrow". He also said yes when I asked if he could confirm these have been owned by someone sometime since the 80's. He's sticking to his guns on this one.

Stay tuned.

5. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    We'll see if he actually relists them.

6. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Reasons to think it's a knockoff:
    * Only selling two TFs, both of which have been KOed
    * Punch tab is unpunched on one of them, so it was never actually put on a hanger thing in a store

Reasons to think it's real:
    * Look at the condition of the Ratbat set. I've never seen a KO Ratbat set in as crappy condition as that one.
    * Some of the stuff he is selling is pretty old, e.g., http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-SPACE-1999-EAGLE-1-WITH-BOX-COMPLETE-RARE-NR_W0QQitemZ280119405276QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know what to think on this one... Are there any tell-tale signs of being a KO on Ravage and Ratbat sets?

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i dont think so, and they do have all the copyright info on the back, its not marked out like SOME of the hong kong specials. but i do belive there differences, but i'd have to hold up a real one to a reissued one. sometimes the only way to tell is to have a barcode reader and to see if it was actually released by hasbro. its how afa tells if something is real or fake now.

8. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Here's a difference:
    http://www.its.caltech.edu/~haoquan/transformers/Ravage_Rumble02.jpg

"OUT A D STRAIGHT DOWN" vs "OUT AND STRAIGHT DOWN"
    This is the same problem that some Frenzy/Laserbeak sets had, which had a Ravage/Rumble back for some strange reason. There are some other tells too.. another letter or two missing in the instructions and weird font thickness variation on the tech spec.

So let's see what the back of the card tells us when he relists the auction :) 

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would pay that for a KO.

10. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Moonstreaker, you were right!! This is definitely a knockoff. I did a little research this morning, and according to Fred's variant site, there are only two version of Ratbat:

1) Silver weapons / stickers for tape details
    2) Gold weapons / painted tape details

The one this seller has, like all the other knockoffs, is a mismatch: silver weapons and painted tape details. Good job identifying these as knockoffs.

11. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
  12. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Also notice the missing "g" too in "(found inside most boxed Transformer packages")

Ravage & Rumble = FAKE

EDIT: I could have sworn the auction originally said "Original" but now it says "Re Issue"....
    EDIT #2: I had an unrefreshed tab open with the original listing titles and it did initially read Original. What a d-bag.

13. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Interesting that he is still calling the Ratbat set an original. Either he is a con artist or he has no idea what he's selling. Judging by the ridiculous extra wear on the Ratbat set, I'm guessing the former.

14. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Well-Known Member

He's calling this set a Reissue instead of a KO. The word Reissue sounds better than KO so perhaps that's why he choosed that. Also there is few information about the authenticity of the item, better said, no information that it's a fake at all.

As long as a seller says it's a KO instead of calling it vintage or Reissue and if it's priced well, than it's fair. :wink: 

15. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

At least they're cheap. :) 

16. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Ratbat is already up to $26. So they may not be cheap for long.

17. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    I just think it's funny that in the first reponse to my questions he got indignent. His response was something along the lines of "how dare I suggest a seller with such high feedback would try to pass off KO's".

18. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Hehe. His response to me was very polite when I told him his Ratbat set were knockoffs (though, I did tell him exactly how you could tell they were knockoffs):

"ALRIGHT, THANKS FOR THE INFO, YOU WOULD THINK IF THEY MADE REPOS, THEY WOULD AT LEAST MAKE THEM WITH THE CURRENT DATE, THANKS AGAIN ALLCSINC"

....But he STILL hasn't clarified in the auction that they are knockoffs. Con artist.