"Like having bad sex with Optimus Prime."

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by myrrh, Jan 18, 2019.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...clearly the late show's researchers are unfamiliar with sunstreaker; this is what the bay franchise has wrought upon us all...

2. MetalkingRazor

MetalkingRazor Well-Known Member

At least it isn’t the constant jokes from comedians that has the punchline usually being about people calling them bad films. Like I know the TF films have problems, but it’s beating and mutilating a dead horse with how much people bash on them and there are so many times you can joke about that before it gets boring. There’s stuff I don’t like or hate, but I don’t constantly bash at what I don’t like. It’s a waste of energy better used for something else. They should make fun of other stuff. Even if it doesn’t entirely make sense. Like make fun of Mark Walburg and reference stuff both in and outside of TF. Or make references to characters having sex.

And this is coming from someone who likes Colbert and his show, but I have my criticisms of him. No one’s perfect. And he has at least once or twice did similar jokes to what I am talking about. I usually cringe and move on because most jokes are funny, but not every joke is gonna make people laugh.

3. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...well, my point is that a black-and-yellow lamborghini with a penchant for sensuality should be a fairly obvious character choice, would be a fairly obvious character choice, but clearly has been supplanted in the zeitgeist by bay's live-action franchise, even among writers who typically don't hesitate to pepper their material with deeply-esoteric geek-culture references...

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As if anyone outside of the fandom even knows who Sunstreaker is.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MetalkingRazor

MetalkingRazor Well-Known Member

Would have been nice if Sunstreaker was referenced instead. But not many people who mainly or only know the TF movies and don’t dive deeper into the Transformers fandom know who Sunstreaker is, @myrrh. From what I have seen of Colbert, I doesn’t know much of TF besides the films and you have a better chance seeing him geek out over the Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The joke gets made about Bumblebee, or the joke doesn't get made at all, because nobody would get it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

*When a normie makes jokes about Transformers and only knows 2 of the characters in the franchise*

If you are gonna make a joke about a franchise look into it and do research. Most people outside of Transformers don't even know who Sunstreaker is. That's my problem with Transformers is that they are recognized for the movies that give them no character. People will know Drift as "that samurai Transformer" or Hound as "That fat one who talks shit"

But hey name the second most iconic Transformers character. If Sunstreaker was mentioned instead I doubt people will laugh cause they are unfamiliar with the characters. Maybe 5 or 6 people will get it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  8. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's a pretty good script jokes but then again he's always pretty funny anyway.