Lightboxes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lunar_Convoy, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

I keep seeing threads with people posing their Figures in either hilarious situations or bad ass poses. I also hear they use something called a "lightbox" how do I get/build one myself cause I myself would like to show off my figs

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  3. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

They sell kits on eBay for various sizes/prices. I got one at Walmart for $40 but I haven't cracked it open yet.

4. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked up the walmart lightbox too, that was the easy part. My issue is lighting. I swear I went thru almost $70 worth of light bulbs, and never found one that gave me nice WHITE light. All my pics turned out yellow messes. I did s much post-processing as I could, but never could fix the yellow without messing up my subjects color too...(although I'm admittedly a newb at this)

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

If you want to diy...here is a link that I got from a thread on this site...don't remember whom posted it but I saved the link for when I'm ready to build mine...

So credit to the person posting this long ago...

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

6. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Did you adjust the white balance on your camera before taking pictures? You'll get better results if you do that first if using the "Auto Levels" function in Photoshop during post-processing.

If you haven't found that white light you're looking for, try LED spotlights. I use them, and they produce a very cool (color temperature and neato factor), white light. They're expensive, though.

I also have the Walmart lightbox kit, and I think it's fantastic for what I use it for, athough I've been told it's complete crap and a waste of money.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I was planning on getting/making a lightbox, until I found out that this:

[​IMG]

could give me results like this, with no post-photo adjustments:

[​IMG]

*edit* oh yeah, and the camera's a point and shoot. I just set it on a tripod, adjust the shutter speed, and let it do its thing.