Heavy/Scratch: Light Ejectoid Minions: Eject and Rewind

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Wow, am i glad this is over. Just like with Fremble, I've finally reached the end of the Ejectoid project, and i'm quite happy with how this guy turned out. The new shoulder armor has been emblazoned with the Eject symbol, he's got new guns which are inspired by the G1 design, and he's now able to store his gun on his back when he's not blasting Decepticons!

(Eject on Shapeways)
    You can buy Rewind v7 on my Shapeways Shop. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(apologies for the bad paintwork, i know i need to work on that! :lol )

Here's the link to Fremble in case anyone's interested! :) 

EDIT: Light Minion Rewind finally made its way to my alternity!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Looks nice. How are the joints?

3. Treadshot A1

The joint system was perfected with v4 of Fremble, and this was designed after Fremble v7. So the joints are now sturdy as anything, while still offering a lot of articulation. Plus, the weapons were designed to be lightweight, to reduce stress on the shoulder ball joint, which is further reinforced by a two-way compression system using the shoulder armour.

So yeah, joints should be fine, my seven units of Eject, Fremble and the animals all came out fine. :) 

4. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    You wash your stuff before you put it together, right? It seems like stray SLS powder could act as both a "lubricant" and a grinding material that would make the joints wear down really fast.

I suppose with things like super glue and future floors it's not that big of an issue, but still...

5. Treadshot A1

I don't get why you're asking me this stuff. I've been using the Shapeways service for years, and as this was ordered in dyed (black) s&f, not only is the residual powder a small issue, it was already removed before or during the dye bath. If you see something that worrying you, then point it out. Right now, I don't get what you're trying to get at, aside from interrogating me? [/confused]

6. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    I've ordered my LOA prototypes and I'm looking to your stuff to see any hurdles I may run into once I receive it.

You have experience that I do not, it seems pretty self explanatory why I'd be asking you stuff that might help to prevent me from making a mistake and wasting my money and time.

If you don't want to answer any questions I may have, that's fine, just let me know and I'll hush up.

7. Treadshot A1

That's fine bro, I was just wondering, moreso I was worried you might have spotted a flaw in Eject I hadn't, but was being too kind to mention it in this thread. Sorry for the confusion. Judging by your LOA, you should have far more experience than me... :lol 

8. Treadshot A1