Light boxes/photo boxes, I want nice pics of my T-Formers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, Jul 7, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

So being a horrible picture taker, I noticed while taking pics for my latest sales thread how even using a few white box tops made the figures look 100% better even with a plain jane camera and garage lighting.

I have 3 pieces of white poster board I picked up with the intent to make a light box for photos.

Anyone care to share their simple light boxes and photo boxes they use to photographs their figures? Or barring that other easy ways to make photo life easier?

I need something that can be stored easily out of the way, so no elaborate room size projects, trying to keep it simple and clean. Want more ideas to make my own cheaply hopefully

2. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are lots of great cheap ideas if you just google lightbox. Or you can buy pretty cheap ones on eBay that come with different colored backgrounds and its own lights.

If youre looking for the cheapest though get a large box a cheap white sheet and desk lamps.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I eventually broke down and just bought a collapsable light box on ebay. They're pretty cheap and less hassle than home made.

Something like this: 19.5" Photo Tent Studio Tripod Light Photography Box | eBay

Grab some white poster sheet or something for the backdrop, set a custom white balance on your camera, and you should be good to go.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Thanks Jarod! :D 

6. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

hmmmm

I see I can also stick my head in it and not be depressed when I'm not taking pictures as well :) 

Literally take a box, give it all white sides and a chunk of fabric and instant light box.....

I think I'm gonna MacGyver it