Life 2.0, or Second Life?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigertrack, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Anybody play this virtual world game? Is it fun?

2. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

I played Second Life one time. I made a horrible looking fat man with long ape arms and ran around talking to people in a stupid voice. I could fly too. It was weird. What was even weirder is that his animation was like a woman's, so he acted all dainty even though he was fat and horrible.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Same here. I tried it once out of curiosity. I do however know a bit about it, due to articles and stories from various users. These are the main things to know about Second Life.

It is NOT a game. At it's core, it is basically the fanciest chat room in the world.

If you do not plan on investing a significant amount of time and effort on it, don't even bother. It's going to take you a hell of a long time just to make a decent avatar.

It is not not user friendly by any means. You have nearly unlimited freedom of customization, but the trade of is that it's incredibly complicated to do anything other than simply moving around and talking to people.

It's disturbing. This covers a lot, actually. Not surprisingly, there are plenty of crazy people. Unfortunately it doesn't end there. Due to the nature of SL, you also get to see their crazy ideas given form. It can be mildly strange in the general zones, but I would highly suggest never venturing into the adult zones. It can get pretty horrifying.

In closing, stay away. Stay far away.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Thanks for the advice. I was curious about it cause I was watching a documentary about it just the other day. It looked interesting, but at the same time looked completely boring.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, it is somewhat interesting, but the time and effort required to do any of the interesting stuff is ridiculous.