Licensed Cars No Longer Restricted to Movie Lines?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Noticed something today.

Someone said before that the reason Hasbro never uses movie 'bots outside of a Movie line is because of the licensed cars and such.

And yet, we're getting a repaint of Mercedes based Soundwave in the Cyberverse Prime line.

Has Hasbro lifted the restriction on themselves and decided to just use them anyway? Is there still hope Soundwave, Que and Leadfoot will see a release again at some point in the future?

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cyberverse Soundwave toy is NOT part of Prime. Check the package. The Soundwave, Mirage and Evac toys just say "Transformers" not "Transformers Prime", becuse they seem to just be late members of the DOTM Cyberverse line.

The Resource section of this site put them in with Prime toys, but Hasbro clearly removed PRIME from the package because they are not part of the Prime continuity.

Attached Files:

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Do we know if this is what's going to happen to Deluxe Evac? I was really looking forward to that figure...

4. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I think some had speculated that it might be an Asia-exclusive release (like others in the Movie trilogy line). Whether this is actually fact, I don't know.

Bit off topic.. but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Evac and other of the movie Asian exclusives pitch up in the Generations line, at some point. Generations was said from the very start to potentially include toys from all eras and series of TFs. While it's been fairly G1-homaging so far, I suspect the forthcoming continuation of the line may prove to be a bit more wide-ranging, up to and including the Movieverse; the ideal place to package some of Hasbro's recent problem children.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Maybe they can take the design and create a new version with the Prime look for the toy series. But yeah, I really wanted that one.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Evac is a UNIVERSAL Studios exclusive I think.

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Interesting! That's the first I've ever seen the packaged shots, so I was still under the assumption that they were Prime Cyberverse.

But still, Cyberverse isn't a movie exclusive line, so that could mean now that Hasbro is able to used licensed vehicles for normal use. Perhaps this does mean they will show up in Generations at some point.

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Cliffjumper is an impala....

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

There's been no confirmation on the subject.

*Challenger

10. snoopcow

snoopcow Yaranaika?

takara evac is asia exclusive as is some potential leader and voyagers from movie trilogy.

hasbro evac is universal theme park exclusive and is much cheaper, and same quality wise as the takara one.

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper is different ENOUGH from a Challenger that he doesn't need a trademark, similar to a lot of the CHUG line.

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    I could be wrong but I thought I heard that the Robots in Disguise and Cyberverse lines were going to span the various universes and not just PRIME so seeing a movie mold in either would not be out of the question.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Soundwave looks completely different from the pictures I've seen:
    DSC_0018.jpg

Probably just lighting, but DAMN it makes a different. In package he looks black and purple and in the TFCC pics, he looks blue and... well, blue.

14. J2DK

J2DK Fan

In the picture you posted, it looks like a G1 homage repaint.

15. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i think the DELUXE EVAC is a universal exlusive!!!!!!!! just look at it for a sec.we have confirmation that the toys is coming out! with the toy we saw the box art not to long ago!plus at the toyfair2012(what ever it was) their were spiting the deluxe and the cyberverse up! cyberverse to prime line and deluxe to universal exlusive(check out the link):Autobot Evac Prototype - Transformers News - TFW2005 if you go on there there is pics! of deluxe and confirmation on the toy!

16. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Now only if they would sneak Leadfoot , Que , Soundwave , White Ratchet , and the Bumblebee retool into the Prime cases and I will be a happy camper!