LianToys Darkness Emperor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by process, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of me agrees with you about them all making the same things, but I can't say choice is ever a bad thing.

Hegemon this are a good example. Those who have Hegemon are saying mostly positive, or very positive things, so it seems we now have a good, and accurate version of G1 Megatron to fit in with classics, but of course this could always be better, but it would have to be quite a lot better, and uniqe from Hegemon for me to spend 3rd party prices on another Megatron in roughly the same scale

Since hegemon is out first, and by the looks of the teaser, Lian's will be very similar, will there be enough people interested in buying something so much like something they already have? I would rather have them working on a different character, Galvatron, a better classics Hot Rod, Blitzwing, ect.

It states that this one will be about 3cm taller than Hegemon, that makes him too large to pair with classics Optimus for my taste, but this might match Faith Leader well.

2. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I just ordered Hegemon :( 

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a see-through, blueprint-y Megatron, like Megatron in mid-format by Unicron from the '86 movie. He can have an internal LED and all that for uber-fancy lighting effects!

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's different from TT because I know TT will actually come out with the product at a fairly quick pace with most likely good quality.

This is a third party I have no clue about releasing some random-ass silhouette. I remember seeing a bunch of silhouettes last year and no follow ups about them up until now. Remember this?

[​IMG]

Sure has been a lot of info about that so far!

Doesn't help that this a character that (a), another third party has already done just recently, and (b) a character that Takara will likely remake (assuming toy gun laws over there aren't much harsher than before)

Put all that into the equation and it makes me just not excited about this. At all. Until I see something physical at the very least.

4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ Will just have to wait and see. If no toy gets released, then I guess I just saved a bunch of money. If it does get released, well, I've waited this long and I'm fairly patient (I've waited this long for PP05).

I don't really care that it's a character that's already been done. I care about a character whose toy is being done right. And as others have already said, more choices, more options, is always a good thing. No one's holding a (P-38) gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy anything. XD

5. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have to agree with you on that one. At this point I think if your company hasnt put out a figure you better be showing off a gray prototype or go home. Hell I can go draw a silhouette of Nova Prime for you all and tell you its coming soon from HappyFunToyWorld someday but why should anyone care. Even those who have prototypes arent for sure going to be made but at least you know they are more serious about it and have put some work into the project already. Leave the teasers to those companies with a proven track record.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    +1

Sadly, they know they can do it because this fandom in particular has consistently proven over & over again that they'll get excited about *anything* based on nothing more than an outline of a robot, even it's delivered from some completely brand new out of the blue "company" that is, as always, buried like ticks somewhere in China with absolutely zero track record or real identity.

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Can I get a third party Voyager Classicsverse Galvatron please?

8. Acidophilus

News Credits:
    Yeah, ideally I would like them to cancel this, one more 3rd party Megatron, and make a Galvatron instead. Since incredibly no one has made a replacement for the lacking Universe one yet It would almost certainly sell better than another version of G1 Megatron.

I know I would definitely be much more excited if the silhouette was that of Galvatron.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, the silhouette's and shitty drawings that don't pan out for the most part are getting old.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I may keep my eye on this one then as I want a Megatron to go with Faith Leader.

11. Acidophilus

News Credits:
    According to the teaser it would be about 2 cm taller. That would be perfect in my opinion.

12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Yeah, that'd work just right! :thumb 

13. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

The more Megatrons the merrier. Faith Leader is my classics Prime so this is very interesting news. :thumbs2: 

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If someone wants to do a Megatron, do IDW stealth Megatron. That is the only way I'll get a 3rd party Megatron.

15. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    This seemed appropriate. XD

[​IMG]

16. TheMarkSewell

TheMarkSewell Honorary Wrecker

I'm still unconvinced this actually exists. There's no website or Facebook or anything for LianToys anywhere, just that one thread on /toy/, and this teaser is something you could whip up in about 5 minutes, so it's not far-fetched to me that it would be someone just fucking around.

17. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ Judging by TCracker's reaction (a known/reputable HasTak insider), I'd say there's more going on with this not-Megs than meets the eye. Just have to wait and see.

18. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSS! Your so absolutely right! I just ignore a lot of post and rarely respond because most people are just naturaly unsatisfied complainers. Most of which probably won't even buy it brand new anyway or just can't!

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That is not the case at all. It's just really silly that there is another 3rd party G1 Megatron in the works, when there's already one about to come out. It's ridiculous that this keeps happening. The 3rd party groups need to stop going right for the blatantly obvious, and be more creative with their character selection.

20. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ Or.... the 3Ps can keep doing what they're doing because the more choices that we the consumers have, the better. I for one couldn't care less about a Galvatron figure (never liked the character; nothing about his design or personality interests me aside from the fact that he killed Starscream, my favorite character, in the animated movie). But an MP-level Megatron whose alt mode isn't complete shit (sorry Hegemon), and whose toy is in scale with PP01 Faith Leader, the MP Seeker mold, and MP Grimlock (again, neither Hegemon, nor CHUG/MP-05 measure up)? Hell, sign me up!