LG-58 Clone Bot Set, LG-59 Blitzwing and LG-60 Overlord

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Well-Known Member

Truth, Gen Blitzy was absolute crap.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say, the possible precedent here is Takara glued the legs shut on Fort Max...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    If you're going by play feature, the Hasbro version is better, because you can use the upcoming prime masters in it. Deco wise it's up to personal preference. To me the Takara version is best because we get two titan masters and he still has the look of the powermasters in his chest. I don't need it to have any more playability.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Bearer of the Dead Matrix

YouTube:
    Again, I have to agree with you. The playability is important to some, but for me I'll just be transforming him back and forth individually. That's the main reason I like transformers: they're cool 3D puzzles! I don't need them to interact on a gimmicky level; I never swap the heads around on my g1 headmasters. The fact that I don't care about the gimmick loss on Overlord is one of the main reasons I'm getting this dude. That, and I'm a sucker for anything Masterforce/godmaster:D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

I've watched all of them. I simply don't care for them. I'm solely into Western G1, unapologetically. G1 and BW/BM. Nothing else has ever resonated with or appealed to me, personally. Except for a few video games.

Can't get into IDW either. And I've tried, believe me.

Beyond that... it's all headcanon for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I'd be down for a Quint BAF. What would be really cool is if the faces were Titan Masters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    I cant get in to any of the Japanese series. Just doesnt translate well to my Americanized brain. I do enjoy a bit of IDW though. Part of me wishes that instead of Bayformers, we got animated movies telling IDW storylines. "The Origin of Megatron" seems like a great jumping off point

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime of Shadows

YouTube:
    Well all I can say for you guys is you're missing out:rolleyes:  This Overlord is all about Masterforce. The good news is, Blitzwing should appeal to you greatly, AnonymousDwell:D 

9. AnonymousDwell

Not trying to debate, but... I can't miss out on something I've tried and simply don't enjoy or resonate with.

This Overlord will serve a role in my headcanon, and because he agrees with "the rule of cool" just like Star Saber for me lol. It's an awesome design that I love the aesthetic of, and the play feature of (I'm a sucker for things that turn into multiple things and are sort of modular lol. For instance, I loved G2 Dreadwing for that reason, and I loved Micromaster bases.)

We all like different things. That's not a sign of any deficiency of taste or missing out on something. It's just a manifestation of difference and subjectivity. I don't tell people who don't like what I like that they're missing out. I just say, "Ah, cool. Not for you, that's fine. I'm glad you have things you love, too."

Just like the Bay films. I can't stand them personally... but I'm happy they exist, because they make millions of people happy and fulfill a fictional need for those people. Likewise with Japanese G1 continuity. It's just not for me personally.

As for Blitzwing, I'm hapy with the Hasbro version in that case. :D 

Rock on. Do your own thing and I will do likewise.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Prime of Shadows

YouTube:
    Hey man I wasn't trying to argue or anything. Like you said, you do your thing and I'll do mine. I was just trying to make a joke:) (perhaps in bad taste)

Incidentally, I'm also a big fan of bases and modular stuff. You should see my micromaster city.

Anyway, we may have gotten off-topic in the thread:D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnonymousDwell

12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the end of the day, I want an Overlord in my collection. The Legends version is the closest to what I have in mind, even if the open chest thing is a little too faithful to the original G1 toy for my taste.

If I do manage to get hold of the TR one, I'll repurpose him as another character. I wonder how he'll look with the Mega face (Hey, Mr Ginrai, don't look so smug 'cos of your fancy Godbomber outfit. Wait till you see the missus's new accessory.).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lord Jinnai

Lord Jinnai Well-Known Member

Guys you have totally sold me on the Takara Legends Overlord. I love Masterforce to bits and this is the way to go. Do we see Takara re-releasing this guy down the road with chrome like the upcoming God Ginrai Box Set and maybe the added God Master Engines - I would be inclined to say yes after the POTP line has been out a while in the states.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I don't really care about head boobs so the remolding doesn't bother me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Japan still needs to release Wilder. What Legends size figures do they still need to release? Seaspray? It seems odd to leave out a single Headmaster Jr especially when Hasbro has already done his US version. Maybe we'll get a surprise and they'll retool Doublecross into Wilder and they'll release the little Fangry with it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Only ones I can think of are Rumble, Seaspray, and Buzzsaw. Don't really think Takara would pack Wilder with Seaspray. That would go against the theme they've already set up with their legends scaled releases. Really doubt Buzzsaw is getting a release considering how Laserbeak is still rather easy to find even at places like HLJ. So that just leaves Rumble, unless they just flat out don't release Wilder period. Still possible Takara might release him at a later date with one of the POTP legends. Worse case scenario you have another Cab/Minerva situations only with Overlord.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see Takara doing blue Rumble/Frenzy, easy seller since Hasbro just completely ignored doing it. Hopefully Takara would be more likely to use the cartoon's purple-ish (or whatever color the animation design is) color scheme to leave a door open for Hasbro to do him in toy colors eventually. Rant about Hasbro lecturing us about repaints being important to have repaints to help pay for new toy designs while never repainting a bunch of molds (say TR Wheelie, Gnaw, Kickback, probably Seaspray, a few deluxe molds....) or not offering us ones some fans actually want (blue Rumble/Frenzy, Nemesis Prime from voyager Optimus..).

It is kinda odd that Takara haven't used any of the Titanmaster accessories from Hasbro's wave 3 (Sawback, Ptero, Fangry), but already show plans to use Shuffler and Repugnus accessories. Maybe some of these will come with whatever use they get out of Topsin & Twin Twist (in those Salt or Robot man decos so they don't look too similar to the Hasbro versions). Can TR Windblade even hold a standard 5mm weapon (or TM weapon) with those weird hands? I haven't even seen the figure yet on shelves so I have no idea (and no, I don't care enough to pay online mark-up on the figure, I can wait for it to hit locally or skip it).

+-MWG-+

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They could do an Autobot Clouder with Seaspray, and then yeah, another Decepticon cassette with Wilder. Or maybe an Insecticon rerelease!

• Like Like x 2
  19. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But clouder already comes with kickback and he only had one master figure unlike overlord

20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    But they could do one to represent his good side.

• Like Like x 1