LG-58 Clone Bot Set, LG-59 Blitzwing and LG-60 Overlord

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Aug 3, 2017.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im hoping tonight honestly but would settle for tomorrow evening. They've had a bad habit lately of drawing things out lately

• Like Like x 1
  2. stad

stad Well-Known Member

True, but it's Tuesday. I think people were expecting them on Monday. I'll be surprised if they show up this week at all, myself, but I know nothing of the nuances on how quickly pics appear for Takara's offerings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    They usually leak during the first days of a month and then we get pictures the week after.

The last wave leaked July 4th and we got the pictures on July 11th. June was a bit different because Tokyo Toy Show, but May also had a similar vibe, the listings leaked on the 9th and the pictures followed on the 14th.

So I think it’s likely that we see the pictures for the Clone Bot Set, Blitzwing and Overlord sometime this week.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    It will be interesting to see how they improve upon the clones and how they approach them. Weapons would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Pics please!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Yeah... would be the polite thing to do for the sum of money I already paid for lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. PresidentialConvoy

PresidentialConvoy Active Member

doesnt look that bad if they would extend the knees/ lower part.

Picture2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

he looks better

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I don't think he needs to be taller, it’s not a perfect scale with God Ginrai but this is the main line, not MP. The Clones are the same size as Galvatron in the Headmasters anime who is at a similar height as Sixshot, yet all of them end up in different size classes.

Just give him Giga and Mega as Headmasters but with engine blocks on their backs instead of faces so that they can be "proper" Godmasters who sit in Overlord’s chest, give him a new non-Headmaster head and make the guns in his stomach able to flip-out. That's all TR Overlord needs to be a perfect G1 update, and he still retains functionality with the other figures in the line as you can give them engine block heads for fun or store Titanmasters in the chest cavities.

I really hope Takara delivers, because just giving him Giga and Mega as Headmasters and retooling only the helmet would be too little IMO, they have the chance to go all the way here.

• Like Like x 5
  10. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think that we'll be getting a new Headmaster in addition to Giga and Mega. I feel like if they really were going to do that, or even had the capability to do it, they would have with Sixshot. Instead they retooled the helmet and gave him a completely unique Headmaster. Going by that precedent, I imagine the same will happen with Overlord. Of course, like Sixshot, the Headmaster gimmick is entirely ignorable, so there really is nothing to be gained from removing the gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PresidentialConvoy

PresidentialConvoy Active Member

there will always be upgrades.. maybe w/ Perfect Effect if Takara doesnt deliver.. (hopefully..)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PICS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking that a longer tank mode would help increase his height. Takara have already proven they're not averse to throwing in a bit more plastic if it suits them.

Going by Legends Ginrai, they could retool the chest to give the impression of having the Giga and Mega engine blocks attached, and include two Headmasters to represent the characters.

Of course, this apparently being the last Leader for this particular line before Power of the Primes, I'd prefer them to go for Darkstone's suggestion, as well as giving him a longer tank mode for increased height.

I mean they could pretty much swap a Prime Master's matrix for an engine pretty easily (I'm assuming a Prime Master's tooling is a bit different from a Titan Masters to allow them to connect the way they do)..

• Like Like x 1
  14. shamanking282

News Credits:
    Oh, I should elaborate: I think Legends Overlord will be coming with 3 little dudes. Giga and Mega (basically Titanmasters with engines instead of faces on their backs), and a third Headmaster (probably a brand new body and face, like Sixshot got).

15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess they could do that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I think a third Titanmaster would be redundant if they already include Giga and Mega, those are your little dudes which sit in the cockpits of the vehicles and interact with the base, what would you need a third one for? Aside from forming the face of Overlord. Of course, you could always leave him in there but then I would ask myself why he even is a Titanmaster.

With Sixshot the story is a bit different, if they would've removed the Titanmaster and somehow filled up the wolf head you would have no little dude who pilots the vehicle modes or interacts with the other figures who share the gimmick. If you retool Overlord to have a normal head you still have Giga and Mega as Powermasters with compatible Titanmaster joints, so those can still interact with every other Titanmaster-gimmick figure.

Realistically speaking I could see them including Giga and Mega as two Titanmasters with different facial expressions for Overlord and then you choose which one you want and the other goes into the chest. Which isn’t bad, but that way the chest is always kinda incomplete unless you get another Titanmaster who doesn't belong there.

17. shamanking282

News Credits:
    I didn't think about the cockpit part. That definitely makes me lean more toward 2 Godmasters, but I think then that Overlord will have a completely de-headmastered head. Takara wouldn't have there only be one Godmaster at a time. I'm not even sure there are any moments in Masterforce where Overlord only has one of them while in bot mode. Pretty sure they're both always there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
  19. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Oh crap, Overlord is bigger! Good job Takara. Can't make out the head too well though. Also Blitzwing looks cool so far, and so do the Autobot Clones!

EDIT: Wait, looks like the feet are just transformed differently? Like the heel spurs are just pointed down, is this the configuration people talked about earlier on how you can make him bigger already? Looks like the feet come down more though.

Overlord looks cool, love the colors. I would like to see what’s going on with the chest and the head though :lol 

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I don't think Overlord is really any bigger... looks to me just like they mistransformed the feet to give him another inch or two, which you can do on the stock mold.

• Like Like x 5