Fan Art: Lettering Program

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by CryoPrime, Jun 9, 2008.

1. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Hey, I'm working on a Fan comic Called TF: Apocalypse along with Ironhide2005 and I need to do the lettering for the pages since I finished drawing and coloring them, and I was wondering what would be the best program to do this in??

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm... I know it's doable in photoshop and you can just download some free fonts that will make for the sound effect letters.

I, however, don't know for sure. Although I do know that when I had to put the letters on the pages for the Botcon comic preview a few years ago they were in .tif format all on one layer at 300 dpi.

3. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I don't know what that means. I'm really kinda' new to the whole digital art thing.

4. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I actually figured it out I think. thanks

5. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

While CryoPrime may have figured it out, I'd rather not start a new thread, but how can you make decent looking word balloons for a comic, and get them to fit the words easily. And, since I'm new at this, which file works to save it into? I can't tell the difference between em all.

6. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I saved it as a Tiff file like Drew said, then in photoshop I made the boxes/bubbles with the shape tools. I still have yet to figure out how to make the links that tell you whos talking. Also does anyone have hints on how and where to place SoundFX ??