Letter to the Moviemakers, "Voice of the Fans" VOTE.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Janeails22x, Jan 7, 2010.

?

What should be fixed/changed to make TF3 better?

1. Less meaningless, nameless, protoform/clone robots. Less is more.

88 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Tie off glaringly obvious character loose ends.

81 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. Kill off a main, carryover human character (Mikaela, Leo, Simmons, Parents, Epps, Lennox)

41 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Characterization, DIALOG. More Transformer banter and discussion.

154 vote(s)
    78.6%
  5. LESS human involvement in the film.

73 vote(s)
    37.2%
  6. LESS Fighting, MORE psychological combat/warfare.

22 vote(s)
    11.2%
  7. Show a resistance to leadership, not just opposition to a cause. Show fighting within a faction.

55 vote(s)
    28.1%
  8. No Unicron! Keep things "realistic" and "plausible"

66 vote(s)
    33.7%
  9. Yes Unicron! Pfft! "Believability"? Give us transforming PLANETS!

32 vote(s)
    16.3%
  10. Less Military focus.

51 vote(s)
    26.0%
  11. Less childish "comic relief". It's more painful than relief.

120 vote(s)
    61.2%
  12. Steadier camera work, wider shots.

79 vote(s)
    40.3%
  13. More "transformation" sequences, both to and from alt modes.

90 vote(s)
    45.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Hello, Fellow TF fans.

I am planning to compose a professional letter that serves as the "voice of the fans" to several Paramount figureheads, Hasbro influentials, and film production personnel (including Mr. Bay and Mr. Speilberg as the "biggies"). I would like to express both our extreme gratification for bringing Transformers to the big screen, as well as provide insightful feedback regarding the first two films and justly, how to address it in TF3, all in one place. Sure, I'm am clearly aware that many film employees are trolling the internet for feedback and they are finding tons of information. However, I would like to provide a democratic opportunity for data collection to the TF community in an effort to provide data, numbers, and trends that show what fans really would like to see out of the series without compromising it for the general viewing public. In fact, many of the options I have listed can only enhance the viewing experience from the rookie population. I kept them somewhat generalized with suggestive solutions. Issues like "Better Writing" is too general of a request without clear means of solution.

I have looked through many different threads and web sites and have gathered what appears to be the most common battleground topics/nitpicks of discussion/agreement amongst the TF community as well as the general public outside of the most obvious like "better writing", or of course, Michael Bay. Like him, love him, or despise him, he IS directing Transformers 3. There is no getting around it. Moving Michael Bay will be more difficult than any of us could comprehend right now. However, nudging our collective voice for things that are not that difficult to incorporate (being that the film has not been scripted officially, yet) may prove to be a little more effective.

So with that said, please vote for one of the options I have listed above (TRY to limit your selections to 3 or less. I'm not going to police it, but try). Vague "Replace Michael Bay" or "Better Writing" write-in votes will not be counted. If I am missing a HUGE one in my limit-13 poll choices that seems to pop up a bunch in discussion, I will do my best to objectively collect the opinions and tally them up. I will take the top 3-5 vote getters and draft these into my letter. I will then write it, and post it here (and other sites) for your critique and input. It will be kind-spirited and professional. No need for negative attacks and hate. More bees with flowers and honey. It may not count for much, but I would like to try.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully something comes out of it in the film. If not, then we will at least learn which the hottest and most important buttons are with everyone for TF3.

Cheers,

Dave (Janeails22x)

1.) Less meaningless, nameless, protoform/clone robots. Less is more in movieverse. More dialog for key/all robot characters. More depth and connection to the overall cause.

2.) Tie off glaringly obvious character loose ends. Provide a passing camera shot, a sentence, or nugget that tells us "what the hell happened to them". Example: Barricade, Twins, Wheelie, etc.

3.) Kill off a main, carryover human character (Mikaela, Leo, Simmons, Parents, Epps, Lennox) to give more emotional depth/attachment to the humans and subsequently the Autobot cause.

4.) Characterization, DIALOG. More Transformer banter and discussion. No more "storytime" from Transformer to Human or one liners. Utilize Vehicle hologram drivers for "personalization" during Alt Mode discussions.

5.) LESS human involvement in the film. They add no value to the underlying theme, "the survival/continuance of the autonomous robotic race".

6.) LESS Fighting, MORE psychological combat/warfare. Show us that Megatron is a mastermind of evil rather than a brute. He lost twice using force. Show us something new.

7.) Show a resistance to leadership, not just opposition to a cause. Show fighting within a faction. Example: Have Starscream rise up and quit being a pansy.

8.) No Unicron! Keep things "realistic" and "plausible", if there is such a thing in a world where cars are Giant Fighting Robots from another planet.

9.) Yes Unicron! Pfft! "Believability"? Give us transforming PLANETS!

10.) Less Military focus.

11.) Less childish "comic relief". It's more painful than relief. Kung Fu Panda is a great movie for all ages…and no one acts or talks like the Twins. Kill them off, or write them out.

12.) Steadier camera work, wider shots.

13.) More "transformation" sequences, both to and from alt modes. Fighting is great, but "trasforming" is the true spectacle and wonder of the brand.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Voted for 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,13

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    "Voice of the Fans"? Pfft......more like "We Want Fan-Service!"

4. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be surprised if you even get a response.
    Nothing's saying you can't try, thought.
    Kudos's to you for taking the initiave.

5. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    I know, but I will have fun doing it. It will be interesting for my own knowledge to see which of these non-Bay topics really takes the cake.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    good thread, I voted for 4,8,11 & 13, & I'm also glad that characterization is a major focus for the film, this is where more attention should be directed.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

voted 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    Good luck with the letter; though honestly I doubt it will do much good. But you can always try.

8. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    Thanks for voting!

I know chances are SLIM, but we have a black president now, and if he didn't try, he wouldn't be there.

I am a huge supporter of trying even when odds are 0 to none. That way, I have a peace knowing that I did my part.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I definitely want to know what happened to Barricade, so I voted for "Tie off glaring loose ends on characters."

But I would also like it that there is no Unicron featured and no clones.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    At the moment, it seems characterisation and dialogue are our top preferences for TF3. Followed by less childish comic relief.

I voted for points 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 & 12.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's pretty much my hopes right there. Some comic relief is good, but just not to the extent in RotF. I'm not even looking for that much characterisation, just give me a decent scene that characterises these guys more than their faction and what they turn into and I'll be happy.

12. RonimusPrime

RonimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I note you leave humans from characterization. I personally want the humans to be a bit deeper too, since at this point we're stuck with them.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Character develoment (but i dont care of develoment but still), More Lines for the bots, More trnasformatiosn AND UNICRON!!!

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

1,4,9,11, and 13 are my votes. Some things need to be kept to have the movie-verse "atmosphere".

15. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Kill off a main human character

More robot dialogue

Less comic relief

16. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

lol i actually kept mine to 3 choices: 4, 5, 11.

thanks for taking the initiative on this, hopefully someone will listen. and great choices too.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I'm cool with clones if it's a situation like the protoforms. They were badass and showed there's strength in numbers.

As for Grindor and Clonecrusher, they could've said something in Cybertronian subtitles like "This is Grindor - captured the boy."

The robot banter and interaction is a must - the banter between Ironhide and Ratchet was hilarious and gave a sense of humanity to the team. They're just like average Joes doing their job.

Less human interaction is a must as well. I admit I like some of the humans, like Simmons, Epps and Lennox, Keller, General Morshower, but Leo, Miles, and Alice are bullshit.

I don't mind either way with Unicron, but he can't simply hide or appear as little as The Fallen did.

Definetly less humor like ROTF. The first film was okay, nothing too expicit, but the scene with Alice - I cringed as I watched my younger siblings make faces like "What are they doing" as she got all up on Sam.

No more humping, bot, man, or dog. Period.

18. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    EXACTLY! It's as simple as that. Powerpoint stuff, really.

Thanks for all the votes, People! Keep em' coming.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    4 and 7 are the only ones worth sending in

20. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Everything on the whole effing list except for "Yes to Unicron."