Customs: Let's try and figure how to mod the constructicons

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Feb 15, 2009.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since the 100$ Devastator is well... crap I deceided to start this thread to see if everyone on the boards worked together we could figure out (if possible) how to mod the constructicons with the bot modes in hopes of figuring out a way to have a good Devastator. To begin I think that if an owner of Scavenger can post pics of him with a transformation mod that allows him to look like this
    [​IMG]
    I think it's possible if you
    1. flip him over
    2. rotate the arms and fold them in
    3. and I think it should be able to fit mixmaster in between the treads
    If we can have that pic then It would be possible with out any major modification to make a devastator hopping that the other constructicons can form parts too.
    After looking at rampage I does seem possible to make him a leg.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not a bad idea, but I'd hold off on planning mods until we see more than just Demolisher and Rampage.

The big questions are going to be:

1) what if not all of the Constructicons come in compatible size classes? How would you work with one leg that's a deluxe and one that's a voyager?

b) how will you do the head if the individual Mixmaster has no face? Buy the $100 set just for the cement truck?

3. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Well from what we've seen Mixmaster is a voyager and so is Devastator(Scavenger) and the rest are deluxes.

Well I think that Mixmaster face will be Devastators.

I have complete confidence in this we just need these stolen chinese toys to come out already. The sooner the better ;) 

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I have my fingers crossed for the images of the individual transforming deluxe constructicons. I really hope they all stay to scale and will be good candidates for a custom / kitbashed version of Devastator.

I'm not sure if there's speculation, but I am 100% positive the current Deluxe constructicons cannot form Devastator as is ...you can see the shovel on Rampage doesn't have the correct parts or design to form Devy's "claw hand"

I think it's important that the constructicons all stay to scale though. I for some reason can picture the "set" cement truck being much larger than the crane (for example) so that it can harness the head inside it, but can also picture the deluxe version (if there is one) being the same size, or smaller than the crane to cut costs and to keep the robot modes the same heights. This is going to be all guess work, but we'll have to wait and see....

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bit too busy with things right now but later tonight(Edit* no time like the present LOL) I will try and do this for everyone if someone doesnt do it yet(not sure who actually has him thats why).

Fixing Hasbro's mistakes will not be easy and yes someone who wants to make a true combine with individual bots as well will most likely need to buy all the transformable bots and the 100 set as well. I think this thread is a great idea nd it is never to early to start brainstorming ideas and throwing them arounad.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    you have the Devy set tony?

7. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Rampage was a leg...

8. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Just Pm'd Mike for help also I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out once you get your hands on it. And if you do figure it out please post a tutorial :p 

9. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not all of it...yet.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    You have some of it? I am asking because I was told these aren't even near production yet. I know you have the 1 guy, but he's not from this set...

11. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    :drool: :bowdown: 

12. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oops I meant the regular guys, they are all in production right now. Only a matter of time before whoever gets them will have them distributed to our leads and I will update this thread with any and all parts/pieces I get of the big lug so no worries, this might be the first non partsformer combiner if customized right and I want it to happen. Any who Took a picture of how I think he might fit as the torso/midsection. There is less than 3" of space between the treads and they will not move inward or outward for more of less room. With the shovel tucked under the body of it this way I can see integrating some connector plugs on each side for the legs and it would work well to as the shovel has some good range of movement as long as you shuffle the head of Scavenger around a bit(is head and other bits rotate 360 degrees in the middle of the body).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Thanks I'm sure we'll figure something out

14. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some more pics of him the other way around. One with the treads locked in and then one with them popped out of the port and half rotated for the transformation. Makes for a good collarbone structure. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  15. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    He might have to come from an in-scale model kit, perhaps with guts from another movie figure.

16. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This actually may work very well, but the problem is just the if a figure has the connector parts, and then there is Mixmaster, if he is a voyager than most likely but as a deluxe, no face for devi.

17. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    This is an awsome idea!
    but as for Scavenger, where would the arms connect exactly?
    in the picture of the 100$ set, it shows the shovel/hands of scavenger as the shoulders......i think??

18. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im not a kitbasher (though I want to be just dont have the money for paints and all that other stuff) but with that pic with Demolishor upside down makes me think that Mixmaster would have to parts for the drum to be put on there unless the tracks can swing upwards to give it more room

19. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Not exactly sure but it will play out in the time to come,

That's what I thought.

20. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I have absolute confidence that as long as the rest of the constructicons have THE LEVEL OF ARTICULATION as these first two (scavenger and demolishor) we should be able to kitbash a devastator !

Kudos to you for starting this thread dude. I look forward to updates ~