Let's talk MP Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fabexmax, Dec 23, 2010.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now that MP Hot Rod is only a few months away, I was thinking that the next obvious choices of Masterpiece TF's would be either Galvatron or Shockwave. Personally, I'm leaning more toward Shockwave since he will have a new level of fame thanks to DotM, but either way I see Galvy or Shockwave next. Then that got me thinking that if they do those 2, Soundwave is a no brainer right. So just going off speculation of that happening, hell, lets just say that DIDN'T happen, who would be the bext Autobot deserving of the MP treatment. I was thinking and thinking and the only ones I see this could happen for would be finishing the Dinobots, or...hear me out OMEGA SUPREME!!! Ok, I know what you are thinking... no way they'd do Omega in the MP line because he'd have to be too big. Well, not really. What if he was only a little taller than MP Prime, and was a quality G1 styled Omega Supreme that split into all of the parts, and combined into an articulated Omega (that just happened to end up being in scale with TF C.H.U.G)! I just honestly can't think of any other bots that are big enough names aside from Bumblebee, and they can't use the VW mold for him. What do you guys think?

2. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

Sideswipe.

3. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is what I was gonna say. Or Prowl.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm surprised at the lack of speculation towards an MP Soundwave.

5. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Sideswipe? Really? Hmmm, didnt see that coming. I guess Prowl or Jazz makes sense. But here is another dilema. What size would they be? Same as the Seekers? Smaller than the Seekers?

6. fabexmax

News Credits:
    I said Soundwave. But I have him coming after Galvatron/Shockwave. That would be the Decepticon trifecta.

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I meant in general. And isn't Soundwave more popular than Shockwave and Galvatron?

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

In all fairness i do not see Soundwave as needing the MP treatment compared to some others. The G1 toy was really screen accurate for a g1 and even by todays standards is pretty screen accurate. If they were to do an MP Soundwave i cant help but think fix up the areas that the g1 mold was lacking to make it more screen accurate and to fix its main problem of articulation. Although he was very articulated for a G1 by todays standards he rates above a brick but thats about it. Where i feel they could truly make this shine is MP cassettes. I think it would be awesome to have the major ones that come to mind given the MP Treatments. Frenzy and Rumble, Laserbeak, Ravage and hell throw in Ratbat for good measure. Mp Soundwave would be waste without MP Cassettes.

As for autobots while Bee is out of the question due to the issues with VW not wanting associated with war through these toys I think plenty of Autobot cars would be great MPs. I remember this being mentioned in a similar thread. A great MP shelf with bunch of autobot cars lined up with prime. As well as Grimmy with the rest of the dinobots. These would all be great.

10. fabexmax

News Credits:
    I would say YES he is, but with Hot Rodimus out Galvatron is a MUST have, and I'm bumping him up over Shockwave, but Shockwave WILL get made. He has too. Soundwave is tricky, but the idea of them selling at least 1 or 2 add on packs that include all of the cassettes for Soundwave is a no brainer (since they sold an add on that was lame for Megatron.)

11. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

OK well I am going to say Soundwave,galvatron,Ultramagnus completed and not just a white painted truck either, wheeljack as hes my favorite.

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say Terrorcon: Blot

13. Macross7

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So was Grimlock but he got a MP.

I wouldn't think any other Autobot cars (Jazz or Wheeljack size) would be up next. Hot Rod only got it because they were doing Rodimus & figured a way to work Hot Rod into him.

My guesses:
    Shockwave - due to DOTM fame. Although he is one of those 'other company' toys so I don't know who owns his design.
    Galvatron - compliment to Rodimus
    Soundwave with a couple of cassettes - one of the most well known TF out there.
    Ironhide - larger than a car & has never had a G1 toon accurate vehicle/robot toy. Ratchet repaint potential & both are in the movies
    Skyfire/Jetfire - G1 toon accurate - Different from a Macross valkyrie & large charater
    Ultra Magnus - scaled down MP Prime with car carrier armor that attaches to him.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont think we will ever see MP's of Prowl or his mold brothers, Jazz or any of the G1 bots with alt modes based on real cars.

While Takara can use car likeness with out much fear of car manufactures wanting a big cut of the profits, Hasbro wouldnt be able to do that in the US.

And Takara has been trying to make molds that are US friendly.

15. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

MP Jazz or Bumblebee for the Bots, MP Soundwave for the Cons.

16. Macross7

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought of something. If they do Soundwave and throw in a couple of the cassettes, it gives Takara to do something they haven't done before. Add on sets. Say SW comes with Lazerbeak & Rumble. They can also release a Cassette 'Add-On' set that has Buzzsaw, Frenzy & Ravage. Two repaints & a new mold to get the collectors on the fence.

17. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

LOL completely ignoring the linked topic on the first page.

But let's be honest, folks. The next Masterpiece will be Movie Blackout.

18. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Its got to be Galvatron, or Ultra Magnus, white Prime is lame.

19. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Licensing.

I must be the only person here who doesn't want a $100 toy that turns into a BOX.

20. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Even tho I would love to see Soundwave and Shocky in the MP line its not very likely,as Hasbro is probably part of the MP line now since this will be the 7th MP Hasbro will release here in the US,so I think Shocky is deffy out as they won't release anymore guns here.

And Soundwave,sorry but is about as brick-ish as you can get,its rectangle,flat,and just ordinary to be a Masterpiece,and even tho I like ordinary stuff Hasbro/TakTom may not see it my way.So if the above is likely then I hope we see atleast 1 or 2 of the following get the MP treatment one day,so here they are.

Swoop might happen as he is the 2nd most popular dinobot.
    Arcee probably not but would love to see her get a figure finally.
    Jazz slim chance as he was already done for Alternators.
    Hound wow that would ROCK but no way no how its happening.
    Mirage wish they would do him but a big goose egg on that.
    Any of the Coneheads maybe but not anytime soon.
    Insecticons yeah when Megatron steps down as leader so Starscream can lead.
    Sky Lynx never never never will happen.
    Jetfire same as sky lynx.