Let's talk FP Menasor.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell yes this. Frankenstein neck bolts for the win.

2. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I tend to believe that Menasor's coming and either they are taking their sweet time because previous successes and wise financial planning have allowed them the luxury of a longer development process or, alternately, lackluster sales of Ninsecticons left them with a cash flow problem. Obviously I would need better access to their sales numbers to be able to substantiate either claim and since that's not a likely scenario it can't be more than fanfiction unless someone speaks up. Regardless I don't think they're gone, it seems unlikely that they'd just vanish without so much as a "no more toys, bye."

I do, they very much seem to tend towards that aesthetic. Given their country of origin, this isn't hugely surprising. I'm a fan.

Well, they always put their own spin on things, certainly they never seem particularly bound by a character's existing transformation scheme. I do believe they need to be more careful about their legal standing because of their location. Most third parties seem to be based in and around China. These are areas known to be less cooperative about copyright/trademark issues than Japan, which is of course home to TT. So not even an international issue.

I doubt it. I don't think it was all that popular with the Insecticons. I liked it but I think it may have cost them a few sales.

It's subtle enough to work. I wouldn't shit all over it on principle. Of course I'd have to see it. I'm not sure people would embrace rusted out, busted up stunticons since they've traditionally been depicted as rather sleek and sexy (if stupid). But I'd give it a shot.

I think you're dead on. The appeal for the Stunticons- at least for me- is the idea that Motormaster's trailer could be used for so much. Obviously it should be kibble storage for the combined mode but maybe it could also turn into armor for Motormaster or Menasor himself. Or just a huge weapons locker. Like you, I don't really like the trailer becoming an integral part of Motormaster. I've always thought Motormaster's G1 transformation scheme was pretty stupid.

Also we mustn't forget that- though not important in the show- the Stunticon's had a little black car drone-buddy. Gotta have that lil fella.

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Me three. The trailer would not have to combine as far as I'm concerned, if all the combiner pieces were inside it.

This. A billion times this. If they plug into Motormaster's arms & legs so the elbows/knees are between the connections, and they just become the forearms/shins, I'm fine with that. But no crappy GeeWun cars stuck on limbs.

4. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    exactly ^

5. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I never really thought of it in these terms, but I think I have at least one variant of every FansProject product except the first. I have their:

Not-Bombshell
    Not-Bruticus
    Not-Firebolt
    Not-Kickback
    Not-Nemesis Prime
    Not-Optimus Prime
    Not-Rodimus Prime
    Not-Shrapnel
    Not-Springer
    Not-Superion
    Not-Ultra Magnus

Someone said that they have become the preeminent 3rd Party Company. At this point, I’d probably buy a FansProject product sight unseen, and without knowing what it was. Like if they brought out Big Bot, New Emperor, or Earthshaker, I’d probably preorder it even without a picture of description.

6. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd support a FP Menasor and Stunticons since they're my favorite gesalt team and Menasor is my favorite combined form as well but I'll like it if it goes like FP's Bruticus where there's a mixture of G1 and modernization.

7. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I just want the front scoop & spoiler from the CJ set. I'm happy with the head I got from a member on another board, and giving him one of Bruticus' shotguns.

And a blue Protector to match Sideburn.

8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I expect the following:

Motormaster will be sized to match Classics Voyager Optimus Prime. His trailer will be sized to match G3 trailer (which I *still* don't have; *sigh*).

His trailer will turn into a ramp which the Stunticon cars will use to perform... well.. stunts.

Furthermore, the trailer *will* turn into some sort of armor for Motormaster.

All 4 Stunticons will be able to fit in (or on) the trailer somehow.

They will have to have a separate mold for Dragstrip, but I expect the remaining three to share some parts and/or transformation schemes. They will be sized to match not-Swindle and not-Blastoff.

Each Stunticon will some with a number of demolition derby type accessories that can be used in bot mode and car mode - spikes, grenade launchers, etc. Much like the meched-up Wreckers from DOTM, only better.

The drone car will be present - maybe it will be a roller repaint?

Menasor will be AWESOME!

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You are missing the Cliffjumper upgrade set lol. But then again it is by FP before they were called FP.

This not Prime figure, I assume you mean the City Commander repaints?

I'm with you though. FP is one of those companies that all they have to do is announce a figure that is of a TF show character and I will bite. I only specify because I have zero interest in their Heartmaster.

So sad to follow the non sell out insecticons with Heartmaster. I really don;t see HM selling very well.

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd love if the trailer was compatable with Classics Nemesis Prime, becoming armour for him along the lines of Ultra Magnus but giving him Motormaster's robot mode.

Since Motormaster's tech specs originally suggested a rivalry to Optimus Prime, having him and Nemesis as the same character could make for some interesting fiction in the future.

I will sell my house if this set gives us Scout versions of the Stunticons. I've waited years for this. They'll look great with my oversized Korean Bruticus. Onslaught is the same size as G1 Ultra Magnus and the rest are close to deluxe size.

Something else that interests me and I'm surprised noone else has mentioned it, Not Swindle and Not Blast Off were recoloured AND remolded as Not Growl and Not Space Shot. Could we see the Stunticon Scouts re-released in a similar manner as other G1 characters and if so, who would you like?

My own suggestions:

Drag Strip - Double Clutch, Crasher, Slap Dash

Dead End - Jazz, Sunstreaker (Thinking of Alternators), Nightbeat

Breakdown - Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Firecracker, REV, Punch

Wildrider - Black Jack, Hot Rod

If I got Menasor and Nightbeat as described above, I'd never ask for anything again.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes you will, you are a Transfan. Once we get what we want there is always something else we want.

Imagine a FP Terrorcons/Abominus. Or an FP Omega Supreme, imagine how many tricks they can work into an OS. :O

But right now I just want an awesome FP Menasor which we know we are getting but we don't know if it is awesome. Who am I kidding its FP, of course it will be amazing.

I forgot all about the little car/chest dude. I wonder what FP will do with that???

12. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

Im all for it.(when will there be pics???)
    Just some thing to think about, Crossfire 01 is smaller than Crossfire 02.

FP changed the game up with Crossfire 02, but TFC upped the bar on scale with Herc. Last year to me it seems that FP(calsaity line) was over shadowed by TFC's Herc, and thats why we havent heard anything from FP their hard at work changing the game up yet again.( I hope that's what it is)

13. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want more combiners.

FP Menasor would probably be great. All I'd ask for would be G1 accurate paint schemes, 6 wheels on Dragstrip, MM's trailer included in combination somehow, and no "slap cars onto biceps".

So who's gonna give me a Computron? :D 

14. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

Fans Project Liokaiser :drool: 

Oh, the possibilities.

Honestly, though, Menasor is my first desire at this point. Such a cool set of characters.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want some Technobots to hang out with my Jetfire.

16. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

There should be like a law or something that FP do the Terrorcons ,Seacons,Tecnobots, TFC do the Predacons, Trainbots,and the brestforce & Maketoy do protectobots and a new set of Airealbots.
    And OS from FP would be one hell of a buy, i mean like no less than 250$

17. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I said at the top that I had every mould except the first, meaning the Cliffjumper upgrade. The Not-Optimus Prime is the trailer, I think it's officially called the TFX-02 G3 Trailer.

And what is Heartmaster? I don't remember the name, but might have seen the mould if there were pictures, CGI renderings?

Edit: Just ddi a search for Heartmaster. I remember seeing him. Did we ever figure out who he was supposed to represent, or is he an original character?

18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Menasor? Interesting.....I want to see this...

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    any ideas when they'll officially reveal stuff? I'm figuring its after the Devastator madness dies down, ya know? Finish one combiner set before hitting us with another.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh if true, never really cared about Menasor, the protectobots were more interesting to me since they all look different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.