Lets talk decepticons...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hendrijr, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I really love what the Generations/RTS line is throwing at us right now (Wheeljack! Perceptor! Tracks! Jazz! Wreck-Gar! Kup! A Cyclonus you can actually find! *goes into fangirl coma*)...

...but I am a little fed-up with the Decepticon side of things.

I mean. Come on. Look at Reveal the Shield, for example.

Autobots: G2 Laser Prime, Gold Bumblebee, Bumblebee, Rodimus Prime, Prowl, Trailcutter, Windcharger, Special Ops Jazz, Turbo Tracks, Perceptor, Grappel, Strafe, Fallback, Mindset.
    Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Cyclonus, Lugnut , a possible Rumble...uh...Chopsaw...um...D-Deep Dive...uh.

So...apart from Megatron and Starscream, who have approximately over nine thousand figures already (admittedly Legends, but still), Cyclonus (who really needed some more figures issued of him) and Lugnut (who as a character is only about three years old - although it's nice to have one in scale with Blitzwing?), there are only a bunch of 'Cons who no-one cares about. At least the 'Bots have Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Tracks and Jazz to combat Fallback and Mindset. The 'Cons...well, they have Megatron and Starscream. Again.

Admittedly if you look to Generations you can then add Thundercracker, Straxus/Darkmount, Skullgrin and Scourge to the equation, but seriously? Skullgrin is just a redco/remold of Darkmount (can you get any more lazy?), Thundercracker is yet another Seeker mold - albeit a welcome one - and Scourge is just a happy addition to a rapidly dwindling team.

Remember Shockwave, Hasbro? No? Okay...Blitzwing? Trypticon? Bruticus? (Oh no wait, you're doing that as a Con Exclusive which will be sold at such a high price on eBay that it's simply not worth it unless you're a die-hard collector. My bad.) Sixshot? Howabout some Maximals and Predacons? Or some G2 or Unicron Trilogy or something. Waves 1 and 2 of the Deluxe RTS toys were all G1 Autobot. That's just sad. There are other continuities and factions you could pay homage to.

Yes. The Autobots are the Good Guys. But you can't have Good Guys without also having Bad Guys, or there is nobody for the Good Guys to be Good Guys against. It makes the entire struggle of the Autobots and Decepticons moot if there are 16 Autobots to 7 Decepticons.

TL;DR - Using TFWiki's list, I compiled the following data.

Generations
    Autobots: 9
    Decepticons: 9

^ Theoretically, as it should be. One 'Bot for one 'Con to keep all the fans happy?

Reveal the Shield
    Autobots: 16
    Decepticons: 7

^ Seriously Hasbro, I am extremely grateful for Wheeljack and Thundercracker, but wtf is this and more importantly where is Shockwave? ;~;

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think we'll find Shockwave around a year or so down the line, after DOTM, when he's back in the public consciousness a bit.

And Bruticus was a store exclusive, not a con one ;) 

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Only reason I collect classics decepticons is because my girl bought me unicron for my bday one time. I couldt sell the thing so I started to make the best of it. I love her.

4. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Really, I thought he was a Botcon Exclusive? Or have I gone and gotten the wrong Combiner team again >.> My bad if I did. XD

5. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Agreed. Hasbro needs more decepticons that are bigger and vary in modes, molds, and design.
    What's the point of Transformers if there isn't a bad side that would at least even things out?