Let's talk about...Transformers Armada

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

So I recently started watching this series on DVD as I never bothered to watch it during its initial run on CN.

A few things I like and dislike:
    • Design: In terms of character designs, I consider Armada to be one of the best and it's unfortunate that the toys took a step back so to speak.
    • Animation: I was given a fair warning with regards to the animation. I even read up on the rushed and unfinished quality of the work. Needless to say, it’s pretty funny seeing missing frames in the middle of a fight. It actually makes me want to pick up Micron Legend as I read that it’s a more polished and refined version. But is it worth it at this point?
    • Supporting Characters: I really don’t like wiener kids and Rad and Co. are definitely the embodiment of that. Sometimes, I wished Prime would accidentally step on every single one of them. By the way, Carlos sounds like a Chicano that got displaced in Canada when he was younger. And Billy...well, Billy is Billy.
    That's all for now. I just felt like discussing this series to get an idea of what your thoughts are.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I really can't stand the series, but my OCD completist ass still had to buy the DVDs.

Sigh.

3. Satomiblood

Despite his badass design and the David Kaye voice assist, I really don't like this version of Megatron. He just seems like a total bitch from much of what I've seen.

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I was seven when it was around, So I freaking loved it.

It was like watching beast wars all over again, since I skipped RID (accidentally but w/e)

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Armada was alright, but kids and animation ruined it for me after the tolerable Koji(?) and crisp clean animation from RID.

Skipped toyline.

Scavenger was my favorite character

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The show had some decent moments. Starscream's sacrifice, Hot Shot VS Scavenger in Overmatch, the mid-air combination between Prime and Jetfire, Tidal Wave's arrival, Smokescreen's death.

Designs were good too, but the toys were not the greatest, too heavy on gimmicks and lacking in articulation.

The music for the series was excellent, though.

Overall, not the best TF series, but not the worst either. I give that title to its sequel Energon or the Japanese Headmasters series.

7. Jetspark

Jetspark Decepticon

I watched it when I was younger too. I loved it, but wanted to rip Megatrons head off sometimes for his constant evil cackles and he was such a b*tch to Starscream all the time.
    Billy was extremely annoying after awhile too, and I think everyone would agree with that..."Ohhh where's some food around here!?"
    The fact to that the Cons ran literally every damn time the autobots started fighting with them got stupid, because we all know that the only reason the Cons are defeated all the time is because of children watching the show.
    Thats one of the only reasons why I liked the 2007 movie, both sides got beaten up good and it was a awesome fight.

Other then that, the show was cool. Great for younger kids for the lesson parts, and had a pretty good storyline.

8. Satomiblood

I found it hilarious when they showed the kids and their lack of a reaction when Prime and Jetfire first combined.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Only human character I liked was Fred.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

The fight in the final episode between Prime and Megatron (no, I won't call him Galvatron) ranks among the best fights in any TF series ever.

They really beat the crap out of each other.

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my major gripes about Armada (though as a whole, I enjoyed the series) was the fights - 'bots and 'cons would face off, Prime and Megs would hold hands for a moment, we'd get treated to a largely static scene before Megs fell on his behind and ordered a retreat.

12. Jetspark

Jetspark Decepticon

Yep, exactly my point :lol 

13. Satomiblood

Remember that time Megatron's entire body disappeared while he was swinging the Starsaber at Prime?

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes. Not just the fight either. It has one of the best endings of any TF series, too.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I disagree

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Oh? What was wrong with the ending? It was the most original one they've had.

17. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    As bad as Armada got sometimes, in the big scheme of things it's not horrible compared to the all of the other badly-dubbed Japanese imports that were airing at the time (or right now, for that matter). Because of that I can't completely rag on the Armada show. I'd rather listen to Fred complain about being hungry again and again than listen to Yugioh rant on and on about his Blue Eyes White Dragon crap.

18. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Yeah, the ending was the best of all the series that I have seen, which is not many to be exact...:redface2: 

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I thought it was really good way better then Energon or or the other one i cant remember and i wasnt a huge fan of RID just of scourge and the decepticons in that one. Currently getting the Armada figures which i thought were very well done esp tidal wave and Jetfire!

20. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I love armada.