Let's talk about Stealth Force

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xenomrph, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I didn't see a thread about these things, so I figured I'd start one for it. I picked up a bunch of the basic ones for cheap from K-mart because they were on sale, and I'm digging them. I never had M.A.S.K. toys, but I did have KEY FORCE which was similar in a lot of ways.

I've picked up Soundwave, Barricade, Silverstreak, and Hound, and I'm really liking them. I definitely like Soundwave the most - his weapons springing out is really satisfying and when you look at all his missiles and guns and stuff they could conceivably all fire and he wouldn't hit himself with any of his own weapons. None of the other guys really do that - the door-weapons on Hound and Silverstreak don't have enough clearance to really "work", for example. I'd say Hound is the weakest out of the lot - his back wheels popping outward doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than to show off random metallic bits, and his door guns are lame because you can still see them when they're closed up. The trunk minigun is pretty righteous, though.

I dunno, I didn't think I'd like these things at first because of the price point and because they don't transform, but for like $6 apiece I think they were worth getting. I've got no interest in picking up the Bumblebee one, and I don't want to drop $15-$20 for the bigger ones (although Gears and Inferno are pretty cool, just not for that price), and I don't care about most of the series-2 ones coming out.
    But the basic ones are just really satisfying to pop the weapons in and out over and over, I can't even put my finger on why.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Oh, how much fun it is to fiddle with them in the toy aisle. I have yet to pick one up, though. I'm too poor.

3. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    K-mart has the basic ones on sale for $6 or $7. I refuse to pay $10 for something that's smaller than a deluxe figure and doesn't actually transform. But for about half that, for a fun little car with weapons that spring in and out and reminds me of a cool toyline from when I was a kid? Sign me up!

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i think their crap personally, my nephew got the hound jeep for his birthday...got tired of it in about a hour.

waste of $$$, IMO

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    transformers transform into robots not crappy vercals to vercals with weapons out of them i think it is a good gimic for 1 to 4 year olds even that could be pushing it

6. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are fun for what they are. Obviously aimed at the young ones, to get them hooked on the brand.

If you like MASK nostalgia will probably make you like Stealth Force.

My Wife saw the Optimus Prime one and just wanted it, and she never wants toys for herself, normally she will think something is cool but will never say "I MUST HAVE THIS PLASTIC!"

They are not collectors toys, they are fun little vehicles toys with pop out guns. If you approach them with that mentality you should enjoy them.

The price point is a bit too high, I'll probably pick up a few more if I see them on sale somewhere.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like them a lot more if I could find any new(ish)Transformers other than them in stores. Good work on your Christmas strategy, Hasbro UK; don't put out any new Transformers that do turn into robots, and focus on ones that don't.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^This. In the UK, Hasbro have admitted they are focusing on Stealth Force instead of Generations.

Yeah, exactly.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't understand the point of these damned things. My little cousin doesn't recognize them as Transformers toys.

10. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    The point is that the weapons pop in and out and it looks cool. :p  Like, one second it's a car, and the next second it's got 26 guns that appeared out of thin air and it looks ridiculous (in the best way possible).

11. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of them. My opinion is biased as I like Transformers that actually transform. For getting the little ones into the hobby, though, they are great little things. I like how accurate the vehicle modes are.

12. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    My main issue with them is why they cost as much as a Deluxe...unless they cost more to design than i realise.

Beyond that... i'm inclined to think they're the result of an attempt to respond to increasingly complex mainline toys with increasingly simple ones, and simply to just put more product on shelves without necessarily having to pay Paramount any money.

Personally,they don't affect my toy hunting at all. I gave up on the idea of even distribution long before they came round.

It may simply be easier for Hasbro Europe/UK to get their hands on them compared to other toys.
    (I think) it's been fairly established at this stage that the U.S. gets dibs, the rest get the leftovers.

13. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

What is the "point" of a robot transformer? They're all toys.

I've gotten my son the deluxe and prime (voyager?) stealth force. With the clockworks and the electronics, the gimic comes to life. The basic is too simplistic to emphasize the effect.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I would think that FAB, Activators, or whatever automatic Transformers would be enough to get kids into Transformers without having to resort to something like Stealth Force. I mean really, "pop-up" weapons. And on top of it the price of these things are ridiculous for what essentially will hold the attention span of a kid for about couple of hours.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I got the Stealth Force Bumblebee as a late Christmas gift in the mail from a friend and it has clearance issues as well. the door missiles when fired would blow the front end off of it and the 2 biggest front guns would blow the fenders off. The chain guns from under the hood must only fire at the op of the arc of there barrels other wise they would blow the grill out.

Good Concept but the engineering needs work.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

ORLY?

They're Transformers marketed more directly towards kids, but they don't transform into robots, so some little kids don't even see them as proper Transformers. They're just cars with guns.

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which is why there sold in the toy car aisle and not the action figure aisle. These toys are specifically designed for kids that like cars

18. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Flat out - I Love them. Barricade is easily my favorite so far as I've only had a chance to pick up a couple. The Electronic Optimus is cool too, though I never bother with the lights and sounds button, just the transform one.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have nothing against them, and they are fun to play with in the toy aisle, but I can tell I would be bored with them in minutes. I'm sure they would be fun toy cars for kids without much of a sense of Transformers as robots or characters, though. (thinking back to giving a Playskool Go-Bot to a nephew a few Christmases back - the car-bot never left car mode, and the ape-bot was flown around the room as Buzz Lightyear. :)  )

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The only Stealth Force toy I'm ever going to get is Barricade. The others can stay on the pegs in the toy aisle for all I care.