Lets take a poll on who will buy MP 10 Prime for $250

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Sep 19, 2011.

?

Will you buy MP 10 Optimus Prime for $250?

1. Yes, it looks awesome!!!

42 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Maybe, waiting for review.

53 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. No way, too expensive! waiting for a price cut or sale.

93 vote(s)
    36.5%
  4. No, I will not buy it/not interested.

67 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Double shitty because unless he can convince a hell of a lot of people to join him or he buys a whole lot of units he's pissing in the wind.

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

It's a definite. Maybe not right away but it's in the pocket.

3. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why did Binaltech end and Alternity begin? Are they using the same reasoning for shrinking the Masterpiece line to the MP-10 size? BT price = Alternity price. MP-04 price < MP-10 price! It raises more questions.

Even though it's not exactly the same as the PP-01, it looks like the same scale with some re-engineering. I can see the cab being a little more expensive than the PP-01, but that means the trailer is way overpriced. I want it but cannot afford it. Due to limited funds and other priorities, my preorder is cancelled.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I want it but not for that price. I'll just wait for the Hasbro version.

5. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    All good points raised. I agree with one thing the most - the price. Very off putting even to an average or casual toy collector like me. But I can safely say that TT is aiming at the wow factor the figure brings once in hand.

All I can say is that ppl will continue to diss the pricing for MP10 until it is officially released and ppl actually get to play and fiddle with it in person. There is alot of engineering effort put into the figure itself and the size of MP10 increases (to me at least) the actual play value of the toy.

MP1 was awesome but it was too big to have any play value of any sort. Most of the ppl I know just buy it and display it next to MP05 (vise versa) looking magnificent on the shelves.

But then again, it is your money and you all will ultimately decide whether to get it or not.
    As for the Hasbro release, it is inevitable but there will be some trade-offs in terms of premium features that will be missing in the Hasbro release.

Your money, your choice :D 

6. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Is it that difficult to create a transforming car-carrier without parts-forming?? I wasn't thrilled about "armor-on-the-cab" as a G1-loving kid, and I certainly won't accept it as a modern Masterpiece.

I definitely want Masterpiece Magnus, but not like what OP is describing.

7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    It's interesting that they are putting so much effort(and cost) into "play" value for a collector's piece. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of TF collectors don't buy $250-$300 pieces to take them out into the back yard and have wars, but rather to display them on a shelf for their aesthetic value. Sure pose-ability is important for making a visually striking and changeable display, but outside of the occasional re-posing or cleaning there just isn't much need for the gimmicks associated with toys aimed at a much younger market who are going to be playing with them to death. Much like with the recent Mattel Voltron, it seems like some companies can't decide if they are making a high-end collector piece or if they are making a toy for kids. How much cost could have been saved on Grimlock for instance if the stupid head/tail moving gimmick had been removed. Can anyone honestly say they have spent any serious amount of time using that feature? It just seems like TT feels the need to add lots of unnecessary features to the MP releases that have no impact on how suitable the piece is for display by an adult collector but greatly add to the cost.

TCracker, can you say whether TT considers their MP line to be in the same league with Bandai's SoC line? Because the price point of MP-10 is directly comparable to some very impressive SoC releases and I feel like the value just isn't there when you see what else is on the market at a similar price point.

8. TCracker

News Credits:
    Grey area.

it is all a matter of perception, In the end of the day, it is all about marketing and economical precedence. It is never etched anywhere that MP is the equivalent with SOCs. Different companies have different takes on their premium lines. Bandai and TT are 2 albeit toy companies, they have 2 totally different business models. There are just too much to discuss here in the corporation standpoint, and business philosophies differ. So I will not go in there.

9. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

Any chance you can tell us how much diecast is in MP-10?

10. TCracker

News Credits:
    Just don't expect MP-01 diecast content, else you will be very disappointed. But he has die-cast in the right places, or rather places you expect him to have. (again, please do not use MP-01 as a benchmark)

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I've already got PP01 Faith Leader and he's much more show accurate and proportional to me, and is perfectly scaled to the rest of my MP and Classics figures.

MP-10 New Prime looks neat but some of his aesthetics bug me (arms are too long bordering on ape-like, the slanted vents on his ab grill look wrong, etc.) and he's too stylized and too big to fit in with the rest of my collection (Prime shouldn't be taller than MP Grimlock, IMO). Trailer is useless to me. Human Alliance Spike gimmick is meh. Prime's ion rifle looks stumpy and horrible with that hinge in the middle for spring-loaded transformation; too much compromise to make it fit into his backpack. QC is also a concern given Takara's MP-09 shenanigans.

Will probably wait for the 2nd edition run (to fix any QC problems) or the US Hasbro release due to the insane price alone. Too much third party goodness taking up my money at the moment.

12. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Just cancelled my preorder. It was mentioned BBTS' stock was 596 yesterday, now it's 603.
    If I knew a matching MP Megatron was in the works, that'd help me buy MP-10, but for now I'm holding out. Also, QC issues frighten me.

13. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    I don't know what you said..but I heard truck driver, and that immediately makes you awesome! :bay 

ha, yea at first I didn't want it, but now that it is getting closer to release, I am starting to change my mind...I want that trailer!

14. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty awesome, I know I've been bashing the figure, but I think I secretly want him really badly but I have to brain wash myself into not liking it to save that money for something other than toys lol.
    Hopefully Takara will also release a cheaper non trailer version in the $100-$150 range. If Hasbro doesn't decide to release a super cheap missing paint apps version

15. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to get it as I don't own a MP Prime, but for $150 more or so I could get MP-04. Hmmmm...

16. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I know it sucks... im not happy about it at all but ill do almost anything for a true MP Ultra Magnus.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for the inevitable Hasbro release.

18. OptimusPrimeFour

Maybe its due to the economy, Not only do they raise prices for shit that almost every one wants but the collectors like our selves don't have it in our budget to drop that kind of cash. The 1st main priority is to live, and provide for our families and some people have a hard time already as it is just trying to do that.

19. OptimusPrimeFour

THIS! Thats the exact feeling I was getting too.

20. OptimusPrimeFour

I apologize for me not completely understanding you but what kind of MP Magnus are you thinking of? Like as in design aesthetics and transformation?