Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, very nice setup. I don't know what those bits are supposed to be, though... That Gundam looks really nice, I think I am in love :D 

BTW thank you for your kind comment on my Gouf. I am getting the white one soon :) 

2. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    In progress: PG AEUG Mk II's skeleton

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]
    Finished up my MG ZZ, little back heavy but very cool otherwise.

Point of interest for anyone else who's built it, which core block do you use, the transforming fighter or the solid block?
    I've got the fighter in there because it's got extra details.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually you should give the compliments to Bandai! The stand and the clear plastic rods to afflix thefin funnels were included in the MG kit.

Those bits you see "floating" around the Gundam are known as fin funnels. They act as flying guns like the Emeth (piloted by Lah Lah Sun) and also form as force shield against the Gundam. When not activated, they are attached to the Hi Nu Gundam's thrusters...they're the wings.

Actually the Hi Nu Gundam is the "completed" form of Amuro Ray's Nu Gundam seen in "Char's Counter attack" but it only appeared in the noval version.

Phy - a PG! That is one series of kits that I don't dare buy as they're extrmely pricey...I'm afraid of ,aking mistakes on something so expensive...and I can see that you have fixed the electronics! Remember to post pictures when you complete him!

Scourge_151 - nice one job on the ZZ! Is he "stable" in robot mode as in do you have difficulty balancing him?

5. Scourge_151

Cheers!
    He's got big feet so they make him pretty stable, backpack is heavy though, a lot easier to balance if he's holding the rifle or sabers, counters the backpack out a bit.
    Wide stance and spalyed out feet when standing straight solves any problems, haven't really tried any dynamic poses yet though.
    Considering the bot splits into 3 parts its very solid, no floppy joints or dodgy connections even when separated. I guess Bandai learned from how rubbish the first MG Zeta kit was (also have that one)

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Man, that Mk II is pretty sweet.

7. Phy

News Credits:
    It's been worth every penny and I'm only half-done.

One problem I can see is that the polycap joint between the thigh and the knee block is less stiff than I'd expect for a major load-bearing joint on such a big kit. It holds a gentle pose, but nothing much more extreme than the boxing pose above.

Liger, nice shots of the Hi-Nu! How does the silvery plastic look in real life? I keep hoping Bandai'll reissue a Hyaku Shiki with similar gold plastic.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply and its good to hear that the kit is pretty stable...so does this kit has a "perfect" transformation"? As in do you have to remove any parts to combine to form the ZZ?

Phy - the silver plastic isn't chrome...its just ordinary grey plastic and its not "coated". Something you would find on some of the newer Zoid kits. :D 

9. Scourge_151

It's a perfect transform, G-fortress can be done without splitting the mech up, the only part that is loose is the double rifle but that's accurate. The only optional part is the core block, it doesn't transform like the fighter and has the Judau figure sitting facing the front of the mech as opposed to the front of the fighter like in the transforming one if that makes sense.
    Oh and all the landing gear is separate to the mech so if you wanted to display it as g fortress parked you'd have to clip the landing gear on.

10. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Nice work. Now if this will only inspire me to finish more than the head on mine...

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Whoa!? Perfect transformation?! Looks like I have to check this kit out! Thanks for answering my questions! :D 

12. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

God, you folks are lucky you can afford all of these.

13. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here are some of the recent ones i finished

Perfect Grade Strike Gundam, yup that Snake Eyes in the background
    [​IMG]

Lightening edition Strike Freedom
    [​IMG]

Meteor Unit w/Freedom Gundam, I still need to paint and panel line this thig
    [​IMG]

Just finished this guy an hour ago MG Strike Noir Gundam from Gundam Seed Stargazer
    [​IMG]

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sciron - cool collection you got there. Did you paint your PG Strike Gundam?

15. Scourge_151

MGs aren't that pricey really, you'd be surprised!

16. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks. Nope, I just panel lined him an applied the stickers. That's what I love about gundam models. You don't have to paint them and they'll still look good. That pic doesn't do justice to the figure. I take some better pics of him and the rest of my collection when i get a chance.

17. Phy

News Credits:
    They're a darn sight cheaper than Yamato valks :D 

Srsly, I've never bought one that cost me more than about $90 Canadian. That might have been either the Dom or the GP02A, and they're both heavy suits. The PG was more than twice that, but it's like building four MGs in one go.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have. Although that was the monstrous Ex-S Gundam :p . Yeah, there aren't many MGs out there that push the $100 mark, at least if you're going through reasonably priced hobby shops, and not those guys that crazy-overcharge you. Beyond the Ex-S, there's the Sazabi and the Perfect Zeong, and that's probably it, short of limited edition models.

Thus far, all MG kits of variable suits are "perfect transformation". It's part of the appeal of the larger, more detailed scale, as opposed to the 1/144 HG line (and even the 1/100 HG lines often require removable fists or something).

19. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Last weekend I picked up the HCM Pro Zeta Unit 3, and the figure rocks! It's smaller than a HGUC or a MSiA, but it has a nearly perfect transformation, that uses some transformation gimmicks that are new to the Zeta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like all the HCM Pro figures, there is a small amount of removable armor. The Zaku II had a bit of internals on the head and backpack, and the Gouf had it on the head and chest. The Zeta has two small parts on it's legs. Internals on these figures is just icing, but still nice.

The Zeta comes with it's traditional armament, two beam sabers, two grenade packs, a beam rifle, and a hyper mega launcher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As with all HCM Pro, some of the multiple hands are molded to the equipment. This is actually kinda nice because it allows you to have a good hand pose for the weapon, and also negates having loose weapons in the grips. The optional beam sabers on the rifle and hyper mega launcher are done with extra parts to replace the barrels of the guns.

[​IMG]

The transformation of the Zeta to Wave Rider mode is pleasantly complex. It's not a perfect transformation, as the removal of the hands and V-fin are required, as is the replacing of the torso with a collapsed module. The MSiA and EMSiA couldn't have a complete transformation because of the materials, and the HGUC couldn't have it because of the cost.

The Wave Rider is a bit thicker than I would have hoped, but very well executed. The included stand has adaptors for latching straight onto the Wave Rider, and for attaching onto the Hyper Mega Launcher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, the only thing I really wish this figure came with is a stand for the robot mode. The figure is a bit hard to pose in robot mode.

20. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is what i got , nothing along the lines of what you all got.. I never got too much into collecting the gundams.. I always built the 1/144 size models .. I think im going to sell what i got soon if anyone is intrested.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/Highlands_Paranormal/Transformers/13a.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/Highlands_Paranormal/Transformers/14a.jpg

i have this white robot too , does anyone know what it is ?
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/Highlands_Paranormal/Transformers/15a.jpg