Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Why hello there, sexy, and your variant sticker sisters in the background. I've been needing more feddy generics and you fit the bill oh so nicely.

And thank god you are not a fucking P-Bandai like every other generic over the past few months.

And speaking of exclusive generics...

Fun with Balls, Day 7 Part 2!

Got the largest of the waterslides applied so letting those dry overnight before applying softening solution to seal them, which will then allow me to safely put the EFSF above them. Oh and I basically finished the Sharkmouth.
    [​IMG]

Let me tell you, there is a special place in hell for the person who thought it was okay to make the sharkmouth one solid sticker, because that fucker nearly self-destructed so many times it is a miracle I got it on intact.

[​IMG]

But yeah, a few minor touch-ups and a final sealing layer of Dullcote and this BAMF of a ball will be complete! Impressive given this one was started a day later than the Type K, which might end up taking all weekend due to the nature of my waterslides.

2. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Wow finally the GM Sniper II gets some MG love. I wonder just how many weapons are going to come with it and if I should wait for the announcement of an eventual White Dingo version.

Also what's wrong with the HGUC face? I don't really see anything wrong with it.

3. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only reason this exists is to make a White Dingo P-Bandai variant of it... it also means that long unfinished resin kit I have tucked away may never see the light of day again.

4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    GM Sniper II! And it's an entirely new mold. hopefully next we'll see the 0080 style GM Commando types!
    I also saw that Bandai will be selling the HWS set for the Nu Gundam separately, cheap enough.

And the big difference in the full kit version of the Nu HWS to the original Nu is the colors of the Gundam itself.
    [​IMG]

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    At least this time the basic generic version isn't ALSO a P-Bandai exclusive like several previous versions I can recall - Gegloog Cannon, anyone?

Huh, I like the 'new' colors that without seeing how it looks armored up, I'd be inclined to keep THAT one in the normal Hi-Nu form while using the armor on the old and more plain white standalone.

Anyway, the time has come - Day 8 and my Balls are finished!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished the waterslides on the Type K and the small sticker crap on the Sharkmouth, before breaking them down and preparing them for the final layer of dullcote. It is quite a transformation - but my phone as usual screwed up the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one came out damn near perfect though.
    [​IMG]

And I finally got to do a picture I've been wanting to do for a long, long time.
    [​IMG]

And a showcase too!
    P-Bandai 1/144 Ball Type K and "Sharkmouth"

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  7. Blurrz

Blurrz You're Breathtaking!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    GM Sniper 2.. heck yeah

8. Quickwing

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Still pisses me off since the White Dingo Unit is really the main reason the GM Sniper II is so popular for a start, and it constantly gets struck with exclusive status.

9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Huh. Truth be told I've never even heard of the White Dingo - thought everybody liked the GM Sniper II because the HG kit has epic box art and a free midget worker mech. And the fight with the Kampfer was a big enough deal that episode 19 of Build Fighters is basically that exact fight except with the roles reversed and the Zeon mech whips out the chain gun to blow away the Feddy.

10. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it took me 5 hours, but I built the Master Gundam with his horse, and they look incredible, The horse is kind of underwhelming, but it's nice to have a stand that isn't just a black stick. I accidentally lost the eye stickers for the horse, which is unfortunate, but he still looks as good as he can without some panel lining.

As the actual figure goes, he looks great. I like his cloaked mode, and I do like the giant hand effects. Now if only there was one for the left hand as well as one for the right.

EDIT: And now I have a dark blue and white Centaur. Universal joints are fun.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    AB: The balls are finally complete! They look great, I'd absolutely fondle them and cusp them for inspection.

I finished applying the silver foil tap underneath all the Unicorn's key psychoframe areas and it looks great. The one place I was tentative about was the pink fins on the sheild, and I did it for two reasons: 1. the see-through fins bugged the hell out of me, and 2. now the silver foil works as "deactivated" psychoframe on the side of the fins visible in unicorn mode. I'm glad I committed to doing this. It's a small difference in the end, but very effective.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Oh, I had to pry myself away from putting more waterslides on the Type K - nearly convinced myself to put "NO STEP" written on some part of the, er, pontoon things the arms are attached to.

Unfortunately, now I need to get more waterslides of lettering in different military fonts as well as UC style markings (The one for the Zaku F2 Zeon and Feddy versions looks particuarly adaptable for everything) or general military style. Anybody got some suggestions?

13. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here is a pic of the HG GM sniper II White Dingos

[​IMG]

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really Gunpla related specifically, but apparently Bandai has a series out called Super Minipla which is basically just non-Gundma Gunpla, like the original Megazord and GaoGaiGar. One step closer to everything I like being made into model kits. :p 

15. Quickwing

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I gather the White Dingo unit is what brought the GM Sniper II out of the pit of mediocrity that the base version dug itself into by being blown to bits within seconds of showing up in 0080. I've only ever really played Rise from the Ashes emulated once, but it was apparently influential enough that their specific GM SP2 units were brought back for the Journey to Jaburo and Lost War Chronicles games, and generally whenever a new GM SP2 model or figure is released the White Dingo Variant follows it as an exclusive... which is bothersome when I'm such a fan of the WD colors and equipment over the standard version. Yeah I could just paint it, but the rifle and shield would be problematic without buying a couple other kits, and I'd also have to scratch build the vulcan pod.

16. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Call me a fan of the design in general. I love the GM Sniper II because it's one of those designs that simply exists. its colors, structure, and weapons just look good to me. Really happy about the MG. From the looks of it, it uses a variation of the Version 2.0 skeleton for the arms and legs. I'm not a fan of how Bandai's switching Master Grades to using fixed pose hands now but it can't be helped.

17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Alright, probably going to take a week long break before diving into the last of the backlogged kits; the RD-4 Zaku Prototype, but there is a decision that needs to be made regarding how I'm going to do my panel/weathering color wash.

This is a sampling of every base plastic color on the sprues - so far there isn't anything cast in the wrong color such that I need to repaint whole portions, which is a plus. But color differentiation? Not so much.
    [​IMG]

The colors up close are much more diverse but, still dark enough that a straight blackwash will have no real effect.
    [​IMG]

What color should I shoot for in terms of panel lining?

Oh, that's White Dingo? Can't remember where I've seen it, but I thought at the time it was a one-off custom painted model, not a P-Bandai variant.

Yeah, looking up this thing on Google and now that I know it has unique armaments, I understand the frustration. Especially given how Bandai loves to crap out one-off Zaku II/High Mobility part variations every other month...though there is the fact THIS was revealed recently so there is hope still for the unloved Feddy MS types to get attention someday.
    [​IMG]

As a side note on this guy, given the implementation of that All Gundam joint design plan some time ago, I would expect this thing to be conveniently part-adaptable with leftover options from the EZ-SR kit.

I get the feeling they'll pull a Builders Parts thing and make jointed finger hands available as one of those optional extra manipulator kits, given the BP's have 1/100 sizes.

18. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mother of God, half of my MG grail team comes to pass. Bought.on. sight.

Now we need an MG GM Command. Get on it Bandai!

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    God I want that GM Ground Type so badly.

The new IBO kits look pretty cool, especially the 1/100s. The Vual and Vider especially look badass.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  20. Quickwing

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The thing about that that confuses me a bit is that the joint system has some inconsistencies over time, like the knee and elbow joints specifically. Not that that's a tremendously huge deal as yet, but it is one of those things I've observed since the All Gundam Project style kits were introduced... Actually now that I look at it and as I'm fiddling with the Gundam Local type I just realized the EZ8 doesn't have the shield prop that the old Ground Type, BD1, local type, and even the GM pictured seem to have... another odd omission aside from the removable ammo packs, which I hope the new GM re-implements.