Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Water slides of the RG Decals exist IIRC

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    almost finished my first Gundam kit in years a MG Rx-78-2 ver3.0 Really loved building this and using the Gundam Markers I picked up at the same time.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

They're cool, I'm glad I got one, but now, having built one I can definitely say they aren't for me :) 

Yeah I was pretty well committed by the time pics came out, and had that exact same feeling of being torn, and yeah it's way off, but, (and I know how cliché this sounds) it looks better in person

Here are a couple of pics, I haven't decided if I want to even bother with stickers or even panel lining yet, so it's more or less straight out of the box what you see is what you get

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worst part is, the decade old HGs face looks waaaaay better

[​IMG]

A perfect example of of why they shouldn't make the face plate vents go all the way through on 1:144 kits

If you want me to take any more pics to help you come to a decision let me know :D 

Oh I'm sure there are, but they aren't included in the base kit

Attached Files:

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Built my first model in months, man this feels good.

5. ACMagnus

ACMagnus #Onettboyz

News Credits:
    Which one?

On a different note, my local Japanese market has the HG IBO Kits for $11 each, and I got the Barbatos without hesitation. It's honestly one of my favorite HG kits in recent memory.

6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I honestly can't predict when my local stores will stock IBO kits. Tate's in particular has a really weird restocking method; recent kits like Lightning Zeta got mixed in with the HG Mechanics kits of the GP03 and Neue Ziel. And it's not just them; Maniacs Hobby in Plantation also ended up with the HG Mechanics kits too. Is that Diamond sending them weird stuff or some other distributor? I'll have to remember to ask the next time I'm in there.

Bought and built the Forever Gundam from Beginners. The backpack parts need a little work since the arms are pre-Build Fighters designs, but I love that it comes with the parts (plus a couple extra polycaps) to switch everything out and make a regular RX-78.

7. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Looks good man. One of my favorite MG kits that I have recently built. The hands look out of proportion in pics, but they don't look that bad in person.

Yeah I totally get it. RGs aren't for everyone. When they first came out, I thought that this would be the future and I would only stick to that line, but didn't like how fragile they are. It is still a cool concept though which I am sure they are going to perfect later down the line as more kits come out. But I will stick with MGs for my main fix.

What did you build?

8. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

Same here, I'll probably still cherry pick RG releases occasionally, there was never really a thought in my mind that RG would supplant MG in my collection, as I've always been a 1:100 scale junkie, but I still like building something different from time to time

Dem knees, they're atrocious

what the hell were they thinking?

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Vulcan effect parts are also kinda odd looking. Less "bursty" like what you normally see with such effect parts. Just kinda wobbly, like they're trying (but failing) to represent The Matrix's bullet time effects.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HGUC Guncannon Revive version.

The Revive is a really good idea for those first gen HG Models.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, all Forever Gundam really is amounts to a slightly different coloration on the V.30th HGUC Gundam kit with the extra armor and funnel backpack part sprues added in.

The way the effects are sculpted look more like rockets than bullet shells, at least to me. Some paint would really sell that idea, too...

14. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Builder

I'm totally in love with this new RX-78. I like the new swiveling post for the legs. It makes better sense than the rotating plate they built into the Nu Gundam Ver Ka because it doesn't affect the natural rotation.

Got to wonder if we'll see them reissue the Version 3.0's add-on kit for the LED unit, unless they go with a stand alone "yellow" diode.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it was rocket smoke they were going for, then they should have done it as per the MG Gyan and Acguy, then. This doesn't really look like anything so much as a shiv made of gelatin.

16. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Only thing i dislike about the new RX is the knees. They just kind of flop off. I feel that its probably like that for some upgrade parts in the future. AKA space equipment.

17. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Hmm yeah don't know why they couldn't split the knees on the RX 78-2. It seems very odd to have so much just hanging off when the knee if fully bent. The effect parts remind me of yellow rock candy or something. And I still font know how I feel about the shoulder mounted cannon. But everything else looks aces.

Nice. Are the legs hollow like the old kits or properly filled in?

18. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Double post, but got in the The Origin HG Mobile worker. Disappointed by change in color. Went from red to orange. If they were trying to go for a safety orange, I think yellow would have been a better choice in color. Also received the Cathedral Gundam as well and was surprised it came with a tiny stand. Wish more kits came with stands like this one.

19. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

That's an extra incentive to wait for the blue version.

20. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Bought some of these to use for my Portent. Should look nice.

Attached Files: