Lets make a pact right now...NO CLAPPING during the movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I don't mind if people clap at the end of the film. I will admit, it does become irritating when they cheer and clap loudly during a pivotal scene or something awesome.

This is why I decided to start watching movies like this at the Drive-In. I can watch and listen in peace.

Theaters are overrated, really.

2. Capovin

Capovin Well-Known Member

To be honest I think the clapping adds to the experience. I don't really clap, but I like it when other people do, it's part of the movie-going experience. How bout you just wait till it comes out on dvd? Since you obviously want to be alone when you watch the movie.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Everyone cheered and clapped through out the movie and nobody was bothered by it. Get over yourself dude, Im clapping and hollering all over again!

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    when i saw TF1 at botcon with everybody all the clapping and cheers was kinda expected and definitely added to the experience

i think in that instance it was alright. it was definitely a memorable experience. i mean, first live action transformers movie ever? seeing optimus transform for the first time? hearing peter cullens voice again? i didnt have the guts to clap or anything but i was grinning ear to ear. it was awesome

not like there wasnt other opportunities to see it again and concentrate more on the movie. it was just fun

5. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

laughing is an involuntary response, you cant really blame someone for that, plus when someone laughs in a movie its because the writers/actors/director designed the scene to be funny. No writer/actor/director is thinking "hey, will this get the audience to clap?"

laughing and clapping in a movie theater are two very different things.

Comedy is a genre of film...applause is not

thats like me deciding that i WILL be using my cell phone in the theater, makes no sense. Why would someone deliberately go out of thier way to annoy everyone around them?

why should i have to wait for the dvd or torrent? Im the one who will be watching the movie in a respectful manor. Im not going to be the one making unnecesary noises...its the ones who cant control themselves that need to stay home since they have the problem....

think of it this way. If you went out to dinner with your wife and kids and the people next to you kept speaking out swearing and being obnoxious would it be ok for the manager to tell you that maybe you shoudlnt have went out to eat tonight when you complained about them?

im willing to bet that there was a lot more people annoyed by it then you think...people arent going to express thier dislike of someone clapping out loud because we know that these people dont know that what they are doing is wrong. A lot of people dont even realize that the clapping is considered bad movie theater ettiquette so they keep to themselves none the wiser...

6. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

thats a lil diff...i mean it was at bot con....it should be accepted that everyone there are huge fans....in a public theater setting though this is not the case....no where near the case

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    it's the experience of watching a movie with several more people that have the same interests as you. I go to the movies A LOT I hate when people use phones/text/talk loudly etc. It is different though when you are with a lot of fans of the same thing and when everyone is excited it is a great feeling.

I can tell you that when I saw the first movie the first time during a few parts the audience, and yes I mean almost the entire audience was clapping and cheering, it was great.

Sounds like you need to lighten up some, also you act like you aren't going to see the movie more than once lol

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Agreed. It's no big deal. People clapped during the new Friday the 13th movie too. I personally don't care about that sort of thing.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    i hate when people clap durring a movie. the people who made it dont want to hear applause. they want to hear. CHA CHING. i hate clapping.

10. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, when I went to see the first movie for the first time, it was at the showing the day before the initial release. The theatre was packed and everythig you all have mentioned happened: clapping, laughing and hell a couple of people had the prime helmet on! It was awesome and didn't bother any of us, hell I clapped in all of the parts you mentioned, LOL
    Maybe go see it early on a Monday or something...

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I'm sorry, but I can't promise no "Woo!" if they actually let Arcee do something cool.

Or if the Osprey/Springer is actually in the film and does something action hero-y.

Or when Shia LeBouf is brutalized by Decepticons...I just don't like him for some reason.

- Coeloptera

12. Capovin

I've got a couple of problems with your reasoning. First of all its Transformers, not the godfather, this isn't a quiet dinner, it's medieval times. And the writer/director/producer/actors DO actually intend to get applause from scenes, that's part of the reason they put a lot of G1 references in, a lot of action movies do direct for applause. Directors love it when they're watching their movie with an audience and people are clapping at every cool thing believe me.

I've actually never heard that clapping was considered bad theater ettiquette, but I'll take your word for it.

I'll give you some advice though, midnight showings WILL have clapping audience members, as well as all opening day and night. I suggest you go maybe a week after it's released on a tuesday afternoon.

13. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Since didn't see TF1 in theatres(wasn't into TF again at the time), you can bet I'll be clapping during TF2.
    That's what makes seeing a midnight/opening day showing so much fun, being around the fans and in the moment. Don't like the clapping, stay home or go to a later showing.

14. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

yeah i hate ppl who do that im all like...GOD DAMNIT YOUR NOT IN YOUR FUCKING LIVING ROOM OR YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENT STOP IT STOOOP STOP IT NOW BEFORE I CUT OF YOUR SERVOS AND BEAT YOU TO A PULP!!!....:ev: *takes a deep breath*...yeah no clapping man i agree...:redface2: 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    slow clap. starting during opening credits. not stopping until I get in the car after the movie.

just to spite you.

:p 

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah, clapping during or at the end of a film is generally irritating...but to be honest i clapped with everyone else when Optimus transformed for the first time. and it was epic.

17. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    who claps at movies anyway? it makes no sense...

18. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I promise nothing...:p 

19. Capovin

Well the clap a whole lot where I'm from.

20. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Oh hell no. The last time I made a pact I ended up engaged to a woman I couldn't stand.

Toxic envelops won't help me here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.