Lets Hope That TF3 Has Some Humor.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazzmatic Prime, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

Remember when Michael Bay said that Dark Of The Moon wouldn't have any more goofy humor? well lets hope it has some humor, but in a more serious kind of way...like in Star Wars Episode IV when Han Solo would make a "Witty" remark? Ex. When Han and Chewy fall into the Death Star's garbage pit and Han says, "WOW Chewy...What a incredible smell you discovered!" I would love something like that to happen in DOTM. Not the garbage scene in particular, but the type of sarcastic, witty humor that Star Wars Episode IV, V, and VI brought.

What do you think? would you like sarcastic witty humor, the stupid goofy humor found in ROTF, or no humor at all and make it a serious movie?

2. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

yea that's the kind of humor Bay should put in the movies. Not the stupid nasty kinda stuff a 7 year old would find funny.

3. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    If it fit the dituation, then that kind of humor would be good.if it doesnt, then no humor at all.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Witty humour by the Transformers is good.

But there's something telling me that this movie will be too serious [probably won't, but I get this feeling] and dark.

5. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

well as long as the Twins don't act like Gansta's, and Shia LaBeouf acts a little more mature, we'll should be ok...but this is bay where talking about...

6. Overlord Balder

The Twins are LARGELY misunderstood, but I won't go into that topic.

Point is: Michael Bay seems to have realized that people DON'T. LIKE the Twins, probably they will be background characters or more mature ones.

And Shia Labeouf acting mature contratics the laws of reality.

7. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    As long as I don't have to look at John Turturro's junk again, and as long as no robots have balls, I think I can handle it. I would really like to see these movies be a bit more serious. Like, I know we'll never get "Dark Knight" serious, but maybe some awkward funny, instead of downright vulgar or kiddish (like the scene in the elevator with Hal Sparks in "Spider-Man 2" or something).

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Michael Bay is full of shit.

9. Overlord Balder

Well, apparently, John Turturro isn't on the movie [at least I think so, I have not heard from him since the start of DOTM]

A "Dark Night"-esque serious or Too serious Transformer would be shot in the dark: These Live-action movies are made to be fun, a too serious movie could either be interesting or make the movie lose the charm [Like if Pirates of the Caribbean 4 had a deep, three-hours long drama...].

On the humour, I would like something on the line of Pirates of the Caribbean.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    hell yeah!

12. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want smart humor...anyone old enough to remember the kind of humor the Simpson's had back in the early 90's??!....that was smart humor.

Now it's just f**king dumb! - ROTF dumb!

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I hope it doesn't have ANY humor AT ALL.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Transformers has always had humor, but it wasn't completely RETARDED like ROTF. I just hope they have some humor, but not the stupid garbage they had in ROTF. Robot testicles? Really?

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    That was posted a long time ago. In recent interviews, Bay constantly tries to prove how this movie will be better than ROTF in the sense there won't be so much humor, a rushed script, etc.

Ahhh, the good ol' days of the Simpsons, back when I used to anticipate waiting every sunday for an episode. :( 

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Damnit i want actually fun witty humour, hell some of the most serious films like Terminator 2, had some of the funniest lines of dialogue and scenes ever.

Hell i'd even settle for T3 humour for TF3.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Look at the history of action films. Every action film has some form of humor in it even if it ends up being a dry humor. Humor is an important tool for controlling the tone because a 100% serious action film would be too repressive for anyone to watch. Even a dark action film like Defiance based on a serious topic worked in humor.

So as an experienced action director Bay knows an action film needs some humor. I'm sure the writer knows this as well.

There are lots of forms of humor though. I think Bay was saying that he was dropping the stupid goofy humor but did not mean the film would not have any shred of humor at all.

18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm all for comic relief, especially dry, dark humor. Just keep the stereotypical "appeal to the lowest common denominator college kid" nonsense that Leo brought to ROTF out.

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Turturro is in the Film, he was Spotted in Set Multiple Times

20. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Comedy is what ruined ROTF for me anyway. I don't mind comedy as long as isn't just plain stupid. Now the whole Bumblebee, Sam and Alice scene that was funny. Wheelie humping and Devastator's "wrecking balls" are not.