Lets help Michael Bay for tranformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Jun 25, 2009.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

Maybe we can all get start a collection to get the "more than meets the eyes" guide books for Bay to read durring his "break" from transformers. I was reading through mine, and there are some characters from the history of transformers that would have translated so well onto the big screen. Clearly, he needs some ideas on how to give the transformers, THE SUPPOSED MAIN CHARACTERS, some real personality. Seriously, Wall-E had more character development and he didn't even talk.

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    We need Bay on this site NAO. I think this a good idea.

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Im on the this bandwagon too, but I honestly dont think Bay has the humility or the capacity to understand anything of substance.

Quote from Southpark

"(Bay) We'll have an 18 wheeler come in and Vrrrooom! Then a jet will fly over and SWOOOSH! into a Dynamite Factory KABLOOOM!!! (General) That is not plot, those are special effects. (Bay) I dont understand the difference. (General) I know you dont. Get this guy outta here!"

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    He is absolutely not interested in listening to fans. Just watch an interview with him. If he cared, he would have listened for RoTF. He changed all the Transformers' appearances because the G1 versions look "too boxy". You think he cares what we want?

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    They do.

I much prefer the look of the movieverse bots to the look of G1 bots, especially in a real world context.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I question your sanity but to each their own.

7. roy_flagg00

don't get side tracked. this is not about the designs. this is about the personality and characterisation. If you read the bios, they are great templates for characters that would be genuinly interesting to watch.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I don't see how design has nothing to do with it. Once you get far enough away from the original product that you have "in name only" Transformers, why isn't that a reason to want better?

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    He is talking about making movie better,more characterization, more dramas. And he is not talking about Designs. You're just trying to make an excuse to complain the designs.

10. roy_flagg00

it took me time to get used to the designs as well. they are what they are, and there is little chance of changing that. Me personally, I am waiting for a Gobots movie for designs I might like better. that being said, I still think there is hope to at least get some good personalities onscreen, and those guides are a treasure trove of cool characters.

11. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Says the guy with a Beast Wars character signature. THOSE are Transformers "in name only", dude! Beast Wars aren't Transformers, how dare you like them!

12. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Do you feel Bay is a bad director?? What is it that can be done to fix the problems?

13. roy_flagg00

bad?
    I talked to a guy yesterday who loved the movie, but even he admited that the plot was shite and he was extremely disapointed that the newly introduced characters were not more developed.

an idea? perhaps after prime "died" we could have seen the autobots argue over leadership maybe?
    look at that. off the top of my head I came up with something better than they did in two years.

14. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    We could do that. But I'd prefer us not to.

I mean, I feel if we continually take that approach we'll just end up recycling the 1980s ad nausea.

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think its horrible that much like all of us we had to "get used to" the designs and his direction of the movies.

But listen folks Michael Bay is not interested in doing anything we want. Not to say he cant stumble across a similar idea but we definately are not going to sway him. Unless hasbro gets pannicky and has him change things like Meg's head. Which rumor is he is still pissed about. He wanted Meg's to be closer to animal in instict of something like that.

In all seriousness the best thing for the movie franchise is not for us to help him but for him to get fired from his job. He should not be doing any movie and especially not ones based off someone elses ideas or stories cause he ll just murder them with his own brand of cinema.

I only need to point to pearl harbor that movie was an ACTION movie based on one of the darkest days in US history. An action movie wtf he glorified and changed the context of everything that happened he had Vets so pissed off its amazing he continues to get work. He clearly has no respect for his subject matters or any understanding of them

Im hoping for a TF3 with a good director cause he is a horrible director so lets not help him with anything

16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    You know it's undergrateful people like you that don't even deserve Transformers.

Get him fired? A sound plan Einstein.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Japanese Beast Wars is a comedy. I'm not going to actually defend it. Note that the picture says "Gangstas".

But if you're saying "How dare someone like ANY Beast Wars", well then something's wrong with you.

18. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Well, you deserve more 2 1/2 hour slo mo explosion movies. Transformers fans deserve a movie about Transformers, not Megan Fox's collagen and uninteresting soldiers barking nonsense while things blow up. Typical that "Animated fails" according to your signature. Fails at what, being terrible?

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Problem is Bay doesn't listen to anyone that's not more powerful than him or that isn't a Yes Person.

I know Bay likes to think that critics are just mean people but they have tried to help the guy with pointing out what was strong and what was weak about his films but instead of looking at constructive criticism he just ignores all his critics. So someone would have to convince him that people aren't out to get him when it comes to movie reviews.

I think he also needs to get rid of the Yes People and hire some people with the balls to say I'm sorry boss but that's a bad idea. It's like everything ends up in his films instead of things getting cut that need to get cut because no one will telling anything but that's brilliant boss or that's perfect.

To help Bay would require him to get off his high horse long enough to examine his own faults as a director and after so many films I don't think he will do it. I mean heck that story about him upset about the promotion of Revenge of the Fallen sounded far too much like how how he blamed the ads on The Island instead of saying the buck stops here.

I wish you luck on improving Bay because he could be way up there on the list of great directors with just a few improvements but I never see him getting humble enough to change.

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, as long as his films gross a gajillion dollars, he will see no reason to change, and no Hollywood executive is going to tell him to change either. If the lowest common denominator of films makes a pile of cash, you can bet that films like it will continue to be made.