Let's get this deaths head figure made in heroclix!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by phantomfharlock, Sep 23, 2012.

1. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

Hey gang, we always gripe about how we want the smaller characters to get made... If you know about the game heroclix, its a comic themed miniatures game based in the marvel and dc pantheons, and they're running a contest for a character to be made into a new clix. The voting started a couple weeks ago, but this is the final round of votes.

It would suck to see deaths head lose to a female ghost rider or sleepwalker in popularity, wouldn't it? This is probably the best chance I've ever heard of to get a licensed TF character like this.

The third (and final) round of voting closes on Thursday, September 27th, 2012.

Marvel HeroClix Fan Vote - 3rd Round - HeroClix by Wizkids Games

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    As I said in the thread over on HCrealms, this top three is no lose for me. Alejandra Blaze lets me complete my Circle of Four team, Death's Head fills the Transformers itch, but hot damn do I want me a Sleepwalker. I voted Sleepy (AND YOU SHOULD TOO!), but no matter who wins, I still get what I want. LOL.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Deaths Head even appear in a US comic?

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I hope this gets made, that way it can go to the marvel universe figure when it gets produced.

i still dream of the day we get a marvel legends one so it will go with classics transformers

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they make him, be better not be some sort of blind bag/exclusive kinda deal.

Also, it will mean he'll be around an inch tall? In which case he drops right into my MP collection, as a post 'tissue compression eliminator' encounter DH ;) 

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Death head is not a Liscensed TF Character. Death Head does not belong to hasbro or Takara. Death head is the sole property of Marvel comics. Death head doesn't even have Transformers origins. Death head exist in the Marvel comics universe & was a robot bounty hunter. Death head was in a few Marvel Transformers comics like spiderman was because all marvel comic titles exist in the same singular universe continuity family.

To be considered a liscensed TF character it needs to be owned by Hasbro & it needs to have spark origins That came from Cybertron.

Simon furman stated several times in on-line interviews,books & at conventions. That whenever he created newer human characters & placed them in the Marvel TF comics. If Simon really liked those characters he did everything he could to keep them out of Hasbro's liscense hands. The Trick Simon furman & other marvel comics guys did was make death head,the Neo Knights & Circuit breaker appear in a few other marvel comics issues in the debut's that weren't transformers comics. getting their debut in another marvel comic first meant Hasbro couldn't try to claim rights to them nor did they belong to hasbro or takara.

Regarding those heroclix one inch figures,I was never a fan of them.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm more interested in the marvel universe figure that's scheduled to come out next year....

8. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

This round seems to have many voters yes? I bet you can guess who I voted for in round 2 yes? So round 3's a no brainer for me eh?

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    WRONG. He was created by Simon Furman to be a throwaway character for Transformers. After the character was designed, it was decided that Death's Head had potential and a one-page strip featuring him was rushed into other Marvel books prior to his TF debut so Marvel would hold his trademark.

So, Unicron and all the human characters aren't licensed?

Holy crap, dude. Learn sentence structure.

10. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

Yes?

So then those PVC humans in the prime gift sets of the earth kids aren't really transformers characters cause they don't have sparks. Gotcha. Hear that, third party folk?

I'm glad to see you're such a positive sort too.

But you know what kid sunshine? There are probably a few folk in the tf camp who might like heroclix just as much as you, but who MIGHT like to own a little plastic toy of a character from their stories and all were doing is helping them get the chance to vote.

11. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I am going to blow your mind!!!!!!

Deathshead has crossed over in Transformers and Doctor Who comics - that means Transformers and Doctor Who are in the same world. There are heaps ofDoctod Who figures and they all belong in you collection!

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Octus says hi

Octus (G1) - Transformers Wiki

13. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Actually, when he went through the vortex in his last TF appearance he left the Transformers universe and entered the 616 universe, where he crashed into the Tardis. So, while the Whoniverse may be part of 616, Marvel's Transformers happened elsewhere in the Marvel multiverse.

Now, you could always take this with a grain of salt since it came from The Incomplete Death's Head, which was a miniseries of reprints guest-starring that crap-written imposter Death's Head II.

14. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I am by no means a comic expert, but back in the 90's I had a comic that featured both the 7th doctor and Deathshead. It was in black and white and I can't really remember the plot. It does not sound like what you describe. Any links?

15. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    That was Doctor Who Magazine #135. It was his first appearance after leaving the Transformers universe, and the comic I described.