lets finally settle this....all fans opinion and poll on rotf

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gregles, Jan 26, 2012.

?

Q1)How would you rate rotf Q2)do you consider it offensive

1. 1

20 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. 2

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. 3

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. 4

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. 5

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. 6

22 vote(s)
    15.1%
  7. 7

26 vote(s)
    17.8%
  8. 8

18 vote(s)
    12.3%
  9. 9

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  11. Q2) yes I consider it racist

23 vote(s)
    15.8%
  12. Q2) yes I consider it sexist

19 vote(s)
    13.0%
  13. Q2) no, not at all

87 vote(s)
    59.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I know this should technically be in movie discussion but I wan't to get all transformer fans opinions on this . rotf has been the one the most divisive things in transformers ever, I have seen people bring it up in unrelated threads in all the different sections of this site and before we know it an argument has started. so lets settle and try and accept each others opinions

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to say around 4 I'm afraid. It had it's moments but has much dissapointment all over it for me.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    What year is it? Where is the vote for "2009 was ages ago".

Edit: The year never stops me debating the 1986 movie, so horses for courses. Ignore my post.

To answer your question, it was only offensive to plot and structure, but this was the fault of Hollywood writers strike, the fact the movie even started filming when it did was impressive.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I give it a 2, and no, it was absolutely NOT racist or sexist. Anybody who thinks it is, was looking for any hint at racism/sexism, and when you're looking for stuff like that, you tend to see it where it does not exist.

5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I give it a 7. Personally I loved it, but there was so much that could be completely removed from the movie to make it better.

No, it wasn't racist or sexist

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I thoroughly enjoy Jetfire, Doc Scalpel, Devastator's combination, the Twins, and the TF action sequences, but fast-forward through most the human stuff. Typical popcorn flick but with enough memorable stuff I actually want to remember it, so I'll give it a 6.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Look, if 4 years of discussions of varying quality couldn't settle things, a poll ain't gonna do much.

Including separate questions in your poll is only going to muddy the results as well.

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I gave it a 9 cause I really liked the movie. I just need to buy the last 1 released recently on dvd.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I rate ROTF as a 5 -- it has some good moments, but it could have been much better.

I don't think the movie is sexist or racist, but... ugh, like I said, the movie could have been much better... as in, not having some of the so-called humor in it (dogs humping, Sam's mom eating pot brownies, Devastator's balls, Simmons wearing a thong), a more coherent story/plot, and not having those Twins take up a lot of screen time.

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    7/10. Not the worst movie ever made, but it certainly could have been better. Ultimately, I enjoyed it and that is what matters to me.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It's a four. Also, I didn't rate on the offensive part. I did not consider it racist, or sexist, but I did consider it offensive as it offended my intelligence.

ROTF is just a big slog through a load of nonsense to get to what you came for. The robot fights are spectacular as usual, but everything in between is offensive, lame, and just lacks the intelligence of TF1. TF1 will always be the best movie, and instead of aspiring to be like the last movie and be BETTER, they should look at the entire trilogy as a WHOLE.

12. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

The last time I got offended by watching something on tv or film was watching Jacques Parizeau give his losing speech during the last referendum.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's a three; the plot's a mess, the characters are flat as hell, and the entire thing fails at pretty much everything it tries.

And Michael Bay has no idea how to direct black people that aren't stereotypes or women that aren't just eye candy.

14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I hated it originally but it grew on me. The comic book tie ins made me want to give it another chance.

Simmons was the worst thing in the first film but they redeemed him a bit in ROTF.

It's a pity they did the opposite with Sam's parents. Loved them in the first but they just added to the silliness.

They should have brought back the hilarious Anthony Anderson. The guy playing Leo should never be seen on a screen again.

Only problem I had with the Twins was the stupid faces and buckteeth.

More Sideswipe, Jolt, Ratchet and the Arcee triplets would have been nice.

15. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

7/10 It wasn't that bad, it could have been a lot worse (and that's saying something). But I found the stereotype that the Twins portrayed to be very racist and I found them annoying and very obnoxious. They can create comic relief without going to the extreme that they did with the Twins. Brains and Wheelie are an excellent example of how you can do that. I'm glad they were not in DOTM.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    6/10, not offensive at all.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yep, that describes me, as well.

And one thing I do have to say is that the movie was a lot better than I'd been led to believe by complainy fans. I didn't even bother watching it in the theater, because I thought, "Worse than the first one?! NO THANKS." And when I finally did get around to seeing it on blu-ray years later, I was expecting MUCH worse than it actually ended up being.

18. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

9/10, it was an awesome movie overall. As for complaints about it being a racist, sexist movie, we wouldn't have that problem if Hasbro didn't hire Michael Bay to do the movie.

19. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gave it a three. Some action scenes were good, and there were some really funny parts, but for the most part, it was pretty bad. I don't think the film self is racist or sexist, but the Twins were kind of borderline, and with all the blatant fanservice shots, they could've treated women better.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I gave it a six. Three points for the forest battle, three points for Jetfire.