Lets face it 'they'll be Naysayers and Hatesayers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, Aug 21, 2006.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

For every 10 opinions they'll be like 3 or 4 dissidents ,shall we say!! . I myself was one of them and made the 180 turn after looking the pics of Prime ,Bumblebee and Blackout. I made that 180 turn in opinion after seeing Blackout specifically. Now it's still 10 months 1/2 for the movie's premier. It could be a good movie? , It could be a bad movie ? But wait until then to see the movie ,then critizise ,dammit!!. I know 1/2 of the hatesayers are loyal TF-G1 fans the other 1/2 are are just those " it's a Hollywood remade of something ". My opinion is wait then formulate your opinions. Like Don Murphy had said in his recently letter to all the Haters not even he got what he wanted for the movie. Lets all wait to see what we got ........................................................and look at the bright side , It isn't from the guy who directed Lady in the Water. HA!!!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Good luck with all that. I agree with you, but trying to tell this fanbase not to bitch and whine about stuff is like screaming at a brick wall.

It doesn't matter that the movie isn't finalized yet, if people hate it, they hate it and will let the rest of us know whether we care or not.

3. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

No point in telling people not to whine. Whining tends to make the 'disgruntled' fan feel better. You're better off responding to their complaints with well-thought out constructive criticism. They may read it, or they may not. Some of them may change opinions (that has happened to me in cases where I was whiner), some of them refuse to change their opinion.

Think of it as an excercise in calming down upset people - a useful skill to have if tested.

Hey, I'm grateful that there are so many positive and openminded people here. Even on the most negative threads, I've seen a lot of well-structured arguments. Be greatful for small mercies :) 

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    People will always complain about everything. I'm now convinced that's why the internet was invented. XD

That's why I'm kind of glad to hear that Soundwave (or at least his namesake) won't be popping up in the movie. Sure, I hear a lot of whining that he's not in it, but I think it's better than people complaining how they didn't get him 'right.'

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They say there is no pleasing some people, and that is all too true. Enjoy it for what it will be - entertainment featuring a new take on Transformers.

6. Alareth

Alareth Member

We're fans. It's our job to be hypercritical about unfounded rumors and hearsay.

For example, there are a large group of people who seem to think the next Star Trek movie with cause the universe to implode...

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    You’re never going to able to make every one happy. If they make it all G1 looking them people who hate G1 would flip there top.

Now I’m a G1 guy, and I’m not happy about everything I’m seeing/ reading about the movie but I also know no matter how hard I freak out about it nothing is going to change. All I can do is go to see the movie when it comes out or not. Bottom line (for me) it’s way too soon to make any final decision about the movie.

8. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I reckon going off and bullying Don Murphy et al is rather immature.
    Posting on his boards in a mannered manner what you don't like the ound of, what you'd like to see etc is fine IMO, but not the infamous "raping my childhood" style posts.

Me, I was all "this might be interesting, I can't wait" and now I've seen the TFs and I'm "wow. Can't wait".

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    My childhood was asking for it, you should have seen the way it was dressed.

10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    :lol 

My advice is to ignore the naysayers, they aren't going anywhere. I have said negative things as well (Mostly how the designs are far too busy looking) and I am entitled to do so, but I still respect those whose opinions differ from mine.

We all just have to wait and see. Either it will be widely regarded as a great movie, or it will be another Catwoman. I don't see anything in between with the fans.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'M GONNA BE A NAYSAYER AND HATESAYER UNTIL THE DAY I DIE! ROCK AND F***IN' ROLL! TASTE MY NAYSAYING POWOR! (cue thrash riffs)

I like your new avatar, MegaMoonMan.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Thanks! Murderface rulez!!!!11!

13. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

If you label them "Naysayers", you're doing the same thing you're accusing them of. By bashing them for their opinions, you're whining and bitching too.

As long as people lay out their opinions in a logical and hopefully constructive way, what's wrong with expressing that they don't like something?

If people are only allowed to say they like things, we'll never get an honest conversation going.