lets face it the movie story is horrible

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SSR, Jul 1, 2011.

1. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its 90% human crap to appeal to the non transformers fans. But us Transformer fans for the most part cant stand the fact that we know more about Mojo, Sam, Mikaela, Carly, The mom and dad, Lennox, and Eps. Ask yourself if you know anything about the autobots or decepticons outside the main plot of the human story and your answer is a resounding No. This movie franchise needs to be buried with a dumptruck and ten tons of landfill, or someone with designs on writing an actual movie based on TRANSFORMERS and not humans (Spielberg is to blame for this). The action is great, dont get me wrong. If Bay could direct another movie just the action part only I think it would be a big hit provided that there was an actual storyline revolving around the Transformers.

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Deal with it. They're not gonna go back and change it now.

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Thank you, GFH.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I like the franchise. Not horrible.

5. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We're never going to get a film with 90 percent bots.

The second you translate something into live action you've already lost a lot of the regular people out there.

And regardless of whether or not it sucks that these films have to appease the masses too, its a reality of making them.

These movies cost SOOOOO much money. The product placement helps get them made. The appealing to the mainstream helps get that money back so they can continue to make more.

Look at 90 percent of the reviews, complaining the bots aren't human enough or have too much screen time. Sadly the mainstream wants everything to be something they can easily relate to and connect with.

It takes a little work and understanding to understand a species so radically different as a race of sentient machines that transform. And let's face it, humans can barely understand each other and you expect them to connect with a bunch of robots for two hours?

They won't. The filmmakers know that, so doing the film we'd all KILL to see (figuratively speaking) wouldn't make the money required to recoup expenses, let alone justify making more.

And I hate that. But it is what it is.

What I think they could do is focus on at least writing the Robots BETTER so maybe people can connect with them. C-3P0 and R2-D2 are beloved characters, but they're also silly and therefore not taxing on the average human viewer to connect to. Humans can always excuse things they can write off as silly, just like they can all love Wall-E as a cartoon, but the second you make that many robots onscreen realistic and ask the audience to get on board, they can't.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Have you seen DOTM? The titular robots are FAR more involved in that movie, let me tell you.

And why don't you like Epps or Lennox? In my opinion they are the BEST human characters because they're able to kick giant robot ass and not be annoying in some way.

7. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the Wreckers got that covered :D 

8. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Its called economics and finance.....unless us fanboys have 800+ million to shell out, what we demand ain't gonna be supplied.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    what do you expect. I could have told you this back in 06. It is supposed to appeal to the reguler consumers but still have bits in it to appeal to the TF dorks.

you will NEVER get a movie with a story to around the transformers unless it is a anime alal 1986. Get over it .

10. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

Deal w it and there is no bad .. it great movie only revenge of the fallne is really ok DOTM and the movie still epic

11. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so lets follow this logic...

So you want a movie that appeals to ONLY transformer fans, therefore increasing the CGI and other effects 90% higher (your number), costing oh, I don't know, at least double or triple the $195 million (not sure if that number is right....regardless, its a heck of a lot of money!) the movie already cost to appeal to less people? I could be wrong, but I am willing to guess that transformers fans take up less than 5% of the general population, and thats being generous. I would say that 50-80% of the moviegoers are not TF fanatics like we are.

12. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Exactly

13. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about? 800 million? Please. DOTM cost 195 million and thats inflated. These movies could easily be made. Pixar has to animate EVERYTHING in each shot. Live action and CGI is much easier and less time consuming with proper direction and storyboarding. All it takes is a real PASSION to do it right. If Bay cared half as much about the Transformers as he does explosions and shaky cam, these movies would be better. I have no idea what Spielberg was hoping for by asking Bay. Bay clearly didnt care 'cause Transformers isnt MAN enough for him. Once Bay said "im not doing that", i wouldnt have approached his Poser Ass again.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^ You have zero idea of what you're talking about. There's a HUGE difference between animating a whole movie with its own aesthetic vs. making a live action film with photorealistic effects. Also, DOTM cost 195 million, and I don't think you really understand what "inflated" means

15. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Well, truth be told the Bay movies are indeed the worst kind of mindless drivel. I don't care if they made 500 billion dollars it will never change that those films will always be regarded as pure garbage by everyone but a bunch of pandering fanboys or maybe fraternity types who can't get enough cheesy douche-humor. Deal with that. :lol 

16. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

If they didn't put the humans in like they did, no one outside of the hardcore fan base would have connected to the movies like they did. Would we really want that?

17. RzaSharp

155- was a typo on my part....Inflated means the dollars are worth less than they once were (value for spending is lessened), meaning you have to spend more to get the same. Also, as far as locations go, They arent going to get the same tax breaks they once did because most cities in the US cant afford that anymore.

18. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stop trolling and watch this:
    Amazon.com: The Transformers - The Movie (20th Anniversary Special Edition): Norman Alden, Jack Angel, Michael Bell, Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Arthur Burghardt, Corey Burton, Roger C. Carmel, Victor Caroli, Regis Cordic, Scatman Crothers, Peter Cullen

Problem solved!

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's because of people like you who said this that I was majorly disappointed with how little they were in it.

Are they better used? Definitely. But come on people, let's be honest here, it's still nowhere near what it should be. The time should be split evenly, the focus needs to be on both, not just mostly the humans with the bots standing around as side characters. I bought the reason back in 2007, but now that it's 4 years later, there really isn't an excuse anymore.

Just think of how much better this movie would have been if we got one or two scenes with Bumblebee and Quejack interacting, so that his shocking death gets even more weight, or Optimus lamenting over Ironhide's death, or actual character moments for Shockwave and an actual fight between him and Optimus, or hell, how about showing how the damn group got captured by those cons? Things that even felt like they were supposed to be in, but got cut, most likely because the 3D ate into the budget? You wouldn't even need to make the movie longer, just trim some of the human scenes, only a few minutes, and replace it with that.

I'm also starting to find it a bit ironic that the critics realize that more robot scenes would help a lot, but that most of the fans keep doing the whole "THAT WOULDNT HAVE WORKED" routine and come across like they don't want more of what makes the franchise great. Here's a hint folks: It's not just robots beating the shit out of each other. And before anyone breaks out the "It's based on a toy franchise and can't be anything more than mindless fun" card: It can.

20. RzaSharp

This