Let's clear this up once and for all. The Ferrari is an A U T O B O T.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Albershide, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    More threads about the faction of the Ferrari need to be banned.

2. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Agreed. This is as bad as the SuperHero Hype forums were. Do we need OFFICIAL threads for every topic just to stop the redundent ones?

3. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    And to be fair, Wheelie was introduced as a Decepticon and was seen with both factions.

So, until the actual toy gets released, no one knows for sure. With any luck, the bio will clear things up.

4. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    ya i actually think we do half the topics are dumb, pointless and uncalled for.... make everything offical so we dont see this crap or have a mod approve the topic before it posts. i dunno.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
  6. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wikipedia =/= reliable source, especially in the case of movies and stuff where anybody can just run on and post whatever rumour/misconception is recent as fact.

8. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Wikipedia isn't a source for facts.

I suppose he could start out as a Dec and then switch to an Auto before the Chicargo battle.

9. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    in Empire magazine it says "on the Decepticons side, there is a ferrari that Bay has dubbed Dreadbox"

10. Santoanderson

By the sound of it Empire misquoted another interview done by Collider a few months ago which in itself may have been misquoted.

In the Collider interview Bay isn't talking about one car. He's pluralizing - talking about multiple vehicles. So it sounds like he says "I like the Ferrari, and I also like these Decepticon Dreads." Then Empire got a hold of the Collider interview and condensed it down to "I like the Ferrari, a Decepticon Dread."

Long story short, there's on-set video of the Ferrari being parked next to and driving in unison with other Autobots. Bay, when he first announced the Ferrari would be in the movie, said it was an Autobot. If the Ferrari was/is a spy (A potentially giant spoiler), I doubt Bay would let it be known in such a haphazard, confusing way.

All rhyme, reason, and common sense direct me toward the belief that the Ferrari is an Autobot - unfortunately rhyme, reason, and common sense are three adjectives never associated with Bay.

11. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you even bother to read the first post?

12. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Let's work on clearing this up once. Maybe then we can work on "for all."

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    How is it childish? Who is entitled to movie information? Is there some secret law that demands people be given accurate info or no quote at all? From all your comments it sounds more like you have a beef with Bay than any valid point about what he does/doesn't do.

Personally I could give a rat's ass what he says. Who cares, and why should you, when the answers will be given in the film? I don't see the big deal peeps.

14. Santoanderson

Intentionally and purposely lying to the fans, when a generous "No comment" would suffice, is childish to me. If I could best describe the visual of a misinformation campaign it would be Bay and Nelson hunched over a laptop giggling like a couple of school girls saying "No! Let's tell them Megatron ISN'T in the movie! TEEHEEHEE!"

And yes, I absolutely have a beef with Bay. He's a punchline in the industry. His good ideas included giving Devastator testicles, and turning alien robots into gold-toothed, racist stereotypes. He is a child, as is evident by the humor in the first two movies. When Spielberg made his first alien movie, he depicted those aliens as majestic, omniscient, and almost angelic figures. When Bay made his alien movie, he had one pee on John Turturro. Michael Bay is the directorial equivalent of Charlie Sheen.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Meh, I like the fact that his rumor control tactic is more frustrating than anything. It puts the collective fandom's entitlementality in its place.

16. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

I really like this double agent idea. Would really make me look forward to the Ferrari whoever he is

17. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    It's funny that the "punchline in the industry" was the highest earning director in 2009. Quite the punchline.

18. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Please explain how the Twins are racist? Yes they are a sterotype of teen males, but not racist. Heck they're not even painted black!

19. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

There are a ton of articles by professional writers already out there if you're inclined to do the research. I see no need to derail another thread.

20. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

I want him to be a DECEPTICON!!!! ...if he's an Autobot, I don't care, but why do they get all the sexy sports cars?