Let's clear this up once and for all. The Ferrari is an A U T O B O T.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Albershide, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe that a big movie magazine like Empire is quoting some unchecked sources and cause confusion in so many people out there.
    Obviously Empire's article about DOTM which will be released in April uses a quote about the Ferrari's identity from Colider which was soooo messed up. The exact quote is:

Colider: Did you have a favorite new car that you’re going to introduce?
    Bay: I think the Ferrari is interesting. I call him the Dreadbox. I don’t know what the toys are going to be called; I have my own name for these things. They’re pretty cool; they’re Decepticons. We have a new character, an Autobot, who can invent shit and fix stuff.

http://collider.com/michael-bay-interview-transformers-dark-moon-edit-bay-visit/63824/

You can immediately see that this sentence is all wrong. Here is how Michael answered IMO:

Colider: Did you have a favorite new car that you’re going to introduce?
    Bay: I think the Ferrari is interesting. Also we have some guys that I call the Dreadbox (the Dreads - black SUVs). I don’t know what the toys are going to be called; I have my own name for these things. They’re pretty cool; they’re Decepticons. We have a new character, an Autobot, who can invent shit and fix stuff.

By the way Nelson himself made a funny comment on the Colider writers which meant a lot. He said something like: "... this guys can't even spell Porsche right".

And just to support all my words here is what Michael said himself about the Ferrari 1 year ago:

"..... I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia."

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/foru...om-Michael-Bay&p=134058&viewfull=1#post134058

You don't just go to a charity and start spreading false rumors. Not to mention that all the time the Ferrari was spotted on set among the other Autobots.

So let's finally stop this speculation. The Ferrari is an AUTOBOT!
    And to all the writers on future DOTM articles. Please check before post!

2. 420bot

420bot ******

I don't believe anything til the movie hits.

3. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I don't give a **** anymore. I know Bay and Nelson are trying to play headgames with the fans, and they think it's clever and playful, but it's just frustrating and immature.

I'm sick of contradictory misinformation.

4. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or stupid writers interpretations.

5. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    They are doing the misinformation thing because so much was leaked in the past movies. We should be greatful for how much we have gotten from certain sources. Also if this was your movie would you want people to know EVERYTHING about your work? No that would ruin ticket sales. People see movies to figure stuff out and see the story unfold. Not go into it knowing everything prior. They are giving out false info to shut some people up from begging and to keep people satisfied and when we see things. It will blow our minds.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

I always thought it was good way to get people talking about a film that is months away, but your right, it really is damn immature.
    They could just be honest and people would still yap about it.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    *sigh* Don't you people realize what is going on? First we're told the Ferrari is an Autobot, and now a decepticon, this can mean only ONE thing:

The Ferrari is Punch/Counterpunch.

8. 420bot

420bot ******

Eh, you made a good point, but to bad all the info will always come out b4 the movie hits (in USA) no matter what, b/c its being released in other places first, not to mention the novel that comes out a month in advance.
    And really the toys give crap away too, I mean what if I dont wanna know that S Prime is in the movie, to bad cause heres a toy and a bunch of other crap you'd have to bury your head in sand not to see in advance.

9. 420bot

420bot ******

I hope your right.

10. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    It's so nice of Bay not to even clear things up and keep the misinformation slide. I pretty sure it's a Autobot with it's official announcement as Autobot at the press event.

Hopefully we'll get the toy details soon to clear this up.

11. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

the Ferrari is an autobot, every shot we've seen with him he's been with the Autobots, chicago, where bee got hit by the cop, the place with the shuttle, (dont remember the name) so, it would be illogical to have the ferrari to be a decepticon

12. Rodimus 75

Rodimus 75 This space for rent

he is called "dreadbox"! leader of the dreaded dreads! :rolleyes:  seriously, the 458 is about as much a 'con as bumble bee is.

13. 420bot

420bot ******

Seriously what if he is the secret dread leader in disguise, i mean for f sakes - ROBOTS IN DISGUISE means a hellluva lot more than just bots that have alt modes.
    Lets hope they dive deeper into that whole idea.

14. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

You'd think if the Ferrari really did switch sides half way through the movie, Bay would keep that information secret. It would be a defining character moment and a big-ass spoiler.

15. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    It's probably an Autobot. I could have sworn there was a picture somewhere that showed it with an Autobot symbol.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Maybe he is a Decepticon maybe with a different mode! Then he changes sides like Jetfire and Wheelie then chooses to scan a ferrari.

17. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Well then I will just be surpised when the movie comes if the Ferrari is a Autobot or not.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Would Ferrari even have allowed it to be in the film if it was a Decepticon?

19. 420bot

420bot ******

That's the best point in this thread, Ferrari are assholes who must approve everything before anything is decided upon, thus why it was so strange that even Mighty Bay could talk them into hoping on board with the movie.

Ferrari's slogan is : We're better than you poor fucker, and you need to know it.

20. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Maybe it's Drift. Probably not, but I can dream...
    also, I'm pretty sure I saw red eyes on his head. I hope he's a spy, maybe even Shockwave himself (Longarm?).

I really hate comments like this, there's nothing wrong with keeping movie info secret. We should be grateful for all the info we've already gotten. There's a reason leaked info is called leaked info, and it must be really annoying to Bay and co. when people get ahold of it.