Let's brainstorm custom combiners/teams

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, May 7, 2009.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

A while back, someone had a very cool idea for a combiner team comprised of sea/underwater vehicles. I think they were called the Nauticons and their combined form was Leviathan.

I would've loved seeing this fleshed out as a custom.

Anyway, what are some of your combiner ideas and themes?

2. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Which figures would go with this? Tidalwave comes to mind but he's comprised of drones.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I'd love to see that done. I have no idea who you'd use though. They'd all be pretty heavy mods though, except maybe the female speadboat from Cybertron(forgot her name).

I was throwing around my own idea, a new spin on an ld favorite of mine- Stealth Superion! I had 2 ideas with this, one classics style, one movie style, but I couldn't come up with an idea for all 5 bots for either of them since I want to keep them all Stealth jets, just not all the same ones

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I've actually been working on my own, called the Stratocons, havnt' got a name yet for the conbined mode.

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I've been cooking up two in my head for awhile. Both combine into animals.

The first could be a Scramble city type combiner that you rest on its back or front and pivot the parts so the cat/dog type stands on all fours.

Second is a snake. One head bot and his drones that combine to make a giant snake. I've no idea how it'd work.

I think they'd be a different spin on the subject.

6. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

double post

7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cometor might work well unless you use that as a name for one of the individual cons

personally I'd like to see an Autobot combiner out of British steam locos (they just look more aesthetically pleasing to me.)

4 tank engines Headshunt, Marshaller, Banker and Crowback, and their team leader Blastpipe out of the 9F class tender Locomotive (one of the most powerful Steam locomotive designs ever made in Britain, cos of this his transformation might be impossible to implement into toy form, worked out how it would happen but far too complex, if i ever made it i would reconsider the locomotive class to something more achievable like an LMS Black 5)

They'd all be goods locomotives with a great sense of duty if a little rough around the edges due to their work (Apart from Blastpipe who would be more gracious with his wording than his blunter speaking comrades)

Together they would form Pressuregauge one of the largest combining robots, and due to the location of steam powered pistons on his arms one of the strongest. Has the power to lift the likes of Menasor with ease and takes no greater pleasure than doing his job well no matter what it may be.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    So the autobots have Aerialbots, the Decepticons match them with an idea I am making reality quite soon...

9. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

One that I will never end up doing is to use Cybertron Prime and Evac to make a modern Battletrap. The idea would be to cut Evac down the middle and add connection points to the halves forming arms.

10. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Well, you all already know of my wip cross-continuity Computron and Abominus projects. Computron is more of a cross continuity combiner though, as he will have (these are the continuities i set each character in) Alternators Scattershot, Universe Afterburner, Energon Strafe, TFTM Nosecone, and Animated Lightspeed

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I have on my to-do list my Navalcons. fairly fleshed out, already have bios, and also have most of the base-bots needed, just need model kits.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    A team of Omega Sentinels. Combine into Alpha-Omega!!! Or Omega-Alpha!!!

13. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

or Almega or Omelpha! lol. cool idea dude.

14. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

now this is my kind of thread. so I'll just list Ideas

1) the dinobots pretty obvious lol

2)the seekers could combine either just SS SW and TC or with the cone heads as well. back story- starscream needs more power to beat megatron

3) cybertronian forms of all existing combiners but not by just using futuristic looking alt modes but more like warwithin etc (especialy bruticus and devi)

4)some sort of autobot counter part to the likes of predaking, devi,

5) a combiner made of combiners lol like predaking is the body with bruticus and measor as arms and devi and abomonus as legs lol (freakin huge!!!)

6) a combined form for the aoutobot defence team would be cool

7) the autobot head masters combining with thier heads forming his little partner

8) animal style autobot doubots would be cool, maybe a bit fuzor tho

9) a marvel combiner team

10) updated versions of the beast wars combiners, forget there names

etc etc etc I could go on (realy I could, I freaking love the combiners just wish there were more autobot teams) I'll probs post more but I got work soon. :( 

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

To be frank, I really don't care all that much for a Dinobot combiner because I don't consider it very creative. The concept is nice, but at the same time it just seems "off" and is essentially something that was never meant to be done.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I remember think of that when I was a kid! They can fight against my Omega Sentinels Combiner. They would be about the same size I think.

17. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

I found this on Deviantart by ~shumworld... INFINITRON!!
    [​IMG]
    Who can you spot on this Giant???

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I've always wanted a more militant version of Defensor.

19. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

If I could kitbash, I'd probably make larger versions of the Micromaster Railbots with the names Rapid Run (Bullet train), Midnight Express (Amtrak Auto-train styled passenger train), Railspike (Kaen lookalike), Steamtrack(Steam train) and Iron Horse(Getsuei lookalike) combine into Rail Racer. Y'know, in Scramble City style. Y'know, like the Energon combiners.

@kaindarkstar87: I see Powermaster OP with Apex Armor/God Ginrai, Grandus, Omega Supreme, Dai Atlas, and possibly Fort Max.

20. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Ask and you shall receive!! I've toyed with the idea, here's a mockup, but I doubt I'd actually ever do it. I'd sure like to see someone do it though!:drool: 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That would be Awesome! :thumbs2: 

And of course, I have my own custom combiner team, the Dark Sky Legionaires. A 9 man team made of Voyager aircraft they combine to make Diavolus Legion!

Here's the WIP thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...l-combiner-team-wip-dark-sky-legionaires.html

And a teaser pic!

[​IMG]