Lets be honest, does having the military involved so much REALLY help??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Mar 23, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    my answer is NO. and sector 7 was also a bad idea. i give credit for trying to make it real, and its hard to put unreal and real stuff together and interact, but in the first movie we saw[AT LEAST] a fairly good amount of percentage of military involvement. in the second movie, it was waaay too focused on the military! waaay too focused. i think the movies could be better if they didnt have the military THAT MUCH involved! for cryin out loud, they basically took out the decepts on their own in the first movie in the final battle, in the second movie, they pretty much SINGLE HANDEDLY win that battle with that huge airstrike. optimus did have an epic fight scene at the end, but it was SHORT. now based on the last 2 teasers, dark of the moon is basically gonna say:" we know weve focused too much on the humans, so here ya go!" seems like this WILL be the best tf yet, with less military and more Bots and Cons dukin it out lyk God intended!

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It doesn't.

With the military kicking the shit out of the laughably weak Decepticons, there might as well be no Autobots at all.

In a perfect world, the most the military should be capable of taking out would be 'lesser' Cons like Frenzy, Ravage and Skorponok. The main players ought to be strong enough that only an Autobot could defeat them.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like the military in the TF movies. Better than most fiction where the military is nothing but ineffectual jarheads who fight all Transformers because "they're all the same" or some such nonsense despite the obvious contrary.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I like the military involvement [of course, as long as they don't win the entire Con army alone like in ROTF].

Sector Seven was good to bound the story together and explain stuff [Megatron's frozen body, The All Spark, Why Transformers can hack into the Pentagon within 30 seconds, why they can turn into cars, why our weapons hurt them and whataver the hell else], military is cool because if we didn't have them, the film would be focused entirely on SAM, that whinny idiot.

On the first movie, the military only killed Blackout, and it took half an hour to do so [Scorponok ran away and Frenzy techinically killed himself].

I'm cool with the military, as long as they don't take the Bots' jobs [A.K.A kill the Decepticon army].

But if the military kills the dudes, people complain that the humans are too strong, if Optimus kills the Cons, people complain Optimus is too strong, it's a no-win situation.

5. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    IMO, both movies focused too much on the human aspects, silly relationships, and military as it should be focused on establishing each identity for the actual Transformers. That is why I dont care for any of the new movies and still take the 1986 Animated Movie above all.

6. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    without the military in the first movie and second, the bots wouldve lost. there are to many more cons than bots. i hate that whole plight that "no one can win without the help of the US army". its too cocky.

7. Overlord Balder

What people need to understand is this: Every second a Transformer appear on-scren costs a shitload of money [Just one detail: Each of Ironhide's cannons have 1.000.000 points of articulation, if his cannons are that insanely convoluted, do you have any idea of how painstaking is to create the whole damn thing?], thus, human-screen time is needed.

And the first [whether you like it or not] gave indentities for most of the Transformers: Jazz as the young and naive wise-crack soldier, Ratchet as the experienced, peaceful and controled doctor, Ironhide as the badass neck-breaking warmonger who thinks too much with his guns, Megatron as savage power-hungry psycho with no regard for anyone except him, etcetera.

8. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    I understand that but I dont need to see a relationship between Shia Lebouf and Meaghan Fox develop or too many military scenes with Tyrese and Josh Duhamel shooting pointlessly at Decepticons when the movie is called Transformers and should focus on them.

9. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I always thought protoforms were weaker un-armored Cybertronians, so it never really bothered me that the military could kill some.

10. Overlord Balder

Uh..I don't think you understood, let me explain again: Each Transformers costs more than my soul, so we can't have a full movie about them, thus we need humans to fill the screen time.

Humans and their functions on the movie:

Sam = Audience surrogate and our connection with the Autobots [particularly Bumblebee], also the MacGuffin-dude.
    In other words, he is how we get to know the Autobots and the plot of the movie.

Megan Fox = Eye-candy and love interest, basically.

Military = To show how the Government is reacting to the Transformers threat, and to show how freaking awesome the Transformers are [cue Blackout beautifully whopping everyone's ass in Qatar], also, to provide more techinical information about the TFs [High-head sabot rounds, Megatron being frozen, how they turn themselves into earthly technology, their ability to hack the shit out of the Pentagon, etcetera].

Without those guys above, our movie would cost three times more than AVATAR and be set into space.

11. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i like the military in the movies :D 

12. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I don't have problem with the military. I really like Epps and Lennox. They make a great team.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:

I thought the military were a bit of a distraction, but they supposedly have a lesser part to play in TF3. If the military really want to help, they could maybe put Skids and Mudflap through some sort of bootcamp.

Now I'm probably alone in this but the less I see of Lennox and Eps, the happier I'll be. I'll take footage of Simmons' ass over those lunkheads. He makes the story a lot more interesting.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Well, it seems the military helps out half of the time.

Remember, Lennox's team helped take down Blackout and Brawl. (Well, Blackout for the missile strike (And Lennox), and shooting Brawl down before getting up again)

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I liked the military involvement in both films. It's too unrealistic to consider NO military involvement if giant metal aliens did fall from the sky to pillage and destroy.

I also like that that military jets and tanks can inflict damage on the cybertronians.

The only thing that I find ridiculous is seeing infantrymen using small arms fire.

16. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seems as though when the military gets involved, they choas massive chaos. The autobots could have handled it without the whole world knowing

17. Overlord Balder

Precisely, The USA almost started the third world war on the first movie.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'll also bring to the table that humans have to be somekind of threat to Cybertonians. Otherwise what is the point of hinding?(Alt-modes.) Especially in the case of the Decepticons.

I know some fans like to think of TFs as robotic Greek Gods, but then you start getting a sort of Superman complex, and the premise starts to actually become kinda boring.
    Though I'll throw out a bone and agree that the opposite (Decepticons dieing too easily.) is also boring. It has to be a decent balance.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Lets put it this way:
    There is no way to try to pass Transformers pass off as realistic without having the government, military, and humans, involved.
    Transformers crash down from space, as comet-like protoforms, right? Right off the bat, the goverment would be on their asses. No way something like that can go unnoticed.
    Lets just say, that maybe it has a cloaking device? Well. Even then... you're gonna have a shit-ton of eyewitness reports. The sound it will make, the crash. The crater. All evidence that it was there.

So, right there, you're gonna have involvement with the military/Government. It's just unbelievable if you don't.
    They're just to big to be a worldwide secret.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    The military makes Transformers feel like GI Joe. Better than that atrocious trash that was passed off as GI Joe. It is very laughable how the 'Cons are weak against the USMC though. OORAH! :thumb