Let's assume I decided to be bad...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Okay, I received a gift card worth $100 from my boss this Christmas for all the work I did getting stuff out and done before Christmas. Holy crapola. This took me aback.

It's non-cashable, non-transferrable and...well...burning a hole in my pocket. I've been a good boy and I've been selling Transformers left and right over the past 4-5 months.

Now, let's assume I decided to be bad and blow this $100 worth of Visa-like cash tender on toys. What should I do?

1. Complete my 1984 Autobot collection by finally picking up a loose Ratchet and Ironhide?

2. Pick up the THS-02 Convoy and maybe some other G1-related goodies from BBTS?

3. Buy 2 more Masterpiece Starscreams so I can paint them as Skywarp and Thundercracker?

Aaah, the possibilities...:D 

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    2 MP Starscreams for 100$?! holy hell i'd do that if it was possible

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Ratchet and Ironhide. I dunno where this $50 MP-03 is, but I still wouldn't buy it. $25 maybe.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    The 2 MP Screamers are assuming I went overbudget. There's a personal $20-$50 leeway in there.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    First, tell me where you can buy 2 MP Starscreams for $100?

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    $25? You'll die before it happens. If you hope to get a MP-03 for $25, then you sure don't deserve one.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My suggestion is that you should pick up Ironhide and Rachet and get your G1 collection done and over with. After all you have been selling your TFs...

8. Omnibus Prime

Ah. I'd still go with Ratchet and Ironhide. Boom or bust, there's likely to be a spike in TF prices when the movie hits, and those two will probably be near the top of the list since they're in the movie.

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Complete the collection. Well, half of one year's worth of the collection.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Ok, fine. Tell me where I can get two MP-03's for $150. I'd buy a second one for $75.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Ah, word. Well said. Aight, I think they might be it. Now...here's another question...

G1 Ratchet & Ironhide, or 2005 Botcon Ratchet & Ironhide?

I like the 2005 Botcon pair because they actually look more - at least to me - cartoon accurate, but the original '84 Ironhide and Ratchet are part of that original iconic lineup. If I got them, I'd probably reprolabels the cartoon faces onto them.\

PS: Ferret, my Decepticon '84 collection is complete, more or less. I don't have every weapon and doohickey to go along with Perceptor, but I have all of the '84 baddies as figures, some complete, some not.

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

A Botcon Ratchet alone would probably use up most of that giftcard, and Ironhide isn't too cheap either, usually in the $40-60 range. So unless you don't care about going vastly over the limit and spend your own money as well, get some decent loose G1 versions instead.

13. Omnibus Prime

Ho boy. Now that's a tough one. I loves me my BC Ironhide and Ratchet. OTOH, if those two were the only ones missing from my '84 collection, it would bug the crap out of me. Conundrum.

However..you could almost certainly pick up both G1 versions for $100ish. Not too sure about getting both BCs for that much. I have no reason to check the prices, but Ratchet was understandably crazy popular, and expensive as a result. Ironhide too, but there were more of him to go around.

...and there would appear to be none of either on Ebay right now to check.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm thinking that, more and more, it'd be nice to just have those last two '84 guys and be done with it. The reprolabels set that came out a few months back with the cartoon faces for those silver chairs was really kickin', and I'd probably add those to the loose guys I picked up.

...I'm still kinda hankerin' for THS-02 Convoy, though. But I really don't have a need for him, I think. I dunno.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Well, if you're a friend of G1 then I really suggest getting Ironhide and Ratchet as it is expected that the prices of TFs especially G1 to increase after the movie.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I guess that's that, then. Anybody selling a loose, complete Ratchet and/or Ironhide? :D  On to the BST threads I go!

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DUDE buy some Classics. Seriously. They are great. Or get a BWX Primal because he has a SURFBOARD.

Ok, out of the options listed I would say get the original G1 Ratchet and Ironhide.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get Ratchet-ide and have another G1 Christmas for kicks

Then you can display all the G1's like you wish you could've back in the KMart days :lol 

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I was gonna say go with the 84 bots. nothing makes me happier than my complete 84 and 85 shelves. those were the best *sniff*

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know what you mean - especially if you grew up with G1. After getting all the 84 bots and cons, I'm satisfied with my tf collection. So satisfied that my TF expenditure actually dropped. Now if I can only control my habit on the other toylines...