Let the Combiner Debate Begin (Which would you choose?)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Thats being said id probably change my vote to my second favorite... Devestator hes the OG brutally powerful, decently intelligent and extremely durable.

2. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I'll take the Dinobots any day. Backup would be Devastator.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

1) Predacons/Predaking
    2) Dinobots
    3) Constructicons/Devastator
    4) Combaticons/Bruticus
    5) Seacons/Piranacon

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Predaking is crap. He's a crap toy and a crappy character that is too easily defeated.

In terms of fiction depiction, I'd go with Menasor. He's very powerful and practically unstoppable barring unforseen circumstances and being completely outnumbered. He took out Bruticus in a single punch - that's impressive even given Bruticus' perchant for defeat. Additionally, the individual Stunticons are powerful in their own right.

5. Acadian Prime

Acadian Prime Well-Known Member

I actually read a fanfic last year about an all out brawl between the combiners staged by the quintessons. Predaking took out Piranacon and Abominus before everybody else jumped him at once to take him down. It came down to the 3 autobot combiners with Defensor coming out the winner. If I remember correctly, this is the order they went:

Abominus defeated by Predaking
    Piranacon defeated by Predaking
    Predaking defeated by everybody
    Menasor defeated by Defensor
    Devastator defeated by Superion
    Bruticus defeated by Computron and Defensor
    Superion defeated by Defensor
    Computron defeated by Defensor

Defensor "Royal Rumble" winner

Despite Defensor's victory, the Quints regarded Predaking as the superior Combiner

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

That's a interesting outcome. I don't see Defensor as a powerhouse in battle. How did it take out both Superion and Computron by itself? Superion has the best mobility being that it's the only Autobot combiner that can fly and Computron is the most intelligent. The only thing going for Defensor is the force field so while it may be very defensive it's got very little firepower to take down even one combiner, let alone three.

And Predaking is the superior Combiner so at least he got that right. :D 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Wow, I couldn;t see Computron lasting that long at all since it takes him so long to make any desicions. Smart move going after Abominus and Pirhanacon first though...especially since Pirhanacon goes berzerk and can't be controlled. I can see why Defensor would win based on how well the Protectobots work at a combined mind though...that makes sense

8. A Lance

A Lance Give me your hugs

I think Defensor has been severely underrated by a lot of people, although that's probably because he didn't get as much love in the show as he should have. He really should have been the iconic Autobot combiner, he really fits into the Autobot’s whole theme better than Superion (as in rescue vehicles are more fitting alt modes then jets for Autobots ((brackets in brackets in brackets whooh) some would argue otherwise but hey)).

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I'm sorry, everyone's wrong. It's Bruticus that owns all. /End thread.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The best combiner team IMPO is NONE of the ones mentioned in this thread. My vote goes to Liokaiser and Monstructor of Transformers: Victory.

IMPO those 2 would kick the chassis out of any other the previous teams. Even Predaking who IMO is the most effective fighter

11. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    no way

There is a reason this post is ONLY about G1 combiners - I intentionally left out all others - but anyways -

Would no one take Computron even though he ranks pretty high - I know his decision making skills were not that great but still.

I think the Constructicons and the Technobots would be an interesting battle as seperate individuals seeing that many of there 'car' modes are very similar.

12. Acadian Prime

Acadian Prime Well-Known Member