Let Me Tell You Some Info On Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Same, that was so fun!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Uncle Yetibacca

Uncle Yetibacca Well-Known Member

While I do see how Hasbro is pushing Windblade into the spotlight way more than it should I honestly like her. Yes it's annoying when one character hat essentially came out of nowhere is given prominence but the IDW incarnation of Windblade has really made me like her character. But I won't say anything else because I kinda think it will be useless to have a rational conversation with some individuals. To each their own.

TAAO is a fantastic series with good character development for anyone. And if done right in Cyberverse perhaps she CAN gain a widespread fanbase instead of her forced appearance in the atrocity that was RID... Face it that show has a total value of 1.5% and I'm being generous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Face it" from what? Who are you to be generous? Your opinion is nothing, to anyone.

4. Uncle Yetibacca

Uncle Yetibacca Well-Known Member

Geez calm down. Everyone is expressing their opinions I was just doing the same. No matter how you look at it 2015's RID is one of the lowest points in TF cartoons, not Energon or Machinima levels but still pretty low, compared to it the original RID is a masterpiece... kinda
    It is more insulting considering it was a "sequel" to Prime.

Calm down. Geez

• Like Like x 3
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Car Robots 2000 is a masterpiece simply because Sky Byte exists.

• Like Like x 9
  6. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I actually liked Windblade portrayal in RiD. She was not my fave (this one goes to Bumblebee, Jazz and Thunderhoof), but I did not find her annoying. The gung-ho personality was a nice change from her comics portrayal. I need some time to catch up with the last two volumes if TAAO, but in the first one it didn't seem like the writers were certain what to do with her. She usually got to fill up any roles the other characters weren't suited for and that's why she didn't have a well-defined personality. Hope the next writers will have more fun with the characters!

I'm actually looking forward to any TF series that promises and ensemble cast! :p 

• Like Like x 9
  7. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

Why do people have to go out of their way to state things like "RID15 was a failed abortion" or "RID is a footnote in the history of the franchise" or had "no value at all"

First of all, kids loved the show more than a lot of you know. The toyline was fun and sold well, and the app support proved to be successful. The cartoon is actually spectacular. It's not perfect and it's not on the level of Prime, Beast Wars/Machines, or Animated, but it's just a fun, heartful Saturday morning cartoon. The characters grow subtly as the series goes on. Steeljaw is a fantastic villain and the rotating cast of villains and guest Autobots means this is the first series since G1 to pull of "mob casting". And there are several arcs that carry throughout the seasons that become more and more interesting as they go on. You don't have to like it but it's awfully inconsiderate of the fans who did enjoy it to make remarks such as "Face it, the cartoon you genuinely enjoyed was an abomination" Fet gucked guy.

anywho, Cyberverse looks promising so far. I hope that it's a mixed medium shaded cgi/painted backgrounds like RID was and not flash like Rescue Bots. Boulder Media has done some breathtaking work on "Gumball" using a bunch of different methods. It's a trip honestly. If they made "Cyberverse" psychedelic and experimental like that I wouldn't be upset.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

it's not a sequel you goober. everyone behind the series has stated multiple times that it was a "spin-off". It was never meant to have any relation to Prime other than the fact that Prime happened before it in canon. RID is and always was supposed to be its own show. Did you watch past the pilot and form an informed opinion or just see a trailer and decide it was a sin?

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

There's literally an entire scene dedicated to explaining how Starscream survived fighting the Predacons in Predacons Rising...in RID.

[​IMG]

If this isn't explicitly a direct relationship to the Prime cartoon given they already take place in the same continuity by default, then I don't know what you actually would consider enough evidence that it is a sequel. I mean, this right here is more continuity between Prime and RID then there was between Energon and Cybertron, which are actual sequels despite having nothing in common beyond characters having specific names.

• Like Like x 8
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    So, an incredibly significant relation, then?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It WAS a sequel to TFP. But it also was a better show than TFP.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2001F5C1-2C4E-4132-B1A8-22F21078EAC5.gif

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

nani

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Windblade and Victorion are the fan choice characters. Whatever sort of characters that were produced from the voting was going to be pushed into the spotlight for that reason alone.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Interesting. May I ask for the link of this site ?

16. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

GETTING BACK ON TRACK, I am looking forward to this series. The focus on Bumblebee pleases me for blatantly obvious reasons, and I don't mind Windblade appearing as long as she's closer to her IDW roots and far removed from Combiner Wars' infamous version.

Honestly, the whole premise sounds kind of unique or Transformers. Just two Autobots on the run, recovering the memories of one and learning more about their mission and perhaps each other as a result, all the while avoiding an army of Decepticons who are on their heels. It doesn't forego the superficial elements of Transformers while still standing out from other basic "Autobots VS Decepticons" series.

Really, my only concern is that the tone and the status quo will interfere with the storytelling, as it did with RID's final season, where they built up a mysterious council that we never saw until the final episodes, because they had to keep the tone simple and childish, and the story set on Earth. As long as Cyberverse understands that kids can handle a serious tone every once and a while and to keep the main story in the same place as the main characters, I think I'll like it fine.

• Like Like x 3
  18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    @SilverOptimus have you seen Autobot designs outside Grimlock, Bumblebee, Windblade, and Optimus?

And I'm REALLY hoping we see Roulette to counter Shadow Striker

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is wonderful news & made my day. Thank you

20. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I"m ok with Windblade to a point; nothing overbearing