Let Me Tell You Some Info On Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So, today I received a chance to see marketing materials (and toys) for Transformers: Cyberverse.

I saw the cartoon version of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Windblade.

You guys have seen Bee and Blade but I do believe you haven't seen Optimus.
    He's a simplified version of the Evergreen Optimus Prime from head to toe. Unlike his toy, he's not bluky. Other than kibble, the Ultimate Class Optimus Prime is pretty faithful to the design. Half of his fists are blue like in Evergreen but not seen on the toy. However, his chest is not flat like on Evergreen and the toy but rather angular like on Transformers Devastation (but not as angular as RID).

Cyberverse is sort of a modernized version of G1.

I was told that their will be an app support. I don't know what it is. Didn't see any scan codes or anything.

More reveals during SDCC including a trailer.

Will let you guys in on more stuff as I get to see them.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Ikkad

Ikkad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. Did you get to see any footage? Do you know if the show itself is truly G1 but modern? As far as I can tell, the premise seemed very unique and unlike the broader focus of the Sunbow cartoon.

3. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Didn't see any footage but learned few things. Consider it to be like 2011 Thundercats to the original Thundercats.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  4. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Any word of how the cast will expand?

Also woooooooooo

• Like Like x 2
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    How prominent is Windblade? I detest the character's existence and design so I'm hoping it isn't front and center.

6. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Seems to be a lot. Other than the above three, saw Soundwave's one step changer. Didn't see any humans though. Don't know anything about voice actors.

Speaking of cast, there are 16+ robots for Rescue Bots Academy.

She was all over the marketing materials. I'd say she's playing a pretty prominent role.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Is there a relevant thread for this?

I'm hoping we see lesser used 84 characters like Mirage, Trailbreaker, Gears, and Huffer appear

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Welp, looks like I'm skipping this series.

9. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How are you allowed to talk about it? When I get to see some early or promo materials, it's always "they're only for you, please don't share"(
    Not that it happens often, but still...

5 new main characters + original cast (with Bumblebee and Sideswipe, but without Servo, because he doesn't talk) would already be 16, so we should probably expect to see every Autobot from the first series at some point and just 1-2 more.

Did promo materials you've seen feature any unexpected characters? Or are we still unsure if any other transformers with Evergreen designs will have a Cyberverse version as well?

10. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Some stuff, I'm allowed to talk. Some not. Certain, certain items have different embargo dates. Even on the Bumblebee movie line.

Anyway, I only saw OP, Bee and Blades.

I'm guessing you are right about the 16 characters as the toyline is NOT titled Rescue Bots Academy but rather as Rescue Bots. The 'Academy' is absorbed into the ongoing line. Therefore we may see more.

11. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    They could write her differently from other versions of her.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Even if they did (which is highly unlikely), it doesn't change the fact I think her design by default is utter garbage (literally every stereotype of bad fanfiction OC rolled into one) and her prominence is more Hasbro desperately trying to make her popular than actually having earned a place as a legacy character among the fandom - except maybe as a big joke because of how one-note and utterly useless she is in the Machinima cartoons.

Every single aspect of her existence is not that of a naturally developed character, but of one designed by committee (of 'fans' and more in reality the guidelines said fans chose and then were given to designers who had the final say and not the fans) and being pushed as something we're being told we will like because of that stupid poll, as opposed to a character who exists by necessity within the context of a narrative and proves to be popular.

I don't mean to turn this into another Windblade rant thread so I'll stop here - but suffice to say I refuse to even acknowledge that stupid character until Hasbro at least has the nerve to allow somebody to actually make her NOT look like a female Thrust in makeup and write her as a necessary character instead of what Hasbro is pushing as the new face of Transformers itself almost.

• Like Like x 3
  13. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting! It might be an unpopular opinion, but I for one am excited for Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But each version of her (IDW, Prime Wars, Legends and RID) already has a different personality.

I do not know why so many people do not like her, it can not be because of IDW comics since she's a good character, if the reason is because she is a new character who gets so much attention when Optimus and Soundwave I do not understand because the reason that the people like the IDW comics is the fact that they use characters who have never had any previous highlights or new characters.

I understand that certain people do not like Windblade, but some people say that she has no personality? Here are some comments that I found on another site talking about her:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    And people don't like the IDW comics - you do know their sales plummeted by 90% not too long ago, right?

It's almost like those people only know Windblade from the shitty Machinima cartoon and not the comics which have been blasted with criticism over the declining quality in writing anyway.

16. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was no 90% drop in comic sales. There was a drop in comic sales revenue from ~$21.4 million in 2016 to ~$20.2 million in 2017, which is ~6%.

People who say quality has fallen are talking about Lost Light. The last participation with highlight of Windblade was in TAAO that almost everybody agrees that was great and better than the previous series of her.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I don't hate Windblade, I just have yet to be hooked by any version of the character I've seen. I wasn't thrilled by her in RID, and I didn't care about her in Combiner Wars (I still have yet to watch the sequel shows). I'm not familiar with IDW Windblande at all, so I can't really judge. Overall I'm not really a fan of her design, other than the VTOL jet mode is kind of unique. Outside of that, I find her design kind of gaudy.

The main thing I don't like about her is the fact that they keep pushing her in every series. At this point, Optimus, Bee, and Windblade are basically the main figurehead trio of the brand. It's kind of weird because Optimus and Bee are classic and beloved characters by fans and the general public; but Windblade doesn't seem overly beloved by either group. She's just kind of there.

I do like that Hasbro is trying to introduce new characters into the lore. I also understand that they want a female character in the main group, which is fine. I still say that they should have used Nautica in this role, considering she's formed a much bigger fanbase, and she seems like a more unique character overall.

Hopefully Cyberverse Windblade is the version that makes me like the character.

• Like Like x 6
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except the difference with Windblade is that she did not earn her popularity. She was placed in several media because she was the "fan built 'bot" and that made her special somehow? When IDW introduces a new character, or reuses and obscure character, they're not usually done in a way that gets them a leading role, miniseries, new toy, and near immediate inclusion in almost all current media of the time of their creation.

Windblade doesn't actually appear in anything because she is a character who's grown a following. She appears because Hasbro says she should, because she's the result of a voting contest that was held without anyone asking for it. I think it's pretty obvious why people would see her as annoying or unnecessary when she feels very much like she's butting into a story she doesn't fit in.

The fact that she's utterly bland or trite depending on the writer doesn't help.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    I like how people are stating dislike of Windblade then going into why.

Much better than the typical rants

• Like Like x 2
  20. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the app will be another mobile game like Robots in Disguise (2015).

• Like Like x 1