Let me get something straight

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Okay, so as I just recently discovered, apparently this site doesn't post info from GameInformer, and a lot of the time I see posts that are ignorant of several things from the November issue of GameInformer, so I'd like to post the stuff that is only in this issue of GI.

• You can pick your voice in MP.
    • Megatron's new design is essential to the plot.
    • "The events depicted in Fall of Cybertron and its precacessor occur in the same universe as the related novels, and episodes of Transformers: Prime
    • The camera is panned closer to the robots to show off the incredible detals.
    • Although common knowledge, I would like to add specifics of Starscream's encounter with Grimlock. He mocks him and insults him, and eventually slaps him, making Grimlock so mad he breaks free from his chains.
    • Everybody thinks Jazz died under some rubble before his level.
    • Vortex's level revolves around the goal of collapsing a bridge that will transport all the Energon the Autobots need to power the Ark.
    • Grimlock is not stupid, he has a sort of Robo-autism.
    • The issue implies that the other Dinobots don't have at least much problems speaking, because, quote: "In Grimlock's case, his speach processor has suffered the worst."

So yeah, I just wanted to point out this stuff to slow down the posts that are ignorant of content from November's GI.

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Thank you so much, bro. Cool info, awesome about MP voices, though I feel like robo-autism is a really bad way of describing Grimlock. Tieg said awhile ago that he's intelligent but his voice is just fucked up, that's all.

3. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah, some forms of autism is where they're really bright, just have a hard time conveying their point. I was referring to that.

It said "A genius masked by an idiot's words".

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i think the latter describes him better

5. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Ahhhh, I get you now, PJ. Gotta agree with ^ though.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Own MP Voice?

I'll have to give my Infiltrator a jittery voice, my Truck a gravely voice, my Jet a calm, deep voice and my tank a loud but deep voice.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tieg said this game can fit into any Transformers universe. It's not just tied to Prime. They share the same story elements much like all Batman movies share the murder of Bruce's parents. And this stuff you posted I'm 90% sure was discussed already.

8. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

My character already has a voice in WFC. He sounds just like me.

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    That is, if those are options. :p 

Well, GI confirmed it's part of Prime.

LOL, but this lets you pick a voice.

10. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go with what Tieg, the director said at E3. Plus there are way too many issues to fit this into Prime. Dark Energon is one example.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    War/Fall of Cybertron is simply and essentially, from here on out, the story of what happened on Cybertron for all continuities going forward. It draws a lot of inspiration from G1, but doesn't really work as a prequel to it, especially considering G1's great war has already been explored in detail by Dreamwave.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 looking Bumblebee vs bigger, more movie-like Bee Breakdown (is he a small care or a big truck?) and Megatron to name a few more:p 

Just curious, but why don't people ever want to take Matt's word for when it comes to the Transformers games? He's told people more times than I can count during WFC and FOC where this store fits and people still look to Hasbro and whoever for the answer:lol 

13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    But there are a few signs saying it goes with Prime, like Cliff's head and Optimus' gun.

Plus the Dinobots were created on Earth in G1.

I don't think designs count as an issue that would create problems with continuity.
    In fact, the two Breakdowns bear striking resemblances, at least in terms of paint and design (sorta). They have the same paint jobs, and their heads are very similar.

14. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Jetscream, the Dinobots in Marvel, IDW and DW stories were already on Cyberton. So that argument doesn't hold water. And like Sinnertwin said, this story is what all universes will use. You can't shoe horn this into Prime because of Cliffjumper's head design. And like Transformed said, why don't people listen to Tieg? He's working on the game.

15. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Seems like the Prime fans are hell bent on forcing this into Prime where there a ton of problems such as Dark Energon, how Prime got the Matrix etc.. They can't seem to understand that this story is the general storyline for all TF universes. It's like all the multiple Batman movies, the common factor, his parents were murdered.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Similar is NOT the same. Color schemes, key design points--the things that make a particular character that character--have to get carried over. We should be able to recognize characters for who they're intended to be, right?

Still, Breakdown from the games is not the same one in Transformers Prime.

Quick question about the Dinobots: where did they come from in the Marvel Comics? Earth or Cybertron? What about their tech specs? I ask because G1 goes beyond the cartoon, right? I know many only knew or ever remember the cartoon, but these other points of view are valid too, no?

Mixing and matching from this or that or adding or subtracting a little from here or there shouldn't make it less G1 if the core of the story/character is the same.

Besides the original story on Cybertron was what, 10 minutes? Hasbro, rather the writers, didn't care to tell their story on Cybertron; they wanted to get the big f'n robots off their metallic world and on to ours as quickly as possible as seen in the very first episode from way back when. HMS fleshing those 10 or so minutes out into a worthwhile story is freaking awesome, and I thank them very much for that.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Not when Tieger flat out says that it's supposed to lead directly into the start to the cartoon.

18. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Love the Batman analogy! lol :) 
    And he was talking about the original cartoon here, yes?

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He also said that HMS took ideas from Marvel Comics, the original cartoon and everything that followed.

I still don't see why folks can't/won't accept this as a lead in to the original cartoon that contradicted itself more than once and had characters that came out of nowhere whenever the story called for it.

So HMS changed an origin tale here and there, so what. Those characters still walk the walk and talk the talk--though I am pleased the Dinobots don't speak like "Me Swoop no see nothing" this time around; its liberties like these that makes me happy that HMS is trying to put a mature spin to the Transformers' campy origin. HMS has taken several several origin tales of old and spliced them with their very fleshed out tale. Why should changes like these make these video games incompatible with G1? I'll be honest, I know very little about the comics, and grew up knowing only what I saw on TV, but with the cartoon telling so little about Cybertron, I welcome these current stories with open arms.

So happy the Dinobots aren't stupid in these games. Will fans of old really miss the Dinobots' small brains?:lol 

20. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think so. I'm ecstatic that the Dinobots aren't morons this time.