Less than 100 Seacon sets left!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pete Sync, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    These were nice, but I prefer the original Seacons (color scheme mainly), so that's why I have the originals instead. Oh well, maybe I might pick up Nightbeat, the only thing I"m not keen on is the Energon Hot Shot mold itself. Just didn't care too much for it. Would've made a better Getaway in my opinion, though.

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    early ebay prices? Probably around $170. As time goes by (and stores like BBTS exhaust their supply) then it may increase to around $250 (this is what the original Seacons go for now). I don't really see them topping $250 though. $250 is still more than double the price of what the club charged though.

This auction here might help predict early ebay prices. There is another auction with a BIN price of $250 but I don't trust BIN prices as any one can set any BIN price but it doesn't mean it'll be bought. Real auction prices on the other hand, certainly helps determine price (even if the price may be inflated by 2 or more overzelous bidders)

Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Piranacon-Unopened - eBay (item 270288069827 end time Oct-20-08 10:35:41 PDT)

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Only by $10 for non-members ( like myself ). Of course, you don't get a membership for that. IF Botcon is too far away for me to attend, I just as wells get it from BBTS. IF I'm going to Botcon, it's $40 wasted. Too bad Pete won't tell us where it's going to be so I can decide before it sells out.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

At least until Takara does an Encore reissue of the originals, which I'm sure has a very high probablity of happening now.

5. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

For some of us, the other issue is that the club want $100 to ship to the UK, BBTS only want $50 for express...

6. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $100???

We have talked to many UK members and BBTS's "actual" shipping is very close to ours...

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I know you can't tell us where Botcon is, but I'm in Lexington KY. Will it be within a 6 hour drive of me? If that is too much info to let out on the boards, can you PM me that answer? I swear not to tell anyone. Knowing would help me decide to buy the set from BBTS or not.

8. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean the set there are no more of? Or you just suspecting that you can pick it up from some random dealer or fan there?

9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    BBTS has it for only $10 more than your non-member price. But that doesn't come with the membership that gets $50 off preregistration. IF the con is too far for me to make the trip, I'll just buy it from BBTS. If I can go to the con, I'll skip it altogether. Since I'd have to buy a membership anyway, then the BBTS price would be $50 more than I would've paid to buy it from the club. I'll go $10 higher, but not $50. Did that make any sense?

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hehehe, maybe it makes sense...you're saying:

Option 1: If BotCon is so far away that you won't be able to drive, you'll pick it up from BBTS since you won't be a member and wouldn't be a member, so in principle you're only paying $10 extra

Option 2: If BotCon is close enough that you can drive, then you'll be becoming a member in the near future, which means you *should've* went ahead and joined the club earlier when they still had some seacons, but since you didn't, and you'd be joining the club, that means BBTS has it at $50 more than you would have hypothetically paid, so you just won't get the set period, but you'll go to BotCon.

So, it's basically a principle thing, right?

11. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We added in all sets that had been set aside for returns/exchanges and we are now completely sold out of the Seacons! Thanks to everyone who bought them!!!

12. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

Thanks for making a great set available, can't wait to get mine in the mail :) 

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fantastic. Looks like FP really struck the right balance on the production numbers this time. They didn't sell out overnight, but they won't be sitting on a pile of them a year later, either.

The long and convoluted story of the Universe Seacons has finally come to a happy ending. :lol 

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Pete's right... it cost me $80 shipping (if memory serves) for 2 Seacon sets and a Nightbeat... and that was EMS.

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Not so much principle, as $50 wasted. I was gonna wait to buy it until they announced Botcon. I didn't expect it to sell out so quick. Oh well, I'll wait for the G1 colors reissue I guess. Very doubtful I'll find out where Botcon is.