Heavy/Scratch: Leroy something from the Gotrons (WIP) 3d print

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by myloschz, Aug 22, 2016.

1. myloschz

myloschz Well-Known Member

L1-002.jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (9).jpg unnamed (10).jpg unnamed (11).jpg unnamed (12).jpg unnamed (13).jpg unnamed (14).jpg unnamed (15).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg l1.jpg L1-002.jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (9).jpg unnamed (10).jpg unnamed (11).jpg unnamed (12).jpg unnamed (13).jpg unnamed (14).jpg unnamed (15).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg l1.jpg l1.jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg Hello all. This is my first 3d CAD/3d print project. Please keep in mind that this is a very early version, and changes are already being made. I have re-designed the wing to move up the leg in plane mode, and down the leg in robo mode because I did not like the way it sets so far back on the jet.
    YES, I AM RE DOING THE HEAD SCULPT!

I am also new to Blender, and find it to be quite challenging at times. I had this printed by Scultpeo, and once the bugs are worked out will share the file with anyone interested.

***Updated pics added- This is the final size, and most of the issues have been worked out to my satisfaction, unfortunately I made a new issue. It is easily resolved by a bit of adjustment to the pelvis(no jet pics until the new pelvis is installed). The Chug-y snap together version has had a few small redesigns and should be here by early next week, and the first print of Coptur is ordered.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. myloschz

Jet mode

So.... one of the biggest issues was me somehow getting parts mixed up in Blender, and I ended up with a Chest that was too thick to close right plane mode. Also I have added ratchet clickers to the knees, and a bunch of tabs and such.

The landing gear retract, and the cockpit(hehehe) opens. Like I mentioned before, I have since designed the main wings to move up the leg in jet mode, and down the leg in robotical mode. The positioning in plane mode is wonky.

Attached Files:

3. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Pretty cool...especially at MP-10 size

4. myloschz

Alternate Arm design

Lastly for now, I also made an alternate arm design that only rotates 90 degrees at the elbow, but the cut out on his upper arm doesn't rotate with the bicep swivel like the arm that rotates all the way at the elbow. It looks a bit more cartoon-like, but sacrifices a bit of the articulation. Sorry for the cheesy "paint jog" on the head, I wanted to get a good look at the surface quality.

Attached Files:

5. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 ROGUE AUTOBOT LEADER

Nice work!! I'm thinking about doing a project like this soon.

6. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    This is looking pretty good. How is Scupteo's print? I see they have some mechanical polishing options. Are prices similar to Shapeways?

PS: the reference in the title is hilarious. I completely forgot about those videos

7. Omegaonline

Omegaonline Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That is an awesome piece of work. I am designing and printing a number of things right now as upgrades. So, I know how challenging the design process can be, in order to take account of tolerances between attaching parts.
    Kudos to you.

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    please.
    name him Leader Juan.

9. myloschz

thanks guys. Sculptio was cheaper than Shapeways, due to the lack of sales tax and shipping. I did not opt for a polish, as this is almost a" just for fun" print. The parts came 3 days later, and seem ok to me. I did get a quote from a company called Xometry, and it was $100 less, but they do not accept paypal.

Leader Juan...hahaha. Maybe a little moustache and a sombrero?

I can not wait to get out of work today, and get life's minimum requirements out of the way so i can get back in Blender!
    I really want to redo the hands and get one sent to print tomorrow. I also want to re-design the thighs so that the screws are in the back, rather than on the inside.

I also have Coptur about 3/4 of the way done, so I really want to get him done.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Thats so awesome!!

Id love something like this

11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Friggin' awesome!! If the price is right, I'd totally go for this! However, he seems to be meant to be MP scale, in which case do you have an MP11 Starcream? (Or other variant?) Because they're both F-15 Eagles, so they might look weird together if they're not the same size, or at least convincingly so. Either way, glad Gobots are getting some real love for once, looking forward to what comes of this! :thumb 

12. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Epic project, so clean and well done. Bravo!

13. myloschz

Quick update-erino

I think I have fixed the issues, and will do a secondary visual check before giving her a go.
    I did order a print of the hand, fingers and thumb in both print resolutions. I meant to order the finer resolution print with a polish finish, but i got too excited and forgot.

As for the scale, I hadn't REALLY intended it to match up so well with the MP line. It is what I collect, but I just wanted him to be big, because on the gobot scale chart he was the tallest. But I do have MP seekers, and will transform one of them and check out the alt mode scale. It really was intended to be a "stand alone line" with cartoon accurate alt modes. More of a "sumthin for myselves, gonna keep it on the shelves" project, for fun.

Back to my day job:( 

In response to "A.J.-timus", I went home and did the measurements, and mine is indeed a bit smaller than the MP seekers in alt mode....for now.
    This morning I went ahead and scaled up the entire model so the alt modes match up in scale. (thank you, hadn't even considered)
    Also re-did the wing to make it more accurately resemble the correct shape. I have ordered a bunch of different screw sizes,(my stash from the scratch building days is thinning out) so eventually anyone downloading the file to print or to have printed will know what size and quantity of screw-zies they will need.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  14. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

Looks brilliant sir. Keep it up!

15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    It seems to have more potential than the semi-official mediocre, "bobble-head" figure recently released.

I'm looking forward to this!

16. myloschz

Little Juan!!

Hello Guys. Last weekend, I needed a break from working on leader one, so I spent both days working on......a smaller version of him. It is a bit simplified, and snaps together without any screws. Pretty cool little guy, but I don't know if I will get around to fixing his myriad of tiny, tiny issues!

I did also finish the fixes for the larger version, and am planning on having it printed this weekend.

Also, unrelated to this project, I figured out how to get Coptur's tail rotor to transform into his leg, rather than just parts-form it away as i had planned.

Attached Files:

17. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    Neat! Looks like it would scale with CHUG. Would prefer this over the more stylized Action Toys version (well, still want those too...)

Nice work dude

18. myloschz

Hey guys. Quick update. ....almost there.
    I did work on the chug version a bit, and sent out for another print of him. I scaled him up a smidge, so rather than be as tall as a chug seeker he will be more around Hegemon size.
    I also ordered a print of Coptur. Enjoy.
    unnamed (4).jpg l1.jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (7).jpg

19. myloschz

One more for fun! Then I guess I need to get some work done.
    Does Leader One do Ballet?
    unnamed (1).jpg

20. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looking great so far also what do you have trouble with blender i might be able to help you out