Leo Prime (Universe Voyager)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KING KONVOY, Oct 19, 2008.

1. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen a picture of voyager leo prime? do we know what mold is being used? Its sold out at BBTS so this makes me think that there has been some sort of confirmation of our speculation. Is it Lio Convoy's mold or Leo Breaker's mold painted in lio convoy's color scheme?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No pictures have been seen yet, but speculation is that it's a Leo Breaker repaint, and is more than likely correct. Personally I'm currently planning on getting it almost no matter what. A new mold would be awesome, but unlikely. Another current unknown but speculated figure is the Voyager Overload figure listed with Leo Prime. Probably an Armada Overload repaint, but who knows.

3. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Yeah knowing Hasbro it would be a Leo Breaker instead of Lio Convoy heh, oh well, i got the original Takara one and the yellow KO from Big Lots so i'm good.

4. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    Lio Convoy is a possibility because Big Convoy was released in the original universe line.

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I'm keeping my fingeres crossed for Japanese Convoy but it won't surprise me in the least to find out it's a friggin repaint of that crappy Breaker mold. I hate that thing. It's just useless.

And god I hope to never see any re-release of anything from Armada outside of the thre main Autobot molds. Everything else in that line was pretty much junk.

6. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    Though the I dislike the robot mode of leo breaker, I do like the beast mode. I display as optimus' arm or as the lion. A leo breaker repaint in Lio Convoy's red, white and blue would look even better with cybertron optimus prime than the original. It may be the best savage convoy incarnation.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Fixed. I liked the beast mode and teh arm mode, while nothing like the show, was prtty cool when combined with Ops.

You kidding? Hot Shot needs a re-release? (Ops and Red Alert I can understand) And c'mon, Megatron was decent and Hoist, Wheeljack, Unicron and a lot of the minicons were cool.

8. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    My bets are on Leobreaker, but my hopes are for Lio Convoy.

9. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Would be awesome were a new mold based on Lio convoy's pre-BW form. Still a lion but he looked freaking awesome.

10. WhoKid57

WhoKid57 Well-Known Member

I think it's a repaint of leo breaker in lio convoy colors. I think i remember seeing pictures a long time ago but I might be mistaken.

11. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it will look a lot like this.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You're probably either thinking about the Legends class figure, ore the digibash I did a while back of the Voyager mold in the same colors as the Legends class figure. So far no pictures of the actual product have been seen so far. Personally I hope this and the Overload are the new Voyager class molds Hasbro was talking about.

Personally I actually kinda like the Leobreaker mold. It's not perfect, but it certainly isn't crap, imo.

13. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Crap painted gold is still crap. So if Hasbro is smart they'll never use the leo breaker mold ever again.

14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I love that little guy! One of the very few Legends I have that I actually enjoy and was glad I bought.

But as for the Universe Leo Prime coming out, yeah, I'm thinking it will most likely be a repaint of Leo Breaker. Which is still cool with me because I missed out on that figure and thought it was pretty sweet looking. Why all the hate for it?

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont know why people would think that Hasbro would cram the ultra size bw2 leo convoy into a voyager sized box. Leo Prime is guaranteed to be another filler repaint. I hope they match the color scheme from the Cybertron Prime so they look good combined. Hasbro really should of went for the obvious razorclaw repaint though

16. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    Good point about size but animated deluxe Blurr and Lockdown are much bigger than voyager lugnut and bulkhead. There have been questionable size choices in the pass. The voyager box is definitely big enough but we will see. Thought I think it is most likely a leo breaker repaint.

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Nope. They're much taller than BH and Lugnut. But size class is based largely on weight, not height, and Bulky and Lugs make up for their height in width.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Weren't Beast Wars "Ultras" the equivalent of today's Voyagers in terms of size and price?

Like, they're not comparable to a modern-day "Ultra", except for using the same name for the price point.

19. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I thought this was the case as well. Like gorilla Primal and t-rex Megs were Ultras, but they sold for $20.

20. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

wasn't Leo-Breaker an ultra, or am I mistaken? If he was, then it HAS o be leo convoy or a new mold.