Lennox's family

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Atlas42, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

What the hell happened to his wife and baby daughter? They were (semi)-important part of his character in the first movie, and I didn't forget about them. But apparently, the writers did. You'd think, that with Decepticons invading the world in the 3rd movie, Lennox woulda checked up on his family to make sure they were safe.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They went into the same black hole as Skids, Mudflap, Arcee, Elita-1,Chromia, Jolt, Leo, and Sam's random white friend in the first movie.

True story.

3. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Thank you for bringing this up!

It sucks because if they had known that they could not write Lennox's family into the other two movies, they should not have shown us his family in the first place. TF1 was the only movie ever to make me cry in public because I thought Lennox was dead and I thought Poor baby without a daddy! :cry  But when he was alive and then killed Blackout I was like, "Revenge is a bitch ain't it, Blackout?"

The comic they had showed him talking to his wife, but that's it! Why do that, I mean if you can't bring them back, why bring it up at all?

4. SuperJazz

They didn't fall into a black hole, they just got plain blown up by Bonecrusher in ROTF.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't focused on though. It's impossible to actually see if they died or not. It only shows them getting hit.

6. SuperJazz

Hmmm, big rocket to the face versus tiny motorcyle Transformers? Who's gonna win? :D 

7. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

Well, the twins WERE going to be in the movie, but got cut out, so there is your reason for them... but the rest... I guess the writers have a bad memory...

8. SuperJazz

Praise the Allspark for that. I despised them with a passion.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Lennox's grown-up daughter for TF4 protagonist. Make her a female character worth a damn, someone who's smart, tough and resourceful, and not just a helping of tits and ass.

10. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I actually couldn't stand those two in RotF, but I actually really wanted them to be in DotM, if only because watching them die would've brought me sheer joy.

11. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

If you believe the fanfic writers they lived at home, seeing Lennox frequently, and having Ironhide as a family friend and surrogate uncle to his daughter.

Sad day when fanfic writers do a better job than with the actual writers.

12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    This please.

13. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yes, in a deleted scene, we see them fall into the black pit of death, along with the Twins, Jolt, Leo, Sams friend, the Hackers and Reedman.

14. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I believe Lennox's wife (as well as Epp's) were supposed to appear in ROTF. Originally they would have been the ones that actually fielded the call from Sam and Simmons (from Egypt) as to avoid detection, then the ladies would call Lennox or Epps and relay the message. But much like Skids and Mudflap in DOTM, they were ulitmately dropped. But yeah, even a slight mention of them in either (if not both) sequel would have been nice, for continuities sake.

-Lennox: Hey Sam, been a while, how's it going?
    -Sam: Oh, you know same ol same ol... some giant Decepticon vulture tried to kill me at work today... so how are you and the Mrs.? Bet the girl's getting big, eh?

Just something to make a connection to the first, you know?

15. SuperJazz

I want an Autobot for an uncle now. And the writers in general sucked anyway, I like fan fiction a lot more, if it's well written and not just a mash-up of words.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    They weren't included in the RotF and DotM, that's what happened. I've said it before and I'll say it again: JUST BECAUSE CHARACTERS AREN'T IN SEQUELS DOESN'T MEAN THEY'VE BEEN "FORGOTTEN".

Or more examples: Batman Returns never (to my knowledge) addressed The Joker. But I doubt anyone forgot about his character. His character simply served his purpose and that's it. Pirates 4 never said a word about Davy Jones, you know, the main antagonist of the previous two movies. Men in Black II never addressed Edgar (the main villain of the previous movie). Now, I know what you're saying: "Yeah, well, those characters died!" Okay then, characters that didn't (to our knowledge) die. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade never mentioned Short Round (whether you like him or not). Shrek 4 apparently "forgets" Prince Charming. Fantastic Four 2: Did Victor get on the phone and divulge his secret plan to his butler-friend-guy Leonard from the first movie? Nope. Ice Age 3 apparently "forgets" the swindler from the previous movie, Fast Tony. And they were about as "important" as Lennox' wife/child. Movies do this all of the time. Why is the likes of Lennox' family, Keller, Banachek, Glenn and Maggie not being in the sequels suddenly raising a stir with blaming the filmmakers? They're characters are/were done with.

Now, with all of that said, a solemn scene of Lennox phoning his wife/child and telling them that they'll be okay while he starts welling up would've* been a great, emotional scene that would've really added to his character. Or even Epps doing the same thing.

*Please see below for my thoughts of "would've".

This would've been good. But with all of the "would've", "should've" and "could've"'s with these movies that every fan and their dog suggests, the list is getting longer and longer and so would the movies. Yes, they could've had a scene of Optimus mourning the Autobots on the Ark. They could've had a line about Ironhide's death. They could've found a way to include Keller in RotF. They could've had a longer final battle with Megatron. They could've done a lot of things. You catch my drift.

THIS! (*cough*OliviaWilde*cough*)

17. SuperJazz

Yes, to watch them get torn apart. That would've made me so happy to watch them suffer. Oh well.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Unironically support this.

Just wasn't room for Lennox's family in DOTM, needed to fit that toilet scene in and something had to give, you know?

19. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

but this is still a must though. :thumb 

20. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Well, in the books they both rusted away like Ironhide so you got your wish.