Lennox in TF5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Russian fan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    What do you think about his role? I was excited expecting to see him, but now I think that he was in the Movie almost only because we're familiar with his face (like Barricade, Whelee, Simmons). Of course he's a soldier and it was logical to expect him being in some place connected with government, not exactly on Autobots' side. But we could see him more trying to help. We could see at least some emotions when he meet Autobots! I like the scene in the osprey when TRF soldiers tear off their badges, but since this conflict wasn't so dramatic, I don't feel what I COULD feel from this scene (victory, yeah!) And it's so sad...

2. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He was my favorite human character in the movie, if only Tyrese was in the movie to see him and Lennox reunite.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    He was totally pointless.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i think his role was interesting in that i basically got a 'bad guy' vibe from him..like im sure he participated in killing autobots post-dotm & pre-tlk & he even made a deal with megatron to release decepticons which i think he indirectly knew could kill autobots &/or humans so idk how to feel about him really..i know they tried to show a little bit of a divide between him & santos but he still felt like he was fighting with the wrong side for a majority of the film so his role was both interesting & uncomfortable for me

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Nah, I think it was interesting to show the "inner workings" of the Morshower/Lennox plan. They're the rare characters that aren't assholes or goofballs in this series.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's was a huge waste in this movie. It was chance to give the character some real development and dimension now that he was on opposite sides from the Bots and after that opening bit with Bee, nothing. And for Primus sakes, what about his wife & daughter?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    A little more interaction with Optimus would have been nice, especially of the events before AOE.

• Like Like x 2
  8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    It's actually funny how he mentioned that in the little Q&A they had haha

9. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, that looks weird. I also thought about, why he released the Decepticons prisoners (another RID hints), because if they was able to track Autobots to locate their base, why they wasn't able to track Cade and Bumblebee in England? I don't want to think, that Lennox was indifferent to Autobots, fighting shoulder-to-shoulder can't be forgotten

• Like Like x 1
  10. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like much of what I anticipated in this film either looked more awesome during filming and production or simply didn´t happen

• Like Like x 6
  11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I maintain that the biggest "Whoops" decision post TF07 was not following up on Ironhide going home with Lennox. There was character and comedy gold just waiting to be mined there.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Achilles1943

News Credits:
    wait what ? you mean like bee and sam ? I dindn´t know that happened !! :O

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Its right at the end, Lennox goes home and for all the movie allowed me to assume, he took Ironhide with him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    First couple secs of this vid:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Achilles1943

News Credits:
    spinoff material right there !!

• Like Like x 1
  16. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I thought he was pretty good in the film. It was nice to actually see a familiar face and get confirmation that at least one of the characters from the original films survived. I do wish they would've at least referenced Epps since Gibson couldn't be in the film.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BarricadeLives

i hear you, i didn't wanna think about it either & i only saw it once so i can't say for certain as these films often take multiple viewings to better grasp what is actually going on but i can recall after my initial viewing, lennox kind of came off as a quasi-villain in this film..not so much a full villain but he was certainly aligned with the humans when it came down to it..similar to the post dotm-theme we've seen as far as humans regard all transformers as a threat, not just decepticons

perhaps lennox's activities are justified kind of in the opening present day monologue where it mentioned how without optimus prime chaos reigned & we kind of saw how feral & hostile the autobots could be when they don't have proper leadership (poor bumblebee). so maybe we can kind of understand his stance when you look at it from that perspective..plus he kind of 'comes around' towards the climax of the film, especially after cade chastises his fellow humans in the osprey for not only losing faith in but also betraying the autobots

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Felt like his only purpose was to serve as a familiar face for those who paid attention to movies 1-3. His role was probably the most confusing plot point in the whole movie.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BarricadeLives

i think it was good we didn't see epps..dont get me wrong, i love epps but i dont think he'd be cool with aligning himself with trf as we already saw by the time of dotm, he was already kind of retired from an active military role...i don't think he'd approve of lennox's activities post dotm

• Like Like x 2
  20. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

While some of you think he is pointless I don't think so.

What we are seeing are a difference between the Politicians and the US Military. To say the least the US Military is the sane man in the US while Politicians and corporations with an agenda do not care if military forces can handle the Decepticons or not without the Autobots.

Hence what we saw in AOE with NEST replaced by a CIA backed mercenary team and in TLK with the TRF who only begrudgingly acknowledge US Military authority when it comes to Transformers.

As we've seen throughout the movies the only reason Humans and Autobots won against the Decepticons was because they cooperated.

Politicians and corporations do not want the Autobot alliance as the treaty forbid Humans from acquiring Cybertronian technology.

• Like Like x 2