Leipzig Games Convention: SONY

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Trailbreaker77, Aug 20, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

FYI

dont know how much games it affects but:

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

whoops!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's like me complaining the first time I plugged in my Component cables to my PS2 and noticed all the Canvas lines on 3D sprites charcters in Final Fantasy 6. The game was made before Component video options were available, so those thin Photoshop lines at the edge of the character art weren't visible.

Yeah it, sux, but the games were made for a previous display type, so a cleaner display will show up with previously unseen artifacts.

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That kinda sucks.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

...except that the only way to avoid scanline artifacts in future PSP games will be to have no brightly colored or fast moving objects. A lot of fun, intense games that would get us. The scanlines are in the hardware, not the software.

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

7. flamepanther

Don't forget current & future games as well. The old games do not have scan-lines in them that the new screen is now exposing, The issue is with the screen itself. The 3000 would be a tremendous improvement if I were going to use a PSP as a still picture viewer. As it is, if and when I get a PSP, it will not be a 3000.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy with the 2k, never saw the screen as that huge of a difference to warrant buying a new one, not in comparison to 1K vs 2K.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the silver one that came with Family Guy & Daxter. Which version is that? The only other game I have for the PSP is Patapon.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's 2K. Also I've been reading on some of the forums that while the issue is there, it's not nearly as bad as IGN is making it seem. It's not better than "not" having it, but it's not horrible either.

Like I said, I'll stick with my 2K, but I hope 2Ks remain an option, though I doubt it.

I have Ace Combat for my PSP and I play games like God of War on it, so I don't want too much of an interlacing issue. But it is nice if it makes for a better picture when plugged into my LCD which I do from time to time.

Oh and I didn't want to start a thread for this game, but on the topic of PSP, I picked up Star Ocean the other day. It's badass little update to the game

11. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

That comes with star ocean 1 and 2 right?

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it's just 1, but another one comes out in Novermber. I hope it's a remake of the PS1 game, with Claude. I LOVED that game.

This is First Departure, and I'm digging it so far.

13. flamepanther

How bad or not bad it is will depend on how irritated you are by interlacing effects. If watching non-progressive DVDs on a progressive screen without any de-interlacing doesn't bother you, you'll be fine. If having those lines through anything that's high-contrast and fast-moving bothers you, you'll probably get annoyed very quickly.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We get commericals like at at work all the time and air them in Prog. I try to draw attention to them and people barely notice them, some don't even see the big deal.. So personally, it would bother me because that stuff stands out when I see it, but some people think it's normal. Hell I had someone think that it was an effect in the spot.

So it wouldn't kill me, but I would notice it, especially in movies, which I watch a lot on my PSP..... at work....instead of working...

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

The Real Issue of PSP-3000

so i guess PSP-4000 will go back to the vertical way...