Legs from galvatron scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dmomhs2k14, May 19, 2014.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Certainly looks like white Bumblebee legs to me.

Dunno if those stickers are tracking markers though. Don't they usually use smaller coloured dot stickers for tracking? I think they're just warning stickers as part of the scene dressing of the prop. It is set in a hazardous environment after all. Just look at the two warning cones for evidence of that.

Perhaps stuff's white (or light grey) because it's a chilled environment. The humans know cold can negatively affect a Transformer, especially Megatron (and Bumblebee), so maybe they're guarding against the body suddenly coming back to life during the process. Plus the gear the guy is wearing in that shot looks like it might be for a colder working environment.
    That said, the body on the slab doesn't look icy or anything.
    Feet do have a tendency to stick out in front of legs. And it does closely match the large Bumblebee promo prop someone posted earlier which didn't have much of a connecting piece between the joints since it's a simplified version of the character design. And the feet on that are several (human-sized) feet distance in front of the legs. There's even a helpful guy stood there for some general scale comparison..
    I honestly don't understand how you can't see it. Even the almost side-on view of the other leg next to it in the screenshot matches the promo prop in the photo of the large Bumblebee prop. You can even see the tire treads in the ankle. I would do a comparison of the outlines of the leg shapes to prove it if I could be bothered.

Bay likes to get value for money and I could totally see him use an old promo prop to help dress the set. It's not like he's never reused shots from his previous movies to save a few coins.

2. cadenheadr04

cadenheadr04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that also the same symbol they put on crash test dummies for monitoring G's and such in crash simulations?

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are definitely white bee legs and match 100% as you have shown in the pics.

The legs are probably used just so the actors have something to interact with but the white legs will be CGIed in the movie to look different (like Galvatrons real legs).

4. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t get the big deal if there is legs or if there isn’t legs? We know that he is completed and fights Optimus later in the film. Is it really that big of a deal if the shot has legs in or doesn’t.

Will it tell us a great deal about the plot if he didn’t have legs in scene or if he did

5. tonyformer

News Credits:
    It's not a big deal that there are legs in the shot. As most of us believe they are there to represent an unbuilt Galvatron in the process of being built. The thing that is throwing people off is that they are a set of White Bumblebee legs. As I said in my last post, they are probably just stand ins for the actors to interact with while the real looking Galvatron legs will be CGIed over these legs.

Either that or we have the white Bee legs to the white Camaro lol.

6. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could be a intesting plot point if it was the legs to the white camaro instead

7. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    They look like Bumblebees legs but in white? We've seen a white Camaro on set......!?

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quickly cropped it out and duplicated what we are on about - hope it helps;

[​IMG]

9. tonyformer

News Credits:
  10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

So does this mean there's not only a red clone of Bee, but now a white one as well?

11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's almost undoubtedly a CGI error, or the white Camaro.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I don't understand how that would be "unfinished CGI"... what needs to be added?

13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I don't think its unfinished CGI, I think the Bee legs are just there for a real object for the people to interact with. But may be CGIed over to look like Galvatrons legs in the movie. I could be wrong though.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    We don't even know for sure the white Camaro is a TF in the movie but as I have pointed out in the vids I posted, it was seen on set quite a bit with the other Autobots. There are a few other vids out there too showing it and a bunch of pics people took from set.

15. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think those markers are just warning stickers, not reference points for CGI..

There's also the numbered placemarker signs, so I think its just where they are building him.. nothing more..

Some people do like to look for things though, so good luck to them.

16. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Same. With the crop and zoom I CAN see Bee's legs now....but they're in pieces and have hoses going to them and everything else in the room is half built too. Most likely they just wanted some transformery looking stuff in the secret Transformers lab so they brought out the already-created stuff from the first movie and painted it and re-used it.

17. no fate

no fate Seize the thrown...

They no longer have the life-size BB that was created for the first movie, so they had to create those legs new for this movie.

18. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Once the sculpture was done for the first movie, they made casts of the parts. It'd be very easy for them to just pop some material into them and have the same thing again.

Besides, we've seen how they do "stand-in" robot body parts that are being replaced with CGI later - they use big blue sculptures. Remember the various bits of Prime, and all the other blue bits that showed up in making-of footage and such?

I think the yellow/black symbols are just quarantine symbols, cuz they're in a lab. When those types of symbols are used for CGI, it's to provide a frame of reference for movement tracking so they can make the CGI exactly synch up with the moving part of the shot that it's interacting with.

Those legs are just sitting there.

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is there a precedent for this?.. has there EVER been a transformers trailer with a detail as important as CG markers overlooked? i don't recall one, but i'm sure if there have been, someone on here would know..

but.. no matter what anyone else says, those are most definitely bumblebee copy legs.. and..if they weren't meant to be in the shot, or are meant to be CG'd over, why would they be white and fit the set this well? why bother using different colors on them? if they were just stand in legs.. why wouldn't they all be one color?

this is another instance where i can see both sides of the argument.. but them being CG'd over makes less sense to me.

20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I see your point. And it very well could be that these legs go to another unfinished TF they are also in the process of building. Could even be an "easter egg" of sorts to get people guessing on what other TFs may be built and show up much later at some point.

As of right now, if they dont some how belong to Galvatron, i'm leaning toward the white Camaro.