Lego Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I dont know if they exists or Hasbro is planning on creating for the up coming movie. If it would be cool if they make G1 characters. Wich Lego Transformers would be the hardest to make due to its pieces and i say Omega Supreme followed by Metroplex/Trypticon

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know Hasbro made Lego like kits about 10 years ago. Didn't go over well IIRC. However, they are going to release new kits, that come with little Lego type men that look a lot like G1 Prime, BB, and Starscream.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've got their own Lego-alike called Kre-o on the way, with some movie-styled toys that come with slightly chibi-style "minifigures" based on G1 toys. I'm hoping they sell well just so Hasbro work some into a future Classics line and we get some G1 characters. :) 

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Search for "KreO"

Hasbro's newest attempt at the building block market (after the disastrous BTR debacle), is set to launch this fall using Transformers as the initial property.

5. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
  6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone did an absolutely incredible transforming Blackout, I'll have to search through Brickshelf to find it.

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Actually as the shapes on those are not too complex those would be easy, sure they would require A LOT of peices though.

Problem with making large scale Lego transformers is joints, they have not yet figured out how to make stable enough joints to support the weight. For example, in the ball and socket joints they made for exoforce the sockets shatter if put under too much stress, as for the clicky joints from the same line if you look real close they only have like 4 teeth that click on the inside of that entire inner gear circle, hence they lose grip under too much weight., now if you had the patience to sac about 4 connectors per join and move the teeth over with a very secure glue, you could probably make them far far stronger

the more odd shapes you have on a bot/vech. the more unique pieces you need and the more expensive it gets. If you got to lego.com they have a builder you can download to try and make various designs, if you stick with one category of pieces you can actually get a price and order it, and no, its not cheep at all.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Leader Blackout? :D 

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I rather have a Lego transformer using the Bionicle/Hero Factory style parts. The normal bricks would be too much of a pain to deal with for transformations. I've already rebuilt BW Inferno using the Lego Technic style.

But I really hope if Hasbro and Lego team up, a Lego Transformer line wouldnt be G1 only. I would want all Transformer lines if possible in this series.